Friendly list 2250

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

mmirch54

Friendly list 2250

#1 Post by mmirch54 »

This is just a list derived from a similar one I played against Dwarves this afternoon, and wanted to get some opinions on it, is was a blast to play, and feel like it could be good with some tweaks even though it's not a power list.

Archmage- Staff of Solidity, 4x Powerstones
Mage- Level 2, Silver Wand, RIng of Fury, Elven Steed
Mage- Level 2, Seerstaff of Saphery
Mage- Level 2, Jewel of Dusk

10 Archers
10 Archers

Lion Chariot
Lion Chariot
Tiranoc Chariot
Tiranoc Chariot
10 Swordmasters- Standard Bearer, Banner of Sorcery
5 Ellyrian Reavers- Musician

Repeater Bolthrower
Repeater Bolthrower
Repeater Bolthrower
Repeater Bolthrower

2250 points

I like the archmage, he did well for himself generating 2 extra dice per turn for 4 turns, and I know he doesn't have improved spell selection, but he still is solid with 4 spells and for most of the game he can either throw a 3- and 4-dice spell per turn or can (as with my last game) throw a 2- and a 5-dice spell per turn with little fear of the miscasts.
pk-ng

Re: Friendly list 2250

#2 Post by pk-ng »

14 - 17 power dices in one magic phase is not a power list? the ETC retrictions are cap to 9. And even my AM list has only 10 - 12... You don't really need the PS if you have that may PDs unless you are trying to cast all your spells in one magic phase
4 RBTs...... 51 shots....
If at a tournament it'll be resumbit for sure...

but IF I can survive your magic phase it's a relatively easy army to beat.

No RnF and I'm going to assume you hide your SMs to make sure you keep your BoS. If you don't hide your SMs it's so bye bye to SMs by turn 2. You don't really have any bunkers for your mages. So I dunno how you hide or use them cause I would just shoot at that unit that has your mages and force a panic test....

You weakest will be fast combat armies. And anyone smart enough to shoot at your mages and at your SMs.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
Lord Anathir

#3 Post by Lord Anathir »

mmirch54 wrote:... even though it's not a power list.
:shock:

the current cap on most competitive tournaments is 2 rbt and 9 power dice total, including 1 dice per bound.
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"
dabber
Tactician

#4 Post by dabber »

That is about the most UNfriendly list you can make with the High Elf army book. Only including Teclis would make it worse.