Chracian Themed Circling Back (BR soon)

Place to discuss army list
Houdini

Chracian Themed Circling Back (BR soon)

#1 Post by Houdini »

G’day Ulthuan!

Great to be back and into the action. I have only just received my book so of course I was very eager to dive in and start list building (without fully understanding the rules yet :roll: ). I have been a long time lover of the ‘White Lion’ theme, and as the title suggests I want to dive straight into it. I was fortunate enough to stock pile a few boxes of the White Lion regiments as well as the Lion Chariots just before the end of 8th edition. My plan was always to build and paint a Chracian themed army but sadly with the end of 8th (and other life distractions) I just fell out of the hobby. The most exciting part for me with the new book is hopefully the ability to take a Chracian themed army build and also re-start my hobby by also painting and modelling this theme.

I want to say that I have already taken inspiration from @NHB and @Axiem for both the Prince and Archmage build, so thank you both for landing on the combinations so quickly!
A few thoughts on the list…again without understanding the rules completely, so forgive some poor options:

Characters
I will say I was surprised to see that the mages didn’t get the Ithilmar Armour rule in the profile. Ether way I have gone with the hard hitting options and much lighter on the defence. I figured that magic and shooting has become somewhat weaker than 8th so therefore positioning the chariots well, could hopefully be enough to keep them out of range damage threats. The Shadow Warriors were taken for this reason as well, to provide extra cover from things like the Dwarf Bolt thrower and also give another chaff option. I think there is a fair bit of grey area in the Line of Sight and Cover ruling.
I was uncertain if the prince needed to take the Charcian Hunter honour in order to maintain the stubborn rule with the unit. If that is not the case then I can drop the honour because he isn’t utilising the other rules.
I was thinking the Hand Maiden could be dropped for more bodies on the board or another Lion Chariot if the horn of Isha doesn’t give much benefit to the Sisters.

Core
I like the versatility a bigger unit of Sea Guard bring to the HE core, with both shooting and the ability to support in combat. Not too sure on the costing of the Razor standard and if it’ll be worth it.

Special
The Lions are picked for the themed list and I love the models! However I do feel the Phoenix Guard are the better option here especially with the Handmaiden in the list. But hey I’m going to test them out and if I feel I need Phoenix Guard for a more competitive list then I might just use the White Lion models for this purpose.

Rare
Sisters seem like our best shooting option but again to my surprise they’re not strength 4 or even flaming. I don’t know how I feel about the new Bolties for the point cost so Sister win over this position. The Sisters should provide some good consistency but also some staying power if threatened by smaller units.

++ Characters [926 pts] ++

Prince [373 pts]
- Hand weapon
- Full Plate Armor
- Shield
- Lion Chariot of Chrace
- The White Sword
- Seed of Rebirth
- Dragon Helm
- Chracian Hunter

Archmage [420 pts]
- Hand weapon
- Upgrade to Level 4
- Lion Chariot of Chrace
- Ogre Blade
- Talisman of Protection
- Earthing Rod
- Chracian Hunter
- Illusion

Handmaiden of the Everqueen [133 pts]
- Handmaiden's Spear
- Heavy armour
- Horn of Isha
- 2x Obsidian Lodestone

++ Core Units [502 pts] ++

20 Lothern Sea Guard [317 pts]
- Hand weapons
- Thrusting Spears
- Warbows
- Light armour
- Shields
- Veteran
- Sea Master (champion)
- Standard Bearer
- Razor Standard
- Musician

5 Ellyrian Reavers [95 pts]
- Hand weapons
- Cavalry Spears
- Hooves (counts as a hand weapon)
- Light armour
- Shortbows
- Skirmishes

5 Ellyrian Reavers [90 pts]
- Hand weapons
- Cavalry Spears
- Light armour
- Shortbows

++ Special Units [273 pts] ++

12 White Lions [198 pts]
- Chracian Great Blades
- Heavy armour
- Replace "Valor of Ages" with "Veteran"
- Guardian
- Standard Bearer
- Musician

5 Shadow Warriors [75 pts]
- Longbow
- Light armour
- Chariot Runners (0-1 unit)

++ Rare Units [296 pts] ++

16 Sister of Avelorn [296 pts]
- Bow of Avelorn
- Light armour
- Stubborn (0-1 unit)
- 2x Obsidian Lodestone
Last edited by Houdini on Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
NHB

Re: Chracian Themed 2000pts

#2 Post by NHB »

Ahhhh... the idea of chopping off the head of a big bad nasty in a single strike :D

You need to take the High Sister to take 2x Obsidian Lodestone, which puts them at 303pts. That is a lot of Lodestones... Maybe consider the Loremaster Cloak instead?

