Missing gunline article?

Important game and board announcements and website or forum related topics

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

cyclotron

Missing gunline article?

#1 Post by cyclotron »

Hi guys.

Has anyone else noticed that "Chadamus Prime's Gun Line Strategies" and "Lord Natharia's Tactics On Beating Gunlines" are exactly the same article? Since the content of the article(s) is about beating gunlines, I think Chadamus Prime's article is the one thats lost.

Bit of a hole in the library there, hope it can be recovered!
Burning Sun
Fire and Faith

Re: Missing gunline article?

#2 Post by Burning Sun »

Cyclotron, you have just made me very, very happy. Not because you spotted an error, but because you've showed me that there is someone out there that reads the library and cares enough to point it out.

I've now edited in the original (and somewhat shorter) article for Natharia.
[size=90]Ex-Loremaster, despite what some of the profile may say, I can't edit it any more. Contact one of the others for issues.

Whaia e koe ki te iti kahurangi; ki te tuohu koe, me maunga teitei - Maori Proverb
(Seek the treasure you value most dearly: if you bow your head, let it be to a lofty mountain)[/size]
cyclotron

#3 Post by cyclotron »

I'm happy that you're happy!

Seriously I'm a proper McDonald's employee here (I'm lovin' it), I've read everything with 7th in the topic and reading others as they take my fancy. Its nice to see new ideas and see that stuff you've also thought of is considered the way to do things by others. I loved the "archmages and you" article (which needs to be in the main tactics section not buried in the forums I think ) and am happy I read about the RGoH w/ Beast lore spell 1 as a sneaky trick for my noble, will try that out.

Do you think it would be possible if everyone strictly wrote their stuff in terms of 1. the edition it applies to (and put the number in the topic) or 2. wrote it as a general guide? Then you could divide tactics into general and edition specific posts.

Thanks for posting that old article but did you mix them up since at the bottom of the Lord Natharia article it now says it is Chadamus's article...?
Last edited by cyclotron on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burning Sun
Fire and Faith

#4 Post by Burning Sun »

If there's stuff you think should be added to the library, post the link here, and I'll get one of the librarians to add it.

Getting format out of the tactics section is neither easy nor practical. Some later editing can be done, but it's up to the author, and 90% of the stuff written is being written by a member because they want to.

The reason Natheria's article links to Chadamus's, is.... well here's the original: http://www.ulthuan.net/archive/cms_view ... hp?aid=290 (Be careful, that's a link to the archived forums)
[size=90]Ex-Loremaster, despite what some of the profile may say, I can't edit it any more. Contact one of the others for issues.

Whaia e koe ki te iti kahurangi; ki te tuohu koe, me maunga teitei - Maori Proverb
(Seek the treasure you value most dearly: if you bow your head, let it be to a lofty mountain)[/size]
Malhandir's Feed
Librarian
Location: The grassy fields of Ellyrion (Utah, United States)

#5 Post by Malhandir's Feed »

Sun, you want this in the library?
[quote="Asurion Whitestar"]Thats me.....
..... semi-genius Asurion Whitestar![/quote]
Burning Sun
Fire and Faith

#6 Post by Burning Sun »

If you mean "archmages and you", yes please Feed.

Malhandir's Feed
Librarian

#7 Post by Malhandir's Feed »

Mission Accomplished, but I was talking about the article he was talking about...
Burning Sun
Fire and Faith

#8 Post by Burning Sun »

Malhandir's Feed
Librarian

#9 Post by Malhandir's Feed »

#-o I looked for them but couldn't find them... #-o