1500 points vs. Black Orc on Wyvern and Arachnorok spider

All discussions related to Warhammer: The Old World go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Shalyir

1500 points vs. Black Orc on Wyvern and Arachnorok spider

#1 Post by Shalyir »

Well met, fellow brothers and sisters!

Would like to ask an advice about a list you'd bring vs. 1500 points Orc & Goblins army that guaranteedly includes:

Black Orc on Wyvern
Arachnorok spider
3+ Night Goblin fanatics
2+ Chariots

Thank you!
Pash

Re: 1500 points vs. Black Orc on Wyvern and Arachnorok spider

#2 Post by Pash »

I would recommend Cav units with Counter Charge, so Silver Helms and Dragon Princes. Coupled with some decent static res - War Banner, Battle banner, and some tanky Combat Characters. That should give you a decent enough start on what to build around. Also, High Magic is very good against O&G as almost every spell has some great utility. Good luck!
Some old has-been.

Twitter:@kingpash

Glory to the Asur!
Hoeth

#3 Post by Hoeth »

Silver helms doesnt have countercharge, I am afraid
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#4 Post by Prince of Spires »

Though the Wyvern and the Arachnarok aren't the toughest monsters out there, you do need some way of dealing with them. Chose your preference. I would go with one or two of magic, monster slaying sword, and your own monster, combined with a bigger combat block. Dragon princes are a good, though expensive, choice. But a couple of chariots, SM or PG could also work. WL I'm not sure about, with Strike Last. Though in a bigger ball, they could still be scary if you manage to get the charge off.

I wouldn't worry too much in listbuilding about the fanatics. They hit hard, but they're also very random, and after they have been released, they're as likely to hit the O&G as to hit you.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.