BotWD question

Ask any rules specific questions here
Antheron

BotWD question

#1 Post by Antheron »

Hi guys.

I'm a member of the Bugman's Brewery Dwarf forum, as well as here. Apparently a young lad on there is playing an opponent (or group of, not sure) who is claiming that BotWD gives him immunity (or a 2+ save) to the Rune of Spellbreaking because, and I quote, the rune "attacks the wizard's brain."

A few of us have pointed out that this is nonsense, but the High Elf player(s) are saying that a Dwarf forum is bound to lie about High Elves so they still won't let him use the rune against their magic.

It seems like he's in a small gaming community, so can't really stop playing against them. So I thought I'd ask the community here to put this one right.
pk-ng

Re: BotWD question

#2 Post by pk-ng »

he's wrong
spellbreaking doesn't "attack the wizard's brain" it just automatically dispells the dice.
and it's if it's 2xspell breaking he forgets to spells
BotWD only works against WOUNDS caused my magical attacks, spells, damage etc... doesn't stop the spell from been dispelled or forgotten.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
Ceridan

#3 Post by Ceridan »

pk-ng wrote:he's wrong
spellbreaking doesn't "attack the wizard's brain" it just automatically dispells the dice.
and it's if it's 2xspell breaking he forgets to spells
BotWD only works against WOUNDS caused my magical attacks, spells, damage etc... doesn't stop the spell from been dispelled or forgotten.
What he said. Many of BotWD questions can be summarized in : "Does it cause wounds? If yes, 2++ save. If no, then no save"
Chracian

#4 Post by Chracian »

Dear god, the banner has enough bad press without making extra stuff up. What next? At the start of a game, make a 2+ save and your opponent has to take off any units that have magic items, any wizards and any units that cause magical attacks?
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
— Terry Pratchett
Antheron

#5 Post by Antheron »

I actually heard another one today. I was in a GW and two lads were playing Fantasy, one experienced and the other a new player. The experienced player was playing HEs and the new kid was playing Daemons. Turns out the HE player had told the kid that any Daemon in base contact with his BotWD unit took a wound on a 2+ and that he couldn't take any of his ward saves against that unit.

I was then told it was the kid's own fault for not knowing the rules.
wisetiger7

#6 Post by wisetiger7 »

Sumbitches need to be slapped. #-o

Seriously. Who does that?!?
thelordcal wrote:Or he uses his big a$$ banner pole as a great weapon...
wisetiger7 wrote:That's what she said.
Asurion Whitestar wrote:I would normally delete such an off topic post, but this is just too good. Classic..!! :)
Ceridan

#7 Post by Ceridan »

Antheron wrote:I actually heard another one today. I was in a GW and two lads were playing Fantasy, one experienced and the other a new player. The experienced player was playing HEs and the new kid was playing Daemons. Turns out the HE player had told the kid that any Daemon in base contact with his BotWD unit took a wound on a 2+ and that he couldn't take any of his ward saves against that unit.

I was then told it was the kid's own fault for not knowing the rules.

Dafu?! Seriously, someone should be slapped silly for this...

Well, I guess the new guy learned a valuable lesson here: Always ask to read the rules yourself if it sounds fishy