Do lumineth models rank up on 25mm?

All discussions related to Warhammer: The Old World go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Csjarrat

Do lumineth models rank up on 25mm?

#1 Post by Csjarrat »

Google-fu has failed me gents, anyone able to show if they've been able to rank up the archers and spears at all? Looking at replacing my ancient core minis with newer ones.
I'm guessing they scale well to the newer plastics like white lions too as the bannerblade does?
an interesting variation on my usual playstyle, which is 'charge forward, forward for the love of khaine, we can fight better than any of them and they can't shoot into melee why is our armor so thin ohgodcannons'
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Do lumineth models rank up on 25mm?

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

I think they should fit on 25mm bases. Their default base is 32mm round. You can fit a 22mm square base inside a 32mm round one edge to edge, which means that at 25mm, they will fit comfortable. How well they'll rank up, I'm not sure. It will depend on what bits are sticking out. My gut feeling is that you should be able to get them to rank up, at least as well as other GW models. Though, some of those rank up terribly, so there's that.

They are a lot bigger than the old spearmen, and I think they are ever so slightly bigger than the last generation of High Elf models. As long as you either keep them in separate units, or you mix and match a lot, I don't think it will stand out too much though. People don't complain about new WL running alongside old archers either.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Morgen

#3 Post by Morgen »

I just saw a good video from Mediocre Hobbies on using AoS models for The Old World. I think this might help people with that plan in mind.

https://youtu.be/fRVn06copAU

It's a lot about laying out your ranks and files before gluing your models to bases. Don't be afraid to clip something to make things fit.
Last edited by Morgen on Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Csjarrat

#4 Post by Csjarrat »

That's great guys, cheers
an interesting variation on my usual playstyle, which is 'charge forward, forward for the love of khaine, we can fight better than any of them and they can't shoot into melee why is our armor so thin ohgodcannons'
Icarion

#5 Post by Icarion »

i have some Lumineth infantry and i will try to make an ToW army, as i wanna say byebye to AoS. What i know, is that i converted the Lumi Knight models to Dragon Princes by exchanging the horses heads for metal Dragon Prince´s horseheads and exchanging the elven heads with Dragon Prince´s heads. It looks cool and more dynamic than the old (rather static) Knights
Caledor for life!
Csjarrat

#6 Post by Csjarrat »

Just a heads-up on this, I bought 5 archers from a box splitter and put them on 25mm squares. They rank up fine and they scale fine against white lions/phoenix guard etc.
The dawnriders cavalry riders scale perfectly against white lions too and they fit on 30*60 no problems at all.
Lumineth are absolutely fine for ranking and are the same scale guys.
Morgen

#7 Post by Morgen »

Nice work then! I'm glad it worked out. Those particular models look very nice. :)
Anduil of Elithis

#8 Post by Anduil of Elithis »

Csjarrat wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:53 pm Just a heads-up on this, I bought 5 archers from a box splitter and put them on 25mm squares. They rank up fine and they scale fine against white lions/phoenix guard etc.
The dawnriders cavalry riders scale perfectly against white lions too and they fit on 30*60 no problems at all.
Lumineth are absolutely fine for ranking and are the same scale guys.
Do you have some pictures of your ranked up Lumineth? Definitely curious, because as a colonies player, I think they hit the sweet spot of visual connection to elves from Ulthuan yet being different enough to tell of newly developing cultures far from the Asur homelands.
Csjarrat

#9 Post by Csjarrat »

Haven't got an account for image hosting anymore I'm afraid. Wasn't brave enough to do the lumineth spears as they have absolutely huge pikes that need a lot of work to rank up but I've seen other folk do that work and rank them up too.
Anduil of Elithis

#10 Post by Anduil of Elithis »

You can actually upload pictures directly into posts here, if you use the full editor. No need for an additional hosting service.
Csjarrat

#11 Post by Csjarrat »

Try to grab them with my phone cam but it just errors out "file size too large"
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#12 Post by Prince of Spires »

If you back up your phone photos somewhere (like google cloud or apple cloud or whatever), then those services usually have an option where you can get a URL which lets you embed the image using the [IMG] tags. In Microsoft OneDrive (which is what I use), it's hidden in the more options '...' menu and called embed.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.