1,500pt Slow grow

Place to discuss army list
Evinyal

1,500pt Slow grow

#1 Post by Evinyal »

Hiya, I'm taking part of a slow grow league at my local club & I'm thinking of running the following for 1,500pts. What are people's thoughts on the list? Any changes or improvements anyone would recommend? For added info my remaining opponents are Empire, Dwarfs, High Elves & vampire counts. I know the He & VC players are bringing dragons & I think the empire player is bringing a steam tank & a grffon.

===
High Elf 1.5k [1497 pts]
Warhammer: The Old World, High Elf Realms
===

++ Characters [673 pts] ++

Prince [328 pts]
- Hand weapon
- Full plate armour
- Shield
- General
- Lothern Skycutter
- The White Sword
- Seed of Rebirth
- Dragon Helm
- Sea Guard

Dragon Mage [345 pts]
- Hand weapon
- Light armour
- Level 2 Wizard
- Sun Dragon
- Seed of Rebirth
- Opal Amulet
- Battle Magic

++ Core Units [378 pts] ++

5 Ellyrian Reavers [90 pts]
- Hand weapons
- Cavalry spears
- Hooves (counts as a hand weapon)
- Light armour
- Shortbows

18 Lothern Sea Guard [233 pts]
- Hand weapons
- Thrusting spears
- Warbows
- Light armour
- Shields
- Sea Master (champion)
- Standard bearer
- Musician

5 Elven Archers [55 pts]
- Hand weapons
- Longbows
- Sentinel (champion)

++ Special Units [206 pts] ++

5 Dragon Princes [206 pts]
- Lance
- Full plate armour
- Barding
- Drakemaster
- Standard bearer
- Musician

++ Rare Units [240 pts] ++

Great Eagle [60 pts]

Lothern Skycutter [90 pts]
- Cavalry spears

Lothern Skycutter [90 pts]
- Cavalry spears

---
Created with "Old World Builder"

[https://old-world-builder.com]
Csjarrat

Re: 1,500pt Slow grow

#2 Post by Csjarrat »

Any reason why the prince isn't riding the dragon? If you're gonna take one, you might as well do it properly right?
an interesting variation on my usual playstyle, which is 'charge forward, forward for the love of khaine, we can fight better than any of them and they can't shoot into melee why is our armor so thin ohgodcannons'
Evinyal

#3 Post by Evinyal »

Chariots are immune to killing blow & monster slayer. Plus I can't take the white sword if the Prince is on a dragon.
Csjarrat

#4 Post by Csjarrat »

Evinyal wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:52 am Chariots are immune to killing blow & monster slayer. Plus I can't take the white sword if the Prince is on a dragon.
Then why not save a load of points and get rid of the dragon?
an interesting variation on my usual playstyle, which is 'charge forward, forward for the love of khaine, we can fight better than any of them and they can't shoot into melee why is our armor so thin ohgodcannons'
NHB

#5 Post by NHB »

I like the Dragon, maybe it is not the optimal choice for the points. But Dragon Mages are awesome :)

You have more redirectors than units :D

Maybe drop the Eagle and the Musician and Standard on the Dragon Princes, and instead add 2 for 7 Total
Or drop the Eagle and a Skycutter and add 10 Swordmasters or White Lions with 2/3 Command

Probably Skirmish on the Reavers is more worth it than the Sentinel on the Archers. (360° Vision etc.)
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#6 Post by Prince of Spires »

Do you have any special rules regarding the growing of the list you need to consider? Or is it just "the next list will be bigger"? Also, what sort of powerlevel are we aiming for? Casual? Themed? Hardcore tournament?

I agree that you have at least 1 redirector too many. I would drop the eagle at a minimum. I would also drop the archer dart for just more LSG. Even if you keep the archers, drop the sentinel. Their whole purpose is to be cheap and expendable. Adding a champion only makes them more expensive without achieving anything.

I like the theme of your list. If that's what you're going for, then keep it. Otherwise, I think there are better ways to spend your points than 180 of them on Skycutters. With the rare points you have, you can more than double your DP unit for instance. I might keep 1 Skycutter and drop the other and the eagle into the DP's.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.