The Old World Dev Diary

All discussions related to Warhammer: The Old World go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
TyrrenAzureblade

The Old World Dev Diary

#1 Post by TyrrenAzureblade »

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... the-same/
Interesting informational tidbits, and looks like there are a lot of High Elf models being showcased here! Pretty much all of the plastics from 7th edition onward, along with the old Silver Helm and Archer kits. Interestingly, the old archer kit is shown in the photographs, but no spearmen. I'm hoping this means a refresh to the kit, but I can see them just making Lothern Sea Guard the basic infantry for High Elves since in this setting they're abroad in the Old World, and it doesn't seem like Ulthuan will directly play into the narrative any time soon. Either way, I'll be glad to be able to pick up some of these old kits without having pay an arm and a leg on eBay, especially White Lions, Dragon Princes, and Skycutters.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: The Old World Dev Diary

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Thanks for this Tyrren, I feel 25mm bases really suit those Dwarfs. Look like most cavalry are still on 25 x 50?
TyrrenAzureblade

#3 Post by TyrrenAzureblade »

SpellArcher wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:49 pm Look like most cavalry are still on 25 x 50?
I think it's been confirmed that cavalry bases are going to be bigger, but no official size has been stated. Some folks are speculating 30mm x 55mm or 30mm x 60mm from looking at photographs. Either way, my Dragon Princes and Silver Helms will be glad for the extra room for their steeds' pesky tails.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#4 Post by Prince of Spires »

An interesting question is how deliberate these photo's really are. It could of course be some big master plan, where each and every step is considered and approved by 5 different departments and 12 different people. On the other hand, it could also just be that there are 3 people working on this, and these happened to be the models they had on hand and they just grabbed a few epic looking shots from some games they played. We'll see in time how deliberate these photos are I guess.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.