I would probably drop the Ogre Blade and the Chariot from the Archmage instead put him on a steed and let him be screened by the 2 Reaver units (add skirmish also to the 2nd unit)

You don't want him in combat anyway. I know Spectral Doppelganger sounds fun. Taking out 10 Minotaurs or Ogres in a single Turn sounds nearly as fun as chopping up a Dragon. Still... I think you need some more boots on the ground.

Double the size of the Shadow Warriors to screen the Lion Prince properly. Even if they take a couple of wounds. Maybe even 12. Rest of the saved points into more boots on the ground of the White Lions. Maybe sneak in a Chracian Noble BSB to go with the Lions.
Morgen

#3 Post by Morgen »

Our wizards don't have Ithilmar Armour because, minus a few exceptions, wizards can't wear armor at all. :)

I would also advocate syphoning some of those character points into more soliders but it might be interesting to see how it goes.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#4 Post by Prince of Spires »

Actually, it is surprisingly, very easy to give our mages armor. The only character with Itilmar Armour on her profile is the handmaiden. Our mages (and nobles) get their specialization from the honors they can take. Other than that, they're very generic. And there are 2 that allow our mages to take armour (or 3 of you consider loremaster). Blood of Caledor gives you the Dragon Armour rule and Warden of Saphery gives Ithilmar armour. Both of them allow mages armor.

If you put the handmaiden in the sisters, then having both of them take the lodestone is useless. Magic resistance is not cumulative, rather, it's pick the best. Since both have MR2, you'll be using that. Even then I wonder if it's worth 40 points on the sisters. They will be far away from the fighting, and you should have better targets for most magic. I think they'd be a waste of points in most games.

As for the Horn of Isha. It's powerful, with +1 to hit and to wound. Though you should be hitting a lot of stuff on 3+ already anyway with BS5. And with AP1 and AB2, you should be able to deal with a lot of armoured units. So you could consider dropping the maiden alltogether. But she could be worth it.

I would also drop the Ogre Blade on the archmage. It's not really worth it on a 2A @ WS4 character who doesn't want to be in combat in the first place. Dropping that and the 4 lodestones should give you 105 points to play with and take something else fun.

I also think the Ogre Blade will turn out to be more popular than the white sword. It's at -1S compared to the white sword and it lacks monster slayer. But it's also D3 wounds and it doesn't strike last. Given how initiative works this edition, I can see that ending up being a deal breaker for HE. It's also 5 pts cheaper. => Edit: disregard that. Elven Prince has Strike First, which cancels the strike last. @I6 you'll likely still go before many things, especially if you charge.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Axiem
Rhetor militaris

#5 Post by Axiem »

The rule for Magic Resistance isn't cumulative, so I assume you're putting the Handmaiden in a unit other than the Sisters (Sea Guard?), is that right?

I really like this list. The only thing that's missing is, without a BSB, Pure of Heart or some immune to psychology somewhere. The lack of ways to mitigate panic scares me a little, since there's a lot of Panic-checking now. I may take your concept and try to tweak it a bit to mitigate this, but this is the kind of list I could definitely see myself play.

Especially in a world where Bolt Throwers have -1 to hit, and Chariots look so good, this looks like a natural way to build new lists.

Kind regards,

Axiem
Houdini

#6 Post by Houdini »

So great to be getting feed back on Ulthuan again! I have certainly missed the conversations about the game and specifically the HE. It also helps me learn the rules better in the early stages.

