Friendly 1200 pt vs Lizardmen

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ulanth

Friendly 1200 pt vs Lizardmen

#1 Post by Ulanth »

Ok this is what I am thinking...

Archmage-Level 4 Staff of Solidity -280
Noble-BSB, Great Weapon, Armor of Destiny -168
Spearmen -15- Full Command, Standard of Discipline -175
Archers-10- Hawkeye, Musician -125
White LIons -17- Full Command, Banner of Swiftness, Gem of Courage -310
Lion Chariot -140

I don't know the lore I want, I can't decide between fire and metal (fire can help take apart those pesky camelions/terrodons) but metal can help with his saurus and any stegs.
Spearmen have that banner due to the fact they will be out of the insipiring ldr of general who is with archers. BSB will be with the WL giving them a stubborn ldr 9 re-rolls with one being done on 3d6 lowest 2.

Comments?
Bolt Thrower

Re: Friendly 1200 pt vs Lizardmen

#2 Post by Bolt Thrower »

Shadow. Many lizards have horrible initiative i.e. 1 or 2--basically anything that isn't a skink. Shadow has some great spells that cause initiative tests. Don't have the book in front of me, so I'm not sure how those test work against mounted monsters such as the ancient stegadon. In 7th it was the rider's initiative used, I think.

Get Pit of Shades off on a Slann and say goodbye.
Battle Standard Bearer. Don't leave home without it.
Bolt Thrower's High Elves
Eldareth

Re: Friendly 1200 pt vs Lizardmen

#3 Post by Eldareth »

I've played this game, 1200 vs Lizardmen.

This is the list I used.

AM lv 4, Anullian, Shadow.

Noble, BSB Armor of Caledor, GW,

Lothern Sea Guard, 15, Full Command.

Archers, 10, Musician.

Phoenix Guard, 10, Full Command. Banner of Sorcery

Dragon Princes, 6, Full Command.

Shadow lore breaks Lizardmen faces. I had Pit of Shades and a bunch of debuffs, and between Melkoth's Miasma, Withering, and the Pendulum, it went pretty well.

Dragon Princes charged into the flank of the Ancient Stegadon after I Withered it down to T4 and massacred it.

Phoenix Guard took only one casualty from a Miscast by the mage which hit them with a Large Blast thanks to 4+ ward.

Archers did pretty much diddly squat until I started Withering units down to T1-2.

The Archmage controlled the field. Between Anullian and the Banner of Sorcery, I always had a bunch of Power Dice and he rolled 1,2 a few times leaving me with more dispel dice than he had power dice.

Sea Guard held fairly well until they were charged by Saurus. They held for one turn then which was long enough to charge the Saurus flank with Dragon Princes. That ended them.

Skink Priest got sniped by the Pendulum. Temple Guard got 3-4 of them killed by a Poisonous Forest, then lost 3 more to Shades, then got charged by the Sea Guard and Princes which finished them off. Phoenix Guard took a charge from Saurus Riders, but they got Withered to T1 and were easily massacred.

All in all it went really well. I lost about half the Sea Guard, half the Princes, and 4 Phoenix Guard.