Thinking about Chaos Demons for my 40k Army, Thoughts?

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

alicetwasbrillig

Thinking about Chaos Demons for my 40k Army, Thoughts?

#1 Post by alicetwasbrillig »

I'm fairly new to the miniature game scene (been playing 3 years or so) and I haven't started playing 40k yet. I play High Elves in fantasy so I'm interested in playing something totally different for 40k. I really like the models for Chaos Demons and I also like that they are pure evil. My favorite models seem to be Tzeentch based. I really like the screamers and flaming chariot. Just looking for any advice or thoughts on playing Chaos Demons!
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

Re: Thinking about Chaos Demons for my 40k Army, Thoughts?

#2 Post by Domine Nox »

I really love chaos daemons in 40k. Fair warning though diving it it will be a lot of fun, but an uphill battle. Because most of your stuff is very awesome both in what it can do, and how it looks. But the enemy has these things called guns, which are a right royal nuisance until you find your stride.

I personally run mono Slaanesh at the moment, originally did a Tzeentch Slaanesh mix. If you want different as can be Daemons is the way to go, just don't let any initial stompings discourage you. And try to avoid the copy and paste internet cheese.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
alicetwasbrillig

#3 Post by alicetwasbrillig »

Yeah I did some research before picking Demons and pretty much all of the internet says I will lose a bunch. I'm okay with it though because I win pretty often with my High Elves so if I am getting discouraged I'll just battle a bit with them. I think the fun of the wacky models and crazy chaos magical nonsense will make up for getting shot to death most of the time at first :D
Facade19

#4 Post by Facade19 »

I think if you play a Slaanesh Tzeentch lineup you would have sufficient firepower to back your close combat killing machines. Alternatively you can run Tzeentch Khorne, but that would be heresy to fluff IMHO.