Ahhhhhhhh the Lodestone double up (quadruple up) was user input error. Using ToW Builder - I originally had a High Sister champion in the unit holding 2 x Lodestones but then removed her and added a Hand Maiden. unfortunately when I removed the High Sister it didn't auto drop the Lodestones and I didn't realise this.

one MASSIVE negative I have unfortunately stumbled upon in my further reading - is that chariots don't automatically get swift stride and also the heavy chariots don't get free wheeling/pivoting (just the 90 degree turn). certainly the charge range of the Lion Chariot is a bit of a worry......
NHB wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:59 am Double the size of the Shadow Warriors to screen the Lion Prince properly. Even if they take a couple of wounds. Maybe even 12. Rest of the saved points into more boots on the ground of the White Lions. Maybe sneak in a Chracian Noble BSB to go with the Lions.
I will look at increasing the size of the SW unit however I do feel they are a bit lack lustre generally so I want to be cautious about over investing.
any Thoughts on a banner with the unit of Lions or BSB?
NHB wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:59 am I would probably drop the Ogre Blade and the Chariot from the Archmage instead put him on a steed and let him be screened by the 2 Reaver units (add skirmish also to the 2nd unit)
Prince of Spires wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:01 am I would also drop the Ogre Blade on the archmage. It's not really worth it on a 2A @ WS4 character who doesn't want to be in combat in the first place. Dropping that and the 4 lodestones should give you 105 points to play with and take something else fun.
I will definitely take the Archmage on foot without my blinkers on. I certainly have gone into list writing with the excitement of the Lion Theme.

looks like I have some points to invest better to support this list. I still see the Frost Phoenix as a good support for the Lion unit. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I read the rule that the entire front rank gets to make attacks in combat even if not in base contact? therefore could you combo charge with the Frosty maximising its contact and then minimise contact with the Lions?
Prince of Spires wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:01 am As for the Horn of Isha. It's powerful, with +1 to hit and to wound. Though you should be hitting a lot of stuff on 3+ already anyway with BS5. And with AP1 and AB2, you should be able to deal with a lot of armoured units. So you could consider dropping the maiden alltogether. But she could be worth it.
do you think the Horn may be able to do a job on some of the nasty monsters that'll be getting around the table? I thought maybe wounding on 5s might be able to chip a few more wounds.
Axiem wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:30 pm I really like this list. The only thing that's missing is, without a BSB, Pure of Heart or some immune to psychology somewhere. The lack of ways to mitigate panic scares me a little, since there's a lot of Panic-checking now. I may take your concept and try to tweak it a bit to mitigate this, but this is the kind of list I could definitely see myself play.
I was probably a bit hopeful that Veteran would do a job for at least part of the army. I thought maybe there was a world finally where the HE wouldn't be so reliant on a BSB, but I'm sure a couple of shaky games would have me scurrying to get a BSB straight back in my list #-o
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#7 Post by Prince of Spires »

Houdini wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:33 am looks like I have some points to invest better to support this list. I still see the Frost Phoenix as a good support for the Lion unit. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I read the rule that the entire front rank gets to make attacks in combat even if not in base contact? therefore could you combo charge with the Frosty maximising its contact and then minimise contact with the Lions?
Yes and no.

Yes in that all models in the front rank get to fight, though models not in B2B contact only ever get 1 attack. Which isn't much of an issue with WL, since they only get 1 attack anyway, but it's good to be aware of.

No in that the rules for multiple charging units (BBB P130), state that both charges happen simultaneously, and that both units must try to bring the maximum number of models from both sides into contact.

As for the Horn, I think it can help. +1 to hit and to wound is very powerful. Especially combined with a high volume of attacks it can shred stuff. Even more so if it is low on armor. How good it is in practice is something that we'll learn once games start being played. But it looks like it has potential, depending a bit on what you expect to be facing.

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
NHB

#8 Post by NHB »

Houdini wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:33 am I will look at increasing the size of the SW unit however I do feel they are a bit lack lustre generally so I want to be cautious about over investing.
any Thoughts on a banner with the unit of Lions or BSB?
Their sole purpose is to screen the Prince, they can't do that if they don't have enough size to block line of sight or 1-2 wounds picked off.

Try to tell any other army except Wood Elves that BS5 shooting is meh, even though it is S3. Enemy chaff can't charge it because Fire & Flee or Stand and Shoot and Elves going first will destroy that chaff (re-rolling 1s to hit). If a combat block or heavy cav is going for it, you succesfully disrupted the enemy battle plan. And should be able to roll up from the other flank....
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#9 Post by Prince of Spires »

NHB wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:00 pm Try to tell any other army except Wood Elves that BS5 shooting is meh, even though it is S3.
BS5 shooting in my army is meh. But that's because the initiation ritual for any bow wielding models in my army is that they need to have their eyes stabbed out with one of their arrows. Both of them... #-o :lol:

I think SW can definitely work in some lists. They're better than they were last edition at least, and cheaper. So there's that at least. I want to give them a go at some point, together with a reaver bow wielding Shadow Walker Prince. Build an evasion / mobile shooting list and see how it performs. I've got an Alith Anar model somewhere who's perfect for this.

