Alternative High Elf miniatures - a near and dear subject

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Cirion RedDragon

Re: Alternative High Elf miniatures - a near and dear subject

#31 Post by Cirion RedDragon »

I'm going to list some of my personal favorite High Elf figures, how useful they are for Warhammer varies:
I still think Ral Partha made some of the prettiest, most iconic fantasy miniatures ever produced, their Elves being a particular favorite. Hard to find and rather tiny next to big&chunky Citadel ones, but very nice.
For something REALLY old school, take a look at Minigfigs' Aureola Rococo range, recasts available from www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk (scroll down to 'Classic Fantasy ranges'), they're true 25 mm scale and also extremely iconic and influential.
If you're looking for something Middle Earthy, I think Mithril (www.mithril.ie) would have gotten the job if Professor Tolkien himself had ever commissioned a miniature line depicting his creations. Nothing anyone else have ever made looks as Tolkien as their figures do.
For somewhat more 'realistic', kinda Dark Agey looking Elves, I'd recommend Vendel (hard to find), Oathmark or Prince August self-casts. Those would also make excellent Numenoreans.
Hatrlequin/Black Tree Design come closest to matching the 80s/90s Citadel look.
And for HUGE and CHUNKY Elves, Target Games' Chronopia and Leviathan lines certainly fit the bill. I love their Dragon riders !