[6th Edition]

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: [6th Edition]

#121 Post by SpellArcher »

Cëloril Le'fer has started posting 7th edition batreps on his blog but with 6th edition army books. Well worth a look:

http://ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 8&start=60
elendor_f

#122 Post by elendor_f »

Update time!

I was intending to attend on 15th October the following event: https://www.facebook.com/events/8707525 ... 188764916/
It is a 6ed (extended to include 7 and 8ed units adapted to 6ed) tournament organized by an association of players close to Barcelona (the 3rd one they organize).

It was my intention to attend and I was really excited about it but unfortunately real life has got in the way a bit, I moved house in September which hasn't helped my painting and it is the last year of my thesis which has not helped my painting either :roll: .
So in the end I had to cancel :( .

So far there are 19 registered attendants and if somebody writes a nice battle report I'll try to post a translation here!

There is another tournament in preparation for 18th November also in Barcelona, I'll see if I can attend that one but it depends a bit on how this month goes.

If I can't make it at least I'll do my best to paint (I have 5 Silver Helms half-done and next are some Reavers) and attend a 6ed tournament next year!
"The general has this to say about ensuring against defeat when outnumbered, out–weaponed and outpositioned. It is... Don't Have a Battle."
"Sounds like a clever man," said Jenkins.
Terry Pratchett, Jingo!

Avatar: https://silmarillionproject.tumblr.com/
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#123 Post by SpellArcher »

elendor_f wrote:Update time!
Hi elendor!
elendor_f wrote:So in the end I had to cancel
:(
elendor_f wrote:So far there are 19 registered attendants and if somebody writes a nice battle report I'll try to post a translation here!
That would be great.
elendor_f wrote:I'll see if I can attend that one
Good luck!
elendor_f wrote:I'll do my best to paint
Bravo! It all sounds a bit like my 8th edition progress. After playing a couple of tournaments earlier this year, events in September and October (there’s another one but I can’t play it) fell through, though I’m hopeful for one in November.
elendor_f

#124 Post by elendor_f »

Long time no see!

I bring a 6th edition battle report between our traitor evil kin and our forest cousins done by some very crafty Polish gamers :D
I think it is very well written and the story and pictures give it a very White Dwarf (in the good sense) feeling!

Link: http://battle-reports.org/batrep-13/index.php

P.S. I found the link to the battle report in the Middlehammer Facebook group.
"The general has this to say about ensuring against defeat when outnumbered, out–weaponed and outpositioned. It is... Don't Have a Battle."
Terry Pratchett, Jingo!

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#125 Post by Prince of Spires »

That's a great battle report. Love the pictures and the story line woven into the report. A lot of things happening.

It wasn't really a white dwarf battle report though, since there were actually tactics involved and "real" army lists instead of pure fluffy ones.... ;) But apart from that I agree with you.
We both played well overall, but in a very gentlemanly manner and I think this is the way this game - or truly, any wargame - is meant to be played. In such circumstances, the joy of strategizing the most out of every move is much heightened.
This I very much agree with. It's a battle, and the point of it is to crush your opponent and kill as much of his stuff as possible. But it's also a game and meant to be fun. I would much rather lose a fun and gentlemanly battle then win a boring battle where I don't say more then 2 words against my opponent...
While I could not predict the moment when Knights fail their stupidity, I feel I could have moved them in a way that would better prepare them for such a mishap
Hope for the best, assume for the worst, as the saying goes.

I agree that if you have the option to play in a way that gives you some fallback options it's always better to do so. Going all in is something you should only do if either there is no other option or winning is almost certain. Otherwise you should always keep in mind that the dice gods have a funny sense of humour and tend to screw you over at the worst possible time.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
elendor_f

#126 Post by elendor_f »

Hi!