Check out my plog

NHB

#10 Post by NHB »

I did throw out an idea for that .... https://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic ... 59#p954259
Houdini

#11 Post by Houdini »

Thank you again for great feedback all!

I managed to get my first game in during the week. Unfortunately my list didn’t even slightly resemble my dream of the Chracian themed list. But it was due to multi reasons, mainly that I haven’t even started to put together my Lion chariots so I mainly used a list where I had everything painted. This is the list I took below and I went up against Daemons. I’m a bit short on time today so I’ll try and post up my thoughts and learnings in the next couple of days.

++ Characters [808 pts] ++

Prince [528 pts]
- Hand Weapon
- Full Plate Armor
- Shield
- Star Dragon
- Seed of Rebirth
- Dragon Helm
- The White Sword
- Pure of Heart

Archmage [280 pts]
- Hand weapon
- Upgrade to Level 4
- On foot
- Power Scroll
- Armour of Caledor
- Annulian Crystal
- Warden of Saphery

++ Core Units [514 pts] ++

5 Ellyrian Reavers [85 pts]
- Hand Weapons
- Cavalry Spears
- Light Armour
- Skirmishes

18 Lothern Sea Guard [291 pts]
- Hand Weapons
- Thrusting Spears
- Warbows
- Light Armour
- Shields
- Veteran
- Sea Master (champion)
- Standard Bearer
- Razor Standard
- Musician

5 Silver Helms [138 pts]
- Hand weapons
- Lances
- Heavy armour
- Barding
- Shields
- High Helm (champion)
- Standard bearer
- Musician

++ Special Units [253 pts] ++

14 Swordmasters [253 pts]
- Sword of Hoeth
- Heavy armour
- Drilled
- Bladelord
- Standard bearer
- Lion Standard
- Musician

++ Rare Units [425 pts] ++

1 Frostheart Phoenix [205 pts]
- Full plate armor

Great Eagle [60 pts]

10 Sisters of Avelorn [160 pts]
- Bows of Avelorn
- Light armour
- Stubborn (0-1 unit)
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#12 Post by Prince of Spires »

Interesting list. How did you find the 5 SH unit? I'm still divided on them. I'm not sure going small units in TOW always makes the most sense.

Check out my plog

Lion-of-Chrace

#13 Post by Lion-of-Chrace »

Houdini wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:43 am Thank you again for great feedback all!

I managed to get my first game in during the week. Unfortunately my list didn’t even slightly resemble my dream of the Chracian themed list. But it was due to multi reasons, mainly that I haven’t even started to put together my Lion chariots so I mainly used a list where I had everything painted. This is the list I took below and I went up against Daemons. I’m a bit short on time today so I’ll try and post up my thoughts and learnings in the next couple of days.

++ Characters [808 pts] ++

Prince [528 pts]
- Hand Weapon
- Full Plate Armor
- Shield
- Star Dragon
- Seed of Rebirth
- Dragon Helm
- The White Sword
- Pure of Heart

Archmage [280 pts]
- Hand weapon
- Upgrade to Level 4
- On foot
- Power Scroll
- Armour of Caledor
- Annulian Crystal
- Warden of Saphery

++ Core Units [514 pts] ++

5 Ellyrian Reavers [85 pts]
- Hand Weapons
- Cavalry Spears
- Light Armour
- Skirmishes

- Hand Weapons
- Thrusting Spears
- Warbows
- Light Armour
- Shields
- Veteran
- Sea Master (champion)
- Standard Bearer
- Razor Standard
- Musician

5 Silver Helms [138 pts]
- Hand weapons
- Lances
- Heavy armour
- Barding
- Shields
- High Helm (champion)
- Standard bearer
- Musician

++ Special Units [253 pts] ++

14 Swordmasters [253 pts]
- Sword of Hoeth
- Heavy armour
- Drilled
- Bladelord
- Standard bearer
- Lion Standard
- Musician

++ Rare Units [425 pts] ++

- Full plate armor

Great Eagle [60 pts]

10 Sisters of Avelorn [160 pts]
- Bows of Avelorn
- Light armour
- Stubborn (0-1 unit)
I don't think you can take White Sword on Star Dragon, only on foot or chariot...
Unus Sed Leo
Houdini

