40k Rulesbook

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

daid13

40k Rulesbook

#1 Post by daid13 »

I have the rules from assult on black reach and the space marine codex published in 2009. Am I up to date with those or are there new ones now?

Thanks
Daid
LordAnubis

Re: 40k Rulesbook

#2 Post by LordAnubis »

Briefly - no, there are new versions of both. The game is currently on its 6th edition - for the rules, you have the choice of the main rulebook (£45), the rules-only hardback that GW recently released (£30) or the paperback from the Dark Vengeance set which you could probably find via eBay or some such site. The set itself is Dark Angels and Chaos Space Marines and costs £61.50 all told. As for Space Marines, there was a new codex released for them just this weekend, with all the usual new toys.

Hope that helps.
[img]http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc207/Veherzak/ChaosUndivided001.jpg[/img]
[b]Rezaile the Puppet Master[/b] - 30/8/6 - 340 kills
Herald of Oblivion
Lord of Twilight on the High Council of the Everchosen
High Prince of Yvresse
daid13

Re: 40k Rulesbook

#3 Post by daid13 »

Thanks looks like I won't be playing 40k until I've got some money then.