Quick Notice...Please read before posting

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Regulus
The Crusader

Quick Notice...Please read before posting

#1 Post by Regulus »

Welcome to the Asur.org Ideas forum!

What is this forum about?

This forum is the place to be if you have an idea for a new unit, a modification to an existing one, or a change in the rules of the game. It is also the forum where ideas for a High Elf revision may be posted.

Rules, requirements and requests
  • 1. When browsing, always remember that this forum in particular is intended to be a place where people can congregate and trade their ideas for developing units or modifying existing ones. This means that there is to be no flaming or trolling of other people merely because you might not like their ideas. If you feel that you are being flamed or insulted in some manner, then use the Report Post feature (the little ! in the top right hand corner of the offending post), and one of the Loremasters will intervene if necessary.

2. Make sure the title of your post clearly reflects the content. A good title covers at least the type of thread and the subject of the thread. ?Improving Special Characters? is a good title, while ?My idea? is not.

3. Don?t post any official rules. It?s illegal and gets us into trouble. Don?t tell anyone where to get them, either.

4. When responding to a post, ensure that the advice you give is clear, concise and most importantly reasoned. By this, I mean that if you tell somebody that his unit or character breaks with the background, is overpowered, or illegal, then say why you think it is. Doing otherwise will hinder moreso than it will help. Posts that don't follow this guideline will likely be marked as lazy and thoughtless (deletion may follow soon after) - if you're not willing to expand and explain your reasoning, then don't give the advice in the first place.

5. With reference to the point about advice being clear and concise, ensure that you use a modicum of proper grammar and spelling. This way, your posts will be easier to understand and thus assist others in giving advice and opinions on your ideas.

6. In relation to point #5, do not attempt to reprimand or otherwise derail a thread by calling into question the spelling and grammar of posters. If you think that the post in question is bad enough that it is difficult to understand, then report it. However, also note that this is not an excuse to post like you are a five year old child.

7. This is not a forum for ideas to modify the site itself. Direct such queries to the Website Topics forum.

8. You are entitled to your opinion that the army or current rules are fine if that is indeed your stance, but the point is that this isn't the "Status Quo is Great" forum, this is the "Ideas" forum, where new concepts are developed. This is the place for possible revisions to be developed, along with any other ideas that are related to Warhammer. If you don't like an idea here, be constructive and say why not, but don't start a thread just saying an idea here is a bad one! Just don't read their thread and ignore it.
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#2 Post by Eldacar »

Updated.
"Hi guys, I just want to say that for some unknown reason I dreamed the entire Lore team was on my roof last night and we were barbequing a marlin while discussing some rand stuff. It was vivid enough for me that my mother had to wake me up to stop me from mumbling and twitching, believing I was having a nightmare." ~Giladis

"Think of the Loremasters as irresponsible parents. VictorK is the one you need to talk to if you want permission for something, I'm the evil parent that says 'no' and Eldacar is your grumpy grandfather who fought in some war and is scary and authoritative." ~Ruerl Khan

"And believe me, I like my websites like I like my boyfriends: wild, free, and unlikely to give me a virus." ~Sirist

[21:39:08] <Lethalis> Cenyu; I figured that with all the smoke that always seems to hang around you, you'd be used to it.
[21:39:49] <Cenyu> Bold words, flying Dutchman.