#14 Post by Houdini »

Prince of Spires wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:19 am Interesting list. How did you find the 5 SH unit? I'm still divided on them. I'm not sure going small units in TOW always makes the most sense.
They were very good in the first game. I took a long charge early on into a unit of Nurglings and then due to give ground it caused a bottle neck for other enemy units and held up that flank for 3 rounds.
Lion-of-Chrace wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:41 pm I don't think you can take White Sword on Star Dragon, only on foot or chariot...
Ah bugger #-o thank you for pointing that out. There were a lot of rules that we got wrong looking back at the rules now. But just enjoying learning by playing, particularly for me as It has been 10+ years since I have rolled dice.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#15 Post by Prince of Spires »

Houdini wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:16 am Ah bugger #-o thank you for pointing that out. There were a lot of rules that we got wrong looking back at the rules now. But just enjoying learning by playing, particularly for me as It has been 10+ years since I have rolled dice.
I know that feeling. I've played a few games of 8th over the years. But I recently played a game of TOW, and I just kept searching through the rule books for all the small nuances of the different rules and how they interacted and I probably still got half of them wrong. I had missed the White Sword being infantry / chariot only as well.

With the monsterhammer tendencies I see in list I'm starting to think that it might be one of our better anti-meta choices. Put him on a Lion Chariot, get into combat with a big bad monster and chop it to pieces. 4 WS7, S7, AP2 attacks are pretty good.

Check out my plog

Houdini

#16 Post by Houdini »

:( Unfortunately I don’t think the white sword on the chariot is the answer. The 4 attacks from the prince is very whiffy from my short experience. Then going up against a Chaos Dragon or Forest Dragon etc. the odds are so slim to get a win or a monster slay for that matter.
Houdini

#17 Post by Houdini »

Just an image of deployment in my first game. Had my second game yesterday with an amended list also.

TyrrenAzureblade

#18 Post by TyrrenAzureblade »

Houdini wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:37 pm :( Unfortunately I don’t think the white sword on the chariot is the answer. The 4 attacks from the prince is very whiffy from my short experience. Then going up against a Chaos Dragon or Forest Dragon etc. the odds are so slim to get a win or a monster slay for that matter.
Yeah, I think the best chance is an Illusion Archmage with the White Sword and a Lore Familiar to guarantee Spectral Doppelganger with either the Chracian Hunter or Sea Guard Honour to mount up on a Lion Chariot or a Skycutter. The Lion chariot is tougher but slower and the Skycutter can make long Flying charges. Then you would have to overcome Terror. Even if you take the Lion Chariot which has Fear, Terror still causes Fear in Fear-causing units, so the chariot would still need to test to charge since it would be Unit Strength 5 (not sure if a Character adds to its Unit Strength). And then there's the issue of whether the White Sword giving you Strikes Last effects your spellcasting. RAW it seems like it does, so you'd be casting it at I5 on the charge which could be a problem if your target has a higher Initiative.
Halinn

#19 Post by Halinn »

TyrrenAzureblade wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:05 am
Houdini wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:37 pm :( Unfortunately I don’t think the white sword on the chariot is the answer. The 4 attacks from the prince is very whiffy from my short experience. Then going up against a Chaos Dragon or Forest Dragon etc. the odds are so slim to get a win or a monster slay for that matter.
Yeah, I think the best chance is an Illusion Archmage with the White Sword and a Lore Familiar to guarantee Spectral Doppelganger with either the Chracian Hunter or Sea Guard Honour to mount up on a Lion Chariot or a Skycutter. The Lion chariot is tougher but slower and the Skycutter can make long Flying charges. Then you would have to overcome Terror. Even if you take the Lion Chariot which has Fear, Terror still causes Fear in Fear-causing units, so the chariot would still need to test to charge since it would be Unit Strength 5 (not sure if a Character adds to its Unit Strength). And then there's the issue of whether the White Sword giving you Strikes Last effects your spellcasting. RAW it seems like it does, so you'd be casting it at I5 on the charge which could be a problem if your target has a higher Initiative.
You could mount them on a frostheart phoenix instead. That'll let you go first on the charge at least.
TyrrenAzureblade

#20 Post by TyrrenAzureblade »

Halinn wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:41 am
You could mount them on a frostheart phoenix instead. That'll let you go first on the charge at least.
But then you're taking the Dragon Slaying Sword which is fine for trying to fish for Monster Slayer rolls against dragon lords, but not for much else. But if you're only concerned with that, then yep, you're right, throw 'em on a Phoenix with the Anointed of Asuryan Honour. And then you can put a Seed of Rebirth on the mage for some additional protection.
Houdini

#21 Post by Houdini »

I certainly want to venture back to the Chracian style list once I get my act together and get the Lion chariots put together. In particular I do want to test the Illusion Archmage!

