Facing daemons of Nurgle in WAP 2500 points

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Ramesesis

Facing daemons of Nurgle in WAP 2500 points

#1 Post by Ramesesis »

So it seems that my brave elves from Cothique will face new foe. Daemons of Nurgle.
Any input and advice is welcome!

At the moment I am planning to take this army. It is more or less what I have in the way of units at the moment.
Besides these I have a unit of 20 Seaguards and 10 warriors with two hand weapons. And an Eagle.

I have other character, among them a prince on griffon.

Characters
Loremaster of Hoeth (General)
Heavy armour & Great weapon
Items: Talisman of Preservation, Crown of Command 315 p

Noble Battle Standard bearer
Heavy armour, two hand weapons
Items: Golden Crown of Atrazar, Amulet of Light 129p

Mage lv2 - High magic
Annulian Crystal 170p

Annointed of Mathlann (Asuryan)
160p

Core
Spears of Mathlann -
29 Spearelves with Full command
Banner of Courage
359p

Waveriders
6 Silver helms with Full command
Banner of Ellyrion 187p

Mistnar wardens
12 Archers with Hawkeye & Musician
164p

Special
The ravenclaw
Repeater bolt thrower
60p

Scions of Chrace
20 White lions with Full command
(BSB goes here)
330p

Fury of Chrace
White lion chariot
110p

Sisters of the Annuli
10 Sisters of Avelorn with High Sister

Rare
Wardens of Mathlann
15 "Phoenix Guard" with Full command
(Annointed here)
Banner of Defiance
320p

2499 points total
Tethlis

Re: Facing daemons of Nurgle in WAP 2500 points

#2 Post by Tethlis »

Is the Amulet of Light a Warhammer Armies Project Item? I'm just making sure I have the most up-to-date version. If I remember correctly, that's the item that bestows Magical Attacks, I'm not sure those have a negative effect on Daemons anymore. Let me know if I'm wrong though.
Warden of Tor Galadh
Ramesesis

#3 Post by Ramesesis »

There is a specific book called Magic items that provide each race with a range of new items, among them Amulet of Light. It gives magical attacks to the hero and unit which is not of any use but it also forces the opponent to re-roll 6:s when taking ward saves.
Ramesesis

#4 Post by Ramesesis »

As I experiment about with stuff I realize that the Sword of Hoeth might be a great weapon for a fighting character.
Since the daemons of Nurgle have high toughness but no armour having your hits wound automatically is really useful.
Tethlis

#5 Post by Tethlis »

Ramesesis wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:26 pm There is a specific book called Magic items that provide each race with a range of new items, among them Amulet of Light. It gives magical attacks to the hero and unit which is not of any use but it also forces the opponent to re-roll 6:s when taking ward saves.
Very helpful! I overlooked this. It's wonderful to see some of the classic early-edition items come back. It also raises the power level and theme of our characters significantly... It's nice to have our characters feel powerful in combat and magic again. I felt like that was missing from the standard WAP High Elf book.

I agree too that this might be one of the few situations where Sword of Hoeth has good application. Very few Daemons are using heavy armor!
Warden of Tor Galadh
Ramesesis

#6 Post by Ramesesis »

I am considering trying out a prince on foot with the sword. My cavalry consists of a mere 6 Silver helms and they feel too few to have a prince riding with.
Another alternative is giving the sword to a Loremaster
Ramesesis

#7 Post by Ramesesis »

The battle was thight. I lost one of my mages on the first turn courtesy of Reign of Chaos, and later in the game I lost the second one to the same.

We played Dawn attack so we could not really place as we wished. But my opponent got a strong center while my line was strung out and my prince with his White lions ended up on my far right flank.

But in the end I won!
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#8 Post by Prince of Spires »

Congrats on the win. I think Dawn Attack is usually a tough scenario for HE, since we depend on synergy between units and a tight deployment so much. So well done in pulling it off.

I'm curious to hear how the prince + Sword preformed :)
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Ramesesis

#9 Post by Ramesesis »

The prince and his Sword paid off. He was last elf standing after he and his White lions went toe to toe with unit of plaguebearers, a match up that put the lions at a disadvantage.

Having collected himself he decided to take on the enemy general, a daemon prince. He cut it down in one round and earned the title Daemonslayer
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#10 Post by Prince of Spires »

Ramesesis wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:22 pm The prince and his Sword paid off. He was last elf standing after he and his White lions went toe to toe with unit of plaguebearers, a match up that put the lions at a disadvantage.

Having collected himself he decided to take on the enemy general, a daemon prince. He cut it down in one round and earned the title Daemonslayer
Nice! =D>

He definitely earned that title. That must have looked epic. I can just picture the deamon prince towering over a lone elven model.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.