This is not strictly related to 6th edition, but I have started playing T9A with some local people! As far as I know most old Fantasy players in Belgium play T9A and now that the 2.0 edition seems stable (there is a small patch in May and Gold about the end of the year) I decided it would be a nice idea to play it, if only because that's the best way to get games!
I have played two games so far and I am liking it the ruleset. I am using a similar list to what I play in 6th edition:

(570) High Prince, Nova Flare (lance), dragonforged armour, shield, Diadem of Protection, elven horse

(515) Mage, Wizard Master, Cosmology, Book of Meladys, Talisman of the Void

(330) Commander, BSB, great weapon, longbow, Elu's Heartwood, Queen's Companion

(380) 25 Citizen Spears, champion, standard, musician

(280) 15 Citizen Archers, musician

(536) 9 Highborn Lancers, champion, standard, musician, War Banner of Ryma

(180) 5 Elein Reavers

(250) 5 Highborn Lancers, champion

(380) 5 Knights of Ryma, champion, musician

(582) 18 Sword Masters, champion, standard, musician, Navigator's Banner

(100) 1 Giant Eagle

(370) 2x1 Sea Guard Reaper

Total: 4493

The games were against experienced players, I was defeated but I learnt a lot and most importantly it was a lot of fun :)
I have another game tomorrow too!

For 6th edition I will keep playing it whenever I have the chance to go to Barcelona or Madrid, where the biggest groups are. Luckily for me, whenever I go back to visit my hometown I have to change from plane to train in either of those cities, so I have an excuse to stay for a day and play Warhammer :D
In October there is a big 6th edition event in Barcelona (we are expecting between 20 and 30 players), and I will definitely do my best to attend (I am waiting for the date to be confirmed).
Now the biggest challenge is to finish painting, I still have Reavers, Dragon Princes and 9 Silver Helms on the queue, plus two characters #-o

P.S. Picture of the deployment on today's game (my Eagle inspired by SpellArcher's icy colour scheme can be seen on the right :lol: ):
Terry Pratchett, Jingo!

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#127 Post by SpellArcher »

elendor_f wrote: I decided it would be a nice idea to play it, if only because that's the best way to get games!
Very practical elendor!
elendor_f wrote:In October there is a big 6th edition event in Barcelona (we are expecting between 20 and 30 players), and I will definitely do my best to attend (I am waiting for the date to be confirmed).
Bravo!
elendor_f wrote:deployment
Elves can't resist a weighted flank, can we?

:)
elendor_f wrote:Eagle
Looking good!
elendor_f

#128 Post by elendor_f »

SpellArcher wrote:
elendor_f wrote: I decided it would be a nice idea to play it, if only because that's the best way to get games!
Very practical elendor!
elendor_f wrote:deployment
Elves can't resist a weighted flank, can we?

Well I have to say that besides the practical aspect, I have only played 3 games but I am finding the T9A ruleset pretty solid.
I can see why some people miss the whackier rules or some cool customization options, but I am having fun for now :)
Since I didn't play 8th edition I can't compare both, and there is less overlap with 6th so I feel like playing two somewhat different games.

Indeed, weighted flank is our preciousss :lol:
Terry Pratchett, Jingo!

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#129 Post by Prince of Spires »

elendor_f wrote:Well I have to say that besides the practical aspect, I have only played 3 games but I am finding the T9A ruleset pretty solid.
They're getting to a decent place with the rules I think. A couple of things in there that I'm not a fan of. Though the same can be said for 8th ed WH of course. But all in all a good place to be in. I am wondering what their plan is to keep the game fresh. GW sort of had a 5 year release cycle for BRB, new releases of army books in that time and new models, either to go with the new army books, BRB or just because. There is now none of that. And more drastic rewrites of the rules are a lot tougher to do as a community then as a single company. I guess we'll find out at some point in the future.

I'm sticking to 8th for the moment. Simply because I know people who play 8th and I don't know people who play something else. And I have little time at present to try and meet new people. :)

Rod

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
RE.Lee

#130 Post by RE.Lee »

Those Necrosphinxes - nice!

One of the downsides of playing 6th would be missing out on several of the big new baddies. You could make up your own rules of course, but its not "real" 6th ed at that point, is it?

9th Age seems to be focusing on their tournaments, drifting away from what warhammer used to be... 8th ed for life! :wink:
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
elendor_f

#131 Post by elendor_f »

RE.Lee wrote:Those Necrosphinxes - nice!

One of the downsides of playing 6th would be missing out on several of the big new baddies. You could make up your own rules of course, but its not "real" 6th ed at that point, is it?

9th Age seems to be focusing on their tournaments, drifting away from what warhammer used to be... 8th ed for life! :wink:
I completely understand people wanting to play 8th (or any edition), after all I play 6th.
I've never played 8th, although I did read the whole Seredain's thread last year (he was a very entertaining writer) and I peek at your battles in your thread RE.Lee, and it looks like fun :)

T9A is in a weird spot because they indeed are focused on balance at the highest level, but their main arguments are that a balanced ruleset + army books lead to fun for casuals / less competitive players since no matter which army list you build (within reason) you have a chance to win, and that it is a good foundation to build fluffier extensions on, like campaigns or sieges.
Several people within the T9A forum have been requesting more Background and more narrative options, and this has been an important source of debate (also less fixation on absolute balance through restrictions).
I can't blame T9A because the project runs on volunteers and the balancing task is massive, so I understand if several iterations are needed.
Part of my current enthusiasm is of course due to being able to consistently play with my models for the first time in 11 years :lol: Just for that I like the project.

To partially answer your question Prince of Spires, the current plan of T9A is to freeze the core ruleset patches in October, then spend 2 or 3 years re-doing each army book. They have already re-done Warriors of the Dark Gods, and released an alternative Army Book called Asklanders (less focused on huge armoured fanatics and more on nordic barbarians). So their way to keep the game fresh would be to re-do the Army Books.
Then at the same time the idea is to release the Background to give life to the game, and some additions like Campaigns.
This is what I know from reading the forum at least.

Regarding 6th, actually there is a project in a Spanish blog (main contributor is in Barcelona, hence the bigger community of 6th ed players there) which is adapting the rules of every model released since 3rd to 8th to 6th edition rules (models with 6th edition rules are kept the same). For example for monsters they built some cost tables and validated them with the costs of 6th ed monsters, then they used them to adapt the cost of 8th monsters.
I am currently helping them with an annotated version of the 6th ruleset (in Spanish).
It is true that as you say it isn't pure 6th edition, but it's a compromise between liking the ruleset (lots of nostalgia involved, to be fair) and being able to play with models released later (or before, Lizardmen can have their human slaves as in 3rd edition 8) ).
If you are curious, the layout is nice, this is the High Elves compilation:
https://www.cargad.com/pdf/mdnr/MDNRAEGE.pdf
It does not have that many new entries (Phoenix, Merwyrm, a Core unit with hand weapon and shield from 3rd edition, the Dragon Mage, Sisters of Avelorn, and Lion Chariot I think).

P.S. Yesterday I won my first T9A battle after losing 3 in a row :lol: My opponent was very greedy with his Sorceror on Disk and my Dragon Princes could charge him in turn 1, and then I was successful in a kinda long range charge with my Spears which allowed me to Overrun into the Rear of his BSB on some big Monster (I don't know the 8th ed equivalent), which I had also charged with the Helms+Prince. To be fair he also rolled really poorly for most of the game (he failed like about all 4+ Ward saves he tried).
Terry Pratchett, Jingo!

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#132 Post by SpellArcher »

elendor_f wrote:I did read the whole Seredain's thread last year
Sound move elendor.
elendor_f wrote:Yesterday I won my first T9A battle after losing 3 in a row
=D>
elendor_f wrote:To be fair he also rolled really poorly for most of the game
Taking advantage of that is a skill in itself.
elendor_f

#133 Post by elendor_f »

So, the 6th edition event in Barcelona is confirmed! It will take place on 21st October.
Link to the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/519927878423014/ (they added the international part as a joke since a guy living in the UK and I are planning to attend :) ).

There are 68 seats (this is the maximum capacity of the place) and so far there are 14 registered players. I would not expect it to reach full capacity but hopefully we can get around 30 or 40 players (some people from a group in Madrid are planning to attend).

The event consists of 3 games, all using the same 2000 points army list:
- The first one is an adaptation of Blood and Glory with hidden deployment (players draw their deployment in a piece of paper and then hand it to the opponent).
- The second is Capture with diagonal deployment (16 inches separation between deployment zones instead of 24) and the three markers along the diagonal can be captured only by Core units (but not swarms or ratling guns or other units who are Core but not count towards the minimum number of Core units).
- The last one is the good old Pitched Battle.

I am registered already and I hope no unexpected event prevents me from attending :)
I have a list in mind and I will test it next week against one of the guys in Madrid since I'll be there visiting my family, and hopefully I'll make a battle report!
Terry Pratchett, Jingo!

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#134 Post by Prince of Spires »

Good times! It sounds like a great event, even if only 14 people show up.

Have fun! And let us know how it went and what you're bringing etc.