A big concern of mine is also the effectiveness of the White Lions. After using Sword Masters and Dragon Princes the last two games, they are very useful in different situations.... Where as the Lions seem more situational to be useful. but I am up for testing every unit in our book so we will see.
Halinn

#22 Post by Halinn »

TyrrenAzureblade wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:22 am
Halinn wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:41 am

But then you're taking the Dragon Slaying Sword which is fine for trying to fish for Monster Slayer rolls against dragon lords, but not for much else. But if you're only concerned with that, then yep, you're right, throw 'em on a Phoenix with the Anointed of Asuryan Honour. And then you can put a Seed of Rebirth on the mage for some additional protection.
In spite of it having been pointed out multiple times, and me reading it in the book multiple times, I still keep forgetting that the White Sword is infantry and chariot only.
Houdini

#23 Post by Houdini »

It very obviously caught me out #-o at least it was only playing our first test game and never had an impact on the game.
Houdini

Re: 2000pts Battle Rep - Chracian Themed (Currently Far From It)

#24 Post by Houdini »

He everyone,

I wrote up a Battle Rep recently for one of my games. LINKY

this is the list I used:

++ Characters [751 pts] ++

Prince [491 pts]
- Full Plate Armor
- Star Dragon
- Dragon Helm
- Seed of Rebirth
- Giant Blade
- Charmed Shield
- Pure of Heart

Archmage [260 pts]
- Upgrade to Level 4
- Armour of Caledor
- Annulian Crystal
- Warden of Saphery

++ Core Units [501 pts] ++

- Shields
- Veteran
- Sea Master (champion)
- Standard Bearer
- Razor Standard
- Musician

5 Ellyrian Reavers [105 pts]
- Cavalry Spears
- Shortbows
- Scouts
- Skirmishes

5 Ellyrian Reavers [105 pts]
- Cavalry Spears
- Shortbows
- Skirmishes

++ Special Units [384 pts] ++

7 Swordmasters [148 pts]
- Drilled
- Bladelord
- Standard bearer
- Lion Standard
- Musician

5 Dragon Princes [236 pts]
- Drakemaster
- Standard bearer
- Rampaging Banner
- Musician

++ Rare Units [362 pts] ++

8 Sisters of Avelorn [157 pts]
- High Sister
- Ruby Ring of Ruin
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#25 Post by Prince of Spires »

Nice list. How did the 7 SM unit perform? I'm currently not yet sold on them.

Check out my plog

Houdini

#26 Post by Houdini »

The smaller unit of Sword Masters have been great. During this particular game I had to mostly hide them behind a hill though because the DE had way too much shooting.
Overall I find combat infantry very flat, they’re so slow it is very difficult to get them into combat. The general acceptance/FAQ on Drilled will play a big part in how usefully SMs will be in the future.
Houdini

Re: Chracian Themed Circling Back (BR soon)

#27 Post by Houdini »

G’day Ulthuan,

Finally I have made the pivot to the list I have wanted to try since the introduction of ToW. I have been trying to get my Lion chariots built and painted (with some time consuming modifications), however I decided to bite the bullet and get a friendly battle with this list using proxies for my Lion Chariots.
I have a BR for my first game with the list which I’ll write next week hopefully. I’ll also write all my thoughts and findings with the Chracian list. I will say It felt great to field a list without a flying monster, but further more a list that also had some tools to deal with the potential (highly likely) threat of facing monsters.
Anyway here is the slightly adjusted list from the one I originally posted, which was used in my upcoming BR.

++ Characters [929 pts] ++

Prince [371 pts]
- Full plate armour
- General
- Lion Chariot of Chrace
- The White Sword
- Dragon Helm
- Seed of Rebirth
- Chracian Hunter

Archmage [410 pts]
- Level 4 Wizard
- Lion Chariot of Chrace