Oathmark - Were hope can spring anew!

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ramesesis

Oathmark - Were hope can spring anew!

#1 Post by Ramesesis »

Hello! I realize it is more than two years since I last visited and it is scary. Many new names, few you recognize... Time has passed.

Anyway, after the End times I sort of gave up. Sure, played some games on Kings of War but it was not really the same.

However, this old Ent have come back to square based fantasy gaming thanks to the game system Oathmark.

If you have not already looked into it, I can heartily recommend you do. The setting is not late medieval renaissance but more Dark age/Tolkien. No gunpowder, not even crossbows.
But catapults are there and the elves use ballistas. I do think the author gave WHFB a nod there.

There are official minis but those are optional. You can use whatever minis you want. The base size are standardized to 25mm, 25×50mm, 50×50mm and 50×100mm. But this is usually solved using movement trays, so you do not have to rebase.

One thing that sets Oathmark apart is that you can mix races. Yes, I see some off you having trouble breathing but it can be very liberating.
What unit you have access depends on which territories your kingdom have. You can have 10 territories in total of which your first must be your capital.

You can run pure a elven kingdom, but elves are expensive so it will be demanding. But elves are disciplined and tend to do what they are told, so it mean you can get away with less characters.

Have anyone else discovered Oathmark?
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Oathmark - Were hope can spring anew!

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

Never heard of it before, but it sounds like a fun game. From the sound of it a bit more choices to make when building your list, which could be fun.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Ramesesis

#3 Post by Ramesesis »

It is more streamlined than WHFB but the limit on max 20 minis for an infantry unit and 10 for cavalry does away with deathstars and blobs. Units are five wide if you and max extra ranks are three.

Where it really shines is the kingdom building and in the campaign system. It is really made to be played as campaign were your kingdom evolves and your heroes can develop
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#4 Post by Prince of Spires »

That does sound like an awful lot of fun indeed. Some campaigning can add a lot of flavour to an army.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.