Wood Elf List

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Wood Elf List

#1 Post by SpellArcher »

OK, so I have a tournament next month:

http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic ... 3&t=136723

Plan A is take my High Elves. I’m also considering dusting off these guys though:

Stag Lord, Ogre Blade, Charmed Shield, 4+ Ward
Lvl 3 Shadow, Shielding Scroll
BSB, Horse, 4+ Ward Armour, Great Weapon, Shield
Drycha

21 Eternal Guard, Shields, Full Command
10 Trueflight, Musician
10 Dryads

7 Sisters of the Thorn, Razor Std, Musician

6 Waywatchers
5 Waywatchers
Eagle

6 Treekin, Champion
14 Glade Guard, FC, Eternal Flame

At 255pts, Drycha is overpriced. She does though, allow D3 Forest Spirit units to ‘Ambush’ from woods. She’s also a Lvl 2 Shadow.

Thoughts?
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Wood Elf List

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

First thought is, no wild riders?

I'm a bit torn on the speed of the list. You do have a cavalry unit and the elves are very mobile, the cavalry unit probably wants to avoid a lot of combats. And they I'm not sure if the list is fast enough to take on high mobility lists. You do have enough ranges threats to make most stuff come to you. But is your combat potential then good enough to win the combats you get in to?

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Wood Elf List

#3 Post by SpellArcher »

Prince of Spires wrote: First thought is, no wild riders?
Very good point Rod! Unfortunately, I converted my unit into Silver Helms! WR’s are just awesome and I will really miss them.
Prince of Spires wrote:You do have a cavalry unit and the elves are very mobile, the cavalry unit probably wants to avoid a lot of combats.
The Stag Lord and BSB join the Sisters to make an effective little bus. Every model has a 4+ Ward and benefits from Razor Standard. The characters bring high strength attacks while the Sisters have ASF Poison. This unit has it’s limits but I’ve had it chew up Saurus characters for example.
Prince of Spires wrote:And they I'm not sure if the list is fast enough to take on high mobility lists.
This is a concern. I need the archery and Shadow magic to work properly and keep a lid on these. Waywatchers are very efficient but my lack of archer models is a bind.
Prince of Spires wrote:But is your combat potential then good enough to win the combats you get in to?
As said, the bus is respectable. But the Eternal Guard and Treekin really rely on Shadow performing. They are quite well suited to that job but if I Cascade my mage for example I’m in big trouble.