HE vs. Stegadons

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

RE.Lee

#151 Post by RE.Lee »

I'm a bit concerned about the magic approach I suggested earlier. It seems the Slann with Rumination and Cogitation is becoming a popular choice. That basicaly shuts down any level 4 and allows serious zapping as well.

I still think WLC are too fragile to work well against Lizardmen. Razardons screening stegadons seems to be a sensible tactic - you don't want to risk charging them, hold back, and in the meanwhile you get giant bow shots from behind the screen as the formation advances.
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Wildling04

#152 Post by Wildling04 »

RE.Lee wrote:
I still think WLC are too fragile to work well against Lizardmen. Razardons screening stegadons seems to be a sensible tactic - you don't want to risk charging them, hold back, and in the meanwhile you get giant bow shots from behind the screen as the formation advances.
Pretty much anything in our list is vulnerable to shooting. At least with a double charge of chariots, they can only stand and shoot at one.
superhighelves

#153 Post by superhighelves »

2 ways to kill Stegadons:

1-RBT
2- Star lance lord on Star Dragon.
I am a Dragon Emperor
Highelf'n'40kslaanesh

#154 Post by Highelf'n'40kslaanesh »

im in the process of 10000 pt battle i have 5 princes on S.D, 3 arch's on G.E, 4 lv2 mage's, 1 noble B.S + BSB, core 10 x 15 spear, special, 4x10 P.G, 2x10 W.L, 10 S.M, 10 D.P.C, 15xR.B.T

he has 8 slaan, all with disciplines, ea guarded by 12 T.G, 161 skirm skinks, 4 engines and 4 ancients, even with all these R.B.T it seems very hard to win taking out the engine is my main priority im writing down a battle report so ill keep posted about it

annihilation
Lord Anathir

#155 Post by Lord Anathir »

Wildling04 wrote:
RE.Lee wrote:
Pretty much anything in our list is vulnerable to shooting. At least with a double charge of chariots, they can only stand and shoot at one.
in my experience lion chariots dont even get the chance.. peripheral shooting kills them, like random skimisher blow pipes or terradon rocks or terradon blow pipes or a random fireball fom a slaan that he casts just cuz he got extra dice.
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"
Flame of the Asuryan

#156 Post by Flame of the Asuryan »

superhighelves wrote:2 ways to kill Stegadons:

1-RBT
2- Star lance lord on Star Dragon.
That is just simple tunnelvision.

Dragon Princes with war or battlebanner can do well killing them(Yes, they actually can fail Cold Blood L6 Stubborn.

Blocks of Phoenix guard come to my mind, as well as an Archmage.

Problem with Stegadons is their support units. Stegadons with support are tres bad!
-"Humans are the cruelest of animals" Friedrich Nietzsche -