Can non-GW games be discussed in this forum?

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Rajmahal

Can non-GW games be discussed in this forum?

#1 Post by Rajmahal »

Just a question ... is it okay to discuss non-GW miniature wargames in this forum or should that be in the off topic forum? I ask because I'm working on a new ruleset for fantasy warfare that I intend to release as a free app on various mobile platforms. I'm doing it mainly for the fun of rules writing and not planning to make a lot of money (or spend a lot) so going this route instead of an actual print run. Will most likely release a free pdf as well.

Anyway, is a mass battle game similar in scale to warhammer and similar enough that I think it'll be interesting to people here. Also, I'd like to get people's input on what they might like to see in the High elf and other army lists that I'll be writing shortly. I want it to allow players to use whatever models and conversions they might have in their collection. I'd also like to add units that people would like to have such as High Elf dragon riders, Lion riders and so forth.

Let me know if it's okay to discuss here or if it should be in the off topic forum. Thanks,
John Rainbow

Re: Can non-GW games be discussed in this forum?

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

Probably one for the mods but the best bet is probably starting it in the off-topic section and then they can shift it if they feel it warrants it. Non-GW stuff is usually in off-topic though.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

I'll pick it up with the other mods. Personally I would put it in the ideas forum. That's probably the best fit I think.

But I'll get back to you.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Rajmahal

#4 Post by Rajmahal »

Cool ... thanks. I'll hold off on posting details and such until you guys decide. Right now I'm just about finishing the core rules and will then start to write the magic spells and army lists. The army lists are where I'd love to get input from the community as I want to create the sort of high elf list that people would actually wan to field.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#5 Post by Prince of Spires »

@Rajmahal: I've discussed this with the rest of the lores. We have changed this forum to include all games, not just GW ones (hence the name change to "Other Games")

So feel free to post your topic in this forum.

Rod

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Rajmahal

#6 Post by Rajmahal »

Awesome ... thanks so much! Let me buy you a virtual beer ... hell, I'm feeling generous. I'll buy a round of virtual beers for the whole establishment. :D
fireblade

#7 Post by fireblade »

snoops in, virtual beer, sound like my cup of tea :D
Cheers!

Anyway, looking forward as to what you came up with, massive battles sounds interesting indeed.
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/afbeelding1b0f4.png[/img]
Nachri, Subcommander of the Vengeance of Vaul
11/15/8 (5 massacres), kills 227
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#8 Post by Prince of Spires »

Rajmahal wrote:Awesome ... thanks so much! Let me buy you a virtual beer ... hell, I'm feeling generous. I'll buy a round of virtual beers for the whole establishment. :D
Sounds pretty manly... I can tell you play elves of some kind ;)

Rod

Check out my plog

Rajmahal

#9 Post by Rajmahal »

Indeed ... super manly. Actually I play all three flavours of elves but mostly High Elves.

Okay, I'll post up a new thread for my game and put up a link to the early draft of the rules and some screenshots of pages. Thanks again, guys! :D