Check out my plog

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#135 Post by SpellArcher »

elendor_f wrote:players draw their deployment in a piece of paper and then hand it to the opponent).
This is always a recipe for fun!
elendor_f wrote:I have a list in mind and I will test it next week against one of the guys in Madrid since I'll be there visiting my family, and hopefully I'll make a battle report!
Looking forward to this!
Flame of the Asuryan

#136 Post by Flame of the Asuryan »

Long time, no see here!

Today, I finally got to play a good round of 6th Edition army books/7th Edition rule book. This combinations is really, really good. It really is fun. Some aspects are really good;

- No need to throw 60 dice for a single combat
- Incredibly fluffy army feel
- Fits my army models the most! (I always was a tin and 6th edition army purist!).
- Magic is just "normal"
- Units are weak, but that is exactly the point! Your opponent's are too!

I fielded a Prince on foot with a Sword of Hoeth (wound automatically) and armour of protection (LA, 4+ Ward save) and it was really nice against the Tomb Kings I faced. Always wanted to use the Sword of Hoeth, after 15 years of being into this hobby, finally got to do it!

Today was a really nice day to fill up a day in Rainy Rotterdam.

Within two weeks, my gf and I will do a 3500 battle of TK vs HE!!!

Greetings from the NL :D .

I just wanted to report this and let you know ;) .
-"Humans are the cruelest of animals" Friedrich Nietzsche -
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#137 Post by SpellArcher »

Flame of the Asuryan wrote:Long time, no see here!
Welcome back Flame!

Flame of the Asuryan wrote:6th Edition army books/7th Edition rule book
I think the 7th edition rulebook is generally regarded as pretty balanced. The 7th army books obviously aren't, so this makes a lot of sense.
Flame of the Asuryan wrote:Within two weeks, my gf and I will do a 3500 battle of TK vs HE!!!
We'd like to hear how this went please!
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#138 Post by Prince of Spires »

Welcome back indeed. Greetings back from the still rainy Netherlands.

I think 7th edition rules were pretty nice. Though I also like 8th ed. So maybe I'm just easy to please. Though for me it perhaps comes down to playing the game for fun first, and to win second. So I tend to miss out on the biggest, nastiest things WH has to offer.
Flame of the Asuryan wrote:- No need to throw 60 dice for a single combat
This always reminds me of this videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU2PiZ4jPQE, about a guy who ran an all gnoblar army shooting (not combat, I know) at a giant. And rolling 90 dice in the process. (and yes, a pure gnoblar army was not legal then either, but it is so underpowered most people didn't really care about that little detail).

Rod

Check out my plog

Flame of the Asuryan

#139 Post by Flame of the Asuryan »

Prince of Spires wrote:Welcome back indeed. Greetings back from the still rainy Netherlands.

I think 7th edition rules were pretty nice. Though I also like 8th ed. So maybe I'm just easy to please. Though for me it perhaps comes down to playing the game for fun first, and to win second. So I tend to miss out on the biggest, nastiest things WH has to offer.
Flame of the Asuryan wrote:- No need to throw 60 dice for a single combat
This always reminds me of this videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU2PiZ4jPQE, about a guy who ran an all gnoblar army shooting (not combat, I know) at a giant. And rolling 90 dice in the process. (and yes, a pure gnoblar army was not legal then either, but it is so underpowered most people didn't really care about that little detail).

Rod

Hahahaha, 90 dice XD . Yeah, that is nice. Good ol' Gnoblars.
I played 8 edition too. Once managed to get a 16" charge with Phoenix Guard as a last ditch effort.

You are Roderick right? I think we once played at (Gamers of the) West.

@SpellArcher. I will try not to forget to make some pictures of that one. I should be posting my list here, somewhere. In of those silent corners of the forum. Ironic, isn't it, that Ulthuan.net eventually meets the same fate as Ulthuan itself (as per warhammer lore).
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#140 Post by Prince of Spires »

I'm indeed Roderick, and we have faced each other in gamers of the west. A long time ago. I think we played a 7th edition game. I remember a star dragon with a 2+, 2+, 4++ lord on top being stuck in combat for a long time (but crucially surviving the game). Do they still play WH games at gamers of the west? It might just be getting time for a rematch ;)

Check out my plog

Flame of the Asuryan

#141 Post by Flame of the Asuryan »

Prince of Spires wrote:I'm indeed Roderick, and we have faced each other in gamers of the west. A long time ago. I think we played a 7th edition game. I remember a star dragon with a 2+, 2+, 4++ lord on top being stuck in combat for a long time (but crucially surviving the game). Do they still play WH games at gamers of the west? It might just be getting time for a rematch ;)
Not sure if GotW still offers the opportunity, but you are most welcome to test my domestic game-table.

