Home page and library upgrades

Important game and board announcements and website or forum related topics

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Burning Sun
Fire and Faith

Home page and library upgrades

#1 Post by Burning Sun »

Two minor notes on upgrades to the library and home page (most pages outside the forums in fact)

Anywhere you see the two side menus you'll spot there's a new one that shows recently added articles to the library. The dates are the dates the various librarians have updated stuff, so you'll spot that they come in batches (the last batch being the 18th). The "by [x]" or comment underneath is whatever comment the librarian puts in that particular box. It's normally an author, sometimes a little information about the article.

The second thing (as a result of the first) is I've added a breadcrumb trail to the library and other pages. For those that don't know what a breadcrumb trail is, it's a series of links that lead you backwards through the site back towards the home page, and tell you where something is filed.

So, if you go to All things Mercenary by lorslimshady, you'll see at the top of the page (under the header):

Home » Great Library at Hoeth » Book of Warfare » General » All Things Mercenary

This means that All things mercenary is filed in the General section of the Book of Warfare of the Library. It's generally useful when following links from the new menu to find out where it sent you (The observant may note that the address of the page also shows this trail, but that's not the point).

So, that's what I've spent my evening doing.
[size=90]Ex-Loremaster, despite what some of the profile may say, I can't edit it any more. Contact one of the others for issues.

Whaia e koe ki te iti kahurangi; ki te tuohu koe, me maunga teitei - Maori Proverb
(Seek the treasure you value most dearly: if you bow your head, let it be to a lofty mountain)[/size]
Anarion
The White Lion

Re: Home page and library upgrades

#2 Post by Anarion »

I've noticed that there do seem to be a lot of the campaign fictions that are not in the library. It looks to me like at the very least everything from War of the Beard and most of Ulthuan in Flames is not there. I only see two for Sundering as well and I think there might have been more there too.

Is it on your (or the librarians) radar to get them all added?
Never moon a werewolf.
Burning Sun
Fire and Faith

#3 Post by Burning Sun »

It fell off the radar because I suspect none of us noticed that the old articles system has multiple pages for some of the sections.

I'd certainly not gone looking if you'd not asked.

I'll prod the librarians and make sure we do get everything eventually. Sadly there is a lot of stuff there, so it'll take a while.

(Oh how I'd love a word count of the library)
[size=90]Ex-Loremaster, despite what some of the profile may say, I can't edit it any more. Contact one of the others for issues.

Whaia e koe ki te iti kahurangi; ki te tuohu koe, me maunga teitei - Maori Proverb
(Seek the treasure you value most dearly: if you bow your head, let it be to a lofty mountain)[/size]
Malhandir's Feed
Librarian
Location: The grassy fields of Ellyrion (Utah, United States)

#4 Post by Malhandir's Feed »

When I find some time I will do it.

How much are you willing to give for a word count of the library, sun? :twisted:
[quote="Asurion Whitestar"]Thats me.....
..... semi-genius Asurion Whitestar![/quote]
Burning Sun
Fire and Faith

#5 Post by Burning Sun »

$1.72

Malhandir's Feed
Librarian
Location: The grassy fields of Ellyrion (Utah, United States)

#6 Post by Malhandir's Feed »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Privileges wise.

Just Kidding.
[quote="Asurion Whitestar"]Thats me.....
..... semi-genius Asurion Whitestar![/quote]
Burning Sun
Fire and Faith

#7 Post by Burning Sun »

I'll offer you the administrative title "Librarian", and a regular title of "Spends far too much time in the library" in return for a word count. Otherwise I'm not sure what I can offer. There's no openings for a Loremaster or Herald right now, and there are numerous reasons why you're restricted with your library account. You do however have the privilege of having a library account, something less than 1% of the members have, and not even all the Loremasters.

ION (as replying to Feed wasn't actually my reason for returning to this thread): I've added another new page to the library, this one indexing updates in date order. It occurred to me when I was replying to someone else that if we made more than 10 updates to the library the box on the front page wouldn't show that, and there was no longer list of that information (despite being fairly trivial to get out of the system). So I made one: http://www.ulthuan.net/library/updates.html. Also, the front page has been reduced to 5 updates and a link.