Against the Vampire counts - Warhammer Armies Project

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Ramesesis

Against the Vampire counts - Warhammer Armies Project

#1 Post by Ramesesis »

So, finally a new date has been set for a new battle.

It will be against Vampire counts and my friend can basically field anything! I would love to have had a dragon or phoenix but no, I do not.
All in all I cannot add much besides what I already have which is presented in my earlier post.

But I have a painted prince on griffon.
Since there will be less missile fire I wonder if that coud be a good unit to field?

Any other suggestions?

Edit:
I downloaded the VC army book and dear Isha how cheap their core troops are! Base skellies 4 points and zombies 3 points!
He will easily outnumber me 3 to 1!

Alright, I got 20 stubborn white lions and.... where did I put that Crown of Command?
Ramesesis

Re: Against the Vampire counts - Warhammer Armies Project

#2 Post by Ramesesis »

One thing I am contemplatibg is make use of the fact that you can field elven warriors with two hand weapons in Warhammer Armies Project. Could be good slicing them zombies.
But so much work.
Aerendar Valandil

#3 Post by Aerendar Valandil »

They're dirt cheap too. For elves.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#4 Post by SpellArcher »

Ramesesis wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:30 pm But I have a painted prince on griffon.
Since there will be less missile fire I wonder if that coud be a good unit to field?
Sounds like he might be worth a go because as you note Ramesesis, VC's lack the shooting that is generally the griffon's bane. I'd watch out for Terrorgheists and souped up Vampire Lords.