I am very motivated to teach you how exactly discern the true descendants of Aenarion :P .
elendor_f

#142 Post by elendor_f »

Hi Flame of Asuryan! Glad to see that somebody else is playing 6th edition :)
Looking forward to the HE vs TK battle!
Terry Pratchett, Jingo!

Flame of the Asuryan

#143 Post by Flame of the Asuryan »

elendor_f wrote:Hi Flame of Asuryan! Glad to see that somebody else is playing 6th edition :)
Looking forward to the HE vs TK battle!
Yeah! 6th Rocks and is too nostalgic not to play. What makes it even better, every single model is 6th Edition :D . And so is the Tomb Kings army. I am not exactly sure when it is going to happen, but highly likely 2 weeks from now.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#144 Post by Prince of Spires »

Flame of the Asuryan wrote:Not sure if GotW still offers the opportunity, but you are most welcome to test my domestic game-table.
Sounds like a plan. we'll need to find a moment somewhere. Just probably not short term. Life and all that stuff getting in the way.

Rod

Check out my plog

Flame of the Asuryan

#145 Post by Flame of the Asuryan »

Prince of Spires wrote:
Flame of the Asuryan wrote:Not sure if GotW still offers the opportunity, but you are most welcome to test my domestic game-table.
Sounds like a plan. we'll need to find a moment somewhere. Just probably not short term. Life and all that stuff getting in the way.

Rod
:D . Should work in about 3 weeks from now.

Points?
System?

Currently I do prefer the 6th / 7th Edition menace, but if you wish to play 8th (reading through your posts) that should be fine as well! I only sold a single horde of White Lions.
elendor_f

#146 Post by elendor_f »

Hi!

I am getting ready for the 6th + adapted units event in Barcelona next Sunday 21st :D (https://www.facebook.com/events/519927878423014/)
There are 38 registered participants already ( :!: ) and 28 already paid and sent their army list, which is awesome :D

I have submitted my list already, which looks like this:

Archmage, level 4, Seer, Dispel Scroll, Ring of Fury, Jewel of Dusk
Noble, dragon armour, ithilmar barded steed, great weapon, Helm of Fortune, Guardian Phoenix, Pure of Heart
20 Spearelves, full command, War Banner
10 Archers
5 Silver Helms, standard bearer, musician, Banner of Ellyrion
5 Silver Helms
15 Swordmasters, full command, Lion Standard
5 Dragon Princes, standard bearer, Banner of Sorcery
5 Ellyrian Reavers, musician
2 RBTs
2 Eagles

I had planned to make a big (for 6th standards) unit of 9 Silver Helms but in the end I decided to run with the MSU cavalry with magic and shooting support and an infantry centre (which is also the models I have painted anyway :) ).
The Noble can go alone thanks to 2+ re-rerollable AS and 5+ Ward or he can join any of the heavy cavalry units (in case of enemy war machines for instance).
If I had the models I would think about substituting the Archers for Shadow Warriors or a Tiranoc Chariot. I am a little worried I put too many magic banners but at least Ellyrion and Sorcery give me important advantages (the tactical option to ignore difficult terrain and making my magic phase stronger), and Lion is to prevent autobreaks or annoying Terror checks. The War Banner is mostly there because I had the points, but static combat resolution is quite good in 6th since damage output is not as high as in other editions.

I plan to make a lot of pictures and 3 detailed battle reports when I get back.
Terry Pratchett, Jingo!

Flame of the Asuryan

#147 Post by Flame of the Asuryan »

elendor_f wrote:Hi!

