Kingdoms rules

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

Kingdoms rules

#1 Post by Elithmar »

I tried making kingdoms rules before and I thought it would be fun to have another go, now that it's up to us to make our own rules. I doubt these will ever get into the "official" 9th edition army book, but they might be fun for people to try out in friendly games. Some of the rules are probably as ambiguous as GW rules and I need some help getting the points costs right. I tried to look at magic items etc. to get an idea of points costs. Despite the issues with them, I think they offer a nice variety. At the moment I'm thinking Avelorn and Cothique are maybe too cheap. (EDIT: Increased the cost of Avelorn because it was ridiculously cheap before; EDIT: Decreased the magic items allowance increase for Eataine, as before you could essentially buy most of the other kingdom upgrades by taking the relevant magic item)

Kingdoms
Each Prince and Noble in a High Elf army has the option of coming from one of the ten kingdoms listed below, for the points cost given. Note that the cost of this upgrade counts towards the total points cost of the model and you may choose to have as many models as you like come from the same kingdom.

Eataine
Prince - Free
Noble - Free
The wealth of Eataine is such that its lords always possess the very best weapons and armour.

A Prince with this rule counts his allowance for magic items as being 25 points larger than normal. A Noble with this rule counts his allowance for magic items as being 15 points larger than normal. Note that all other restrictions apply as usual.

Avelorn
Prince - 30 points x the number of other models in the army with the same rule
Noble - 20 points x the number of other models in the army with the same rule
The court of the Everqueen is filled with lords and nobles, all vying with each other for the Everqueen’s favour.

A character with this rule has +1 Strength and +1 Attack for every friendly character with this rule in his unit, excluding the character himself. These bonuses are calculated at the start of each round of close combat and last until its end.

Caledor
Prince - 20 points
Noble - 10 points
Warriors of Caledor wear the finest suits of armour, forged by the priests of Vaul and impervious to fire.

A character with this rule wears Dragon Armour.

Ellyrion
Prince - 10 points
Noble - 5 points
The steeds of Ellyrion are bred to be the swiftest in the world.

If a character with this rule is mounted on an Elven Steed, he has the Fast Cavalry special rule.

Saphery
Prince - 30 points
Noble - 25 points
All Sapherians have some affinity to magic and this affords them some protection against magical attacks.

A character with this rule has Magic Resistance (2).

Tiranoc
Prince - 3 points
Noble - 2 points
The charioteers of Tiranoc are renowned for their ability to negotiate any terrain with ease.

If a character with this rule is mounted on a Tiranoc Chariot, he and his chariot have the Strider special rule.

Nagarythe
Prince - 10 points
Noble - 5 points
Nagarythe is a mysterious place and its inhabitants are masters of stealth and deception.

Models on foot only. A character with this rule has the Scout special rule.

Cothique
Prince - 25 points
Noble - 20 points
The waters around Cothique are teeming with monsters, providing ample practice for aspiring hunters.

A character with this rule has the Heroic Killing Blow special rule.

Chrace
Prince - 6 points
Noble - 4 points
All Chracian warriors must kill a white lion as a rite of passage and their pelts offer significant protection if worn.

A character with this rule wears a Lion Cloak.

Yvresse
Prince - 50 points
Noble - 50 points
The folk of Yvresse are grim and determined, never wavering, even in the midst of battle.

A character with this rule has the Stubborn special rule.
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor