Forum Rules - Read This First

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

Forum Rules - Read This First

#1 Post by Eldacar »

Welcome to the Tactics forum!

What is this forum about?

This forum is the place to be if you want to discuss tactics and strategems for the Warhammer Fantasy hobby, and in particular the High Elves. If you want to discuss the merits and disadvantages of a unit or race, for example, then this is the place to post.

Please note that Army Lists belong in the Army Lists forum.

Rules, requirements and requests
  • 1. When venturing through these forums, always remember that Warhammer is a game. Treat it as such when posting, but also when reading other posts. This means that there is to be no flaming or trolling of other people. If you feel that you are being flamed or insulted in some manner, then use the Report Post feature (the little ! in the top right hand corner of the offending post), and one of the Loremasters or Heralds will intervene if necessary. Note that time spent on the forum (and the number of posts accumulated) does not grant you immunity to anything.

1a. To define both trolling and flaming:

Trolling is classified as a post intended to offend and/or annoy another poster. Obviously, this is a fairly wide range, so it will be the Loremaster dealing with the problem who makes the decision on whether or not a post can be classified as trolling.

Flaming is classified as insults of other members of the forum. You may critique an argument, naturally (after all, debates are one of the reasons that this forum exists), but restrain yourself from attacking the person behind that argument. Debates are fine, but they should not degenerate into personal attacks.

2. Make sure the title of your post clearly reflects the content. A good title covers at least the type of thread (discussion, list, battle report) and the subject of the thread. "Phoenix Guard and Goblins" is a good title, while "Help me!" is not.

3. Don't post any rules. It's illegal and gets us into trouble. Don't tell anyone where to get them, either.

4. When responding to a question, ensure that the advice you give is clear, concise and most importantly reasoned. By this, I mean that if you tell somebody to use Silver Helms against infantry, then say why they should do that. Doing otherwise will hinder moreso than it will help. Posts that don't follow this guideline will likely be marked as lazy and thoughtless (deletion may follow soon after) - if you're not willing to expand and explain your reasoning, then don't give the advice in the first place.

5. With reference to the point about advice being clear and concise, ensure that you use a modicum of proper grammar and spelling. This way, your posts will be easier to understand and thus assist others in giving advice and opinions, be it about tactics, rumours or anything else that springs to mind.

6. In relation to point #5, do not attempt to reprimand or otherwise derail a thread by calling into question the spelling and grammar of posters. If you think that the post in question is bad enough that it is difficult to understand, then report it. However, also note that this is not an excuse to post like you are a five year old child.
"Hi guys, I just want to say that for some unknown reason I dreamed the entire Lore team was on my roof last night and we were barbequing a marlin while discussing some rand stuff. It was vivid enough for me that my mother had to wake me up to stop me from mumbling and twitching, believing I was having a nightmare." ~Giladis

"Think of the Loremasters as irresponsible parents. VictorK is the one you need to talk to if you want permission for something, I'm the evil parent that says 'no' and Eldacar is your grumpy grandfather who fought in some war and is scary and authoritative." ~Ruerl Khan

"And believe me, I like my websites like I like my boyfriends: wild, free, and unlikely to give me a virus." ~Sirist

[21:39:08] <Lethalis> Cenyu; I figured that with all the smoke that always seems to hang around you, you'd be used to it.
[21:39:49] <Cenyu> Bold words, flying Dutchman.