I am getting ready for the 6th + adapted units event in Barcelona next Sunday 21st :D (https://www.facebook.com/events/519927878423014/)
There are 38 registered participants already ( :!: ) and 28 already paid and sent their army list, which is awesome :D

I have submitted my list already, which looks like this:

Archmage, level 4, Seer, Dispel Scroll, Ring of Fury, Jewel of Dusk
Noble, dragon armour, ithilmar barded steed, great weapon, Helm of Fortune, Guardian Phoenix, Pure of Heart
20 Spearelves, full command, War Banner
10 Archers
5 Silver Helms, standard bearer, musician, Banner of Ellyrion
5 Silver Helms
15 Swordmasters, full command, Lion Standard
5 Dragon Princes, standard bearer, Banner of Sorcery
5 Ellyrian Reavers, musician
2 RBTs
2 Eagles

I had planned to make a big (for 6th standards) unit of 9 Silver Helms but in the end I decided to run with the MSU cavalry with magic and shooting support and an infantry centre (which is also the models I have painted anyway :) ).
The Noble can go alone thanks to 2+ re-rerollable AS and 5+ Ward or he can join any of the heavy cavalry units (in case of enemy war machines for instance).
If I had the models I would think about substituting the Archers for Shadow Warriors or a Tiranoc Chariot. I am a little worried I put too many magic banners but at least Ellyrion and Sorcery give me important advantages (the tactical option to ignore difficult terrain and making my magic phase stronger), and Lion is to prevent autobreaks or annoying Terror checks. The War Banner is mostly there because I had the points, but static combat resolution is quite good in 6th since damage output is not as high as in other editions.

I plan to make a lot of pictures and 3 detailed battle reports when I get back.
Very good!

Why not paint a few archers in black and get your shadow warriors. If you are fielding Spears, why not beef those numbers up?
elendor_f

#148 Post by elendor_f »

It's a good idea, but I am trying to finish painting the Dragon Princes so I probably won't have time to paint some Archers as Shadow Warriors.

Regarding the Spears, I think 20 is a good number since they are 11p per model and the only benefit of ranks is the static combat resolution bonus. Since in 6th edition the ranks start counting at 4 models, if I lose 2 Spearelves in 5x4 I can reform to be 4x4+2 and still get the max. rank bonus until I lose another 3 spears (it helps that rank bonus is counted at the start of the combat round and not at the end like in 8th).
In any case I think at 11p it is too expensive to bump the spears to 24 :(
Terry Pratchett, Jingo!

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#149 Post by SpellArcher »

elendor_f wrote:There are 38 registered participants already ( ) and 28 already paid and sent their army list, which is awesome
Yes it is, get in elendor!
elendor_f wrote:I have submitted my list already, which looks like this:
Looks nice and balanced, you have some decent stuff without going for a real power list.
elendor_f wrote:I had planned to make a big (for 6th standards) unit of 9 Silver Helms
Would be interesting to see you try this sometime but MSU is certainly decent.
elendor_f wrote:I am a little worried I put too many magic banners
They look pretty functional to me, given the 6th edition units they’re on.
elendor_f wrote:I plan to make a lot of pictures and 3 detailed battle reports when I get back.
Yes please!
elendor_f wrote:Regarding the Spears, I think 20 is a good number
I agree, especially with War Banner. Autobreak could be an issue (so I could see 24) but they’re not that vulnerable.

So there are really going to be things like Skullcrushers running around?

:mrgreen:
elendor_f

#150 Post by elendor_f »

SpellArcher wrote:
elendor_f wrote:I had planned to make a big (for 6th standards) unit of 9 Silver Helms
Would be interesting to see you try this sometime but MSU is certainly decent.

So there are really going to be things like Skullcrushers running around?
:mrgreen:
Thanks SpellArcher! I don't get 6th ed games very often (T9A and AoS where I live) but I would like to try the Helm minibus. Perhaps with a Dragon since I got the Imrik model recently :)

Yeah, in order to adapt Monstrous Cavalry we looked at the only monstrous cavalry available in 6th which were 4 units in the Daemonic Legion list of the Storm of Chaos supplement (Bloodletters on Juggernauts, Daemonettes on Slaanesh beasts, Plaguebearers on Beasts of Nurgle and the flaming guys on Disks of Tzeentch).
The Skullscrusher is then basically a chaos knight on a juggernaut, which results in a combined profile (same as in SoC) with M7 WS5 T5 A3 3+AS, S6 on the charge due to lances and the Mark of Khorne (Frenzy and +1 Dispel dice) at 80p per model. Pretty nasty in combat but Frenzy is a big weakness which allows to chaff them very effectively. There are also no Stomps in 6th, so they are similar to 6th edition Dragon Ogres in terms of damage output (which is the best Monstruous Infantry in 6th in terms of damage).
Terry Pratchett, Jingo!