Blood Bowl Reissue Imminent

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

SpellArcher
Green Istari

Blood Bowl Reissue Imminent

#1 Post by SpellArcher »

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Bl ... l-2016-ENG

What do you guys make of this? I played the 3rd edition and loved it but lost touch since then really.
RE.Lee

Re: Blood Bowl Reissue Imminent

#2 Post by RE.Lee »

Oh, I'm getting all of it probably :lol: My wife liked BB: Team Manager from FFG, so maybe she'll play this, too. The prices are decent so far, wonder what the Star Players will be... Sad to see the Skaven Dice were, once again, limited edition.
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

Looks fun. I never player the original. So it would be fun to try it. I'll probably not get it though. Hobby time is limited, as is space and it's a bit on the expensive side for something I'll do once or twice. However, a friend of mine is a blood bowl fan (and like the recent computer game). I'll tip him off and he might get it. A nice way to still get to play ;)

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#4 Post by SpellArcher »

RE.Lee wrote:Sad to see the Skaven Dice were, once again, limited edition.
Sold out very quickly RE, didn't they?
Prince of Spires wrote:Looks fun. I never player the original. So it would be fun to try it. I'll probably not get it though. Hobby time is limited, as is space and it's a bit on the expensive side for something I'll do once or twice. However, a friend of mine is a blood bowl fan (and like the recent computer game). I'll tip him off and he might get it. A nice way to still get to play
One of the best games they ever made Rod, it's very addictive.
RE.Lee

#5 Post by RE.Lee »

Much like the ones they put out with ET:Thanquol. Luckily, I've got those, praise the Horned Rat!
cheers, Lee

Aerendar Valandil

#6 Post by Aerendar Valandil »

Played it to pieces about 1--15 years ago. Great game, although if you play regularly in a league setting you must keep playing or lose it. 'Knowing' your team really helps, especially at higher levels. I havent seen the new rules yet, but the league rules of the 'Living Rulebook' this version seems to be based on is quite well resistant to long leagues.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#7 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Blood Bowl is a fantastic game. And easily the most "tactical" and thoughtful GW release of all time.

I think we've decided (for now) to stick with the old edition. But if the new one is good, and the tournements move to it we'll likely make the move too.

The one thing that really does disappoint me is the size increase. It's not even the minis that bug me really (though size creep has been killing me), but the board. It already takes up enough space on a table. Increasing that does not help, and I can't see where it really adds anything to gameplay.
RE.Lee

#8 Post by RE.Lee »

Shannar, Sealord wrote:The one thing that really does disappoint me is the size increase. It's not even the minis that bug me really (though size creep has been killing me), but the board. It already takes up enough space on a table. Increasing that does not help, and I can't see where it really adds anything to gameplay.
Its probably to keep people from using old edition teams. The enormous size of GW games is a big problem - one of the main reasons I don't play Space Hulk as much as I would want to. I'd maybe even buy Dreadfleet if it fitted on a regular table.
cheers, Lee