Local Wargaming Society

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Andrew_uk

Local Wargaming Society

#1 Post by Andrew_uk »

Had a great day at Grimsby Wargames Society Open Day; played 2 Wargames, 1 Boardgame and 1 CCG and placed 1st overall :)

I now get my name engraved on this Trophy and get this glass to keep. Roll on Finchley Games Club next Sunday!!

Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Local Wargaming Society

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Bravo Andrew!

=D>

An elf of many talents.
Andrew_uk

#3 Post by Andrew_uk »

For those confused by me saying Grimsby and Finchley in the same sentence... Well, I used to live in North London and then moved back up north to be closer to family and my girlfriend. Next weekend I'm going back down to visit!!

If there are any other Londoners on here I'd just like to make a shameless plug and say that Finchley Games club is amazing and really well attended - closest tube stop is Woodside Park. Next Sunday is one of their all day events so you get more bang for your buck!!

In the more unlikely event that there's any Lincolnshire people online I'd also like to make a shameless plug for Grimsby Wargames society; they actually own the premises so it's a really dedicated space for gaming. 1 18foot Wargames table, then 1 table that is 8ft by 4ft and 3 tables that are 6ft by 4ft. The variety and quality of the scenery and modular boards is really top quality top. It's well attended and has different nights for boardgames, cardgames, role playing, historical wargaming (how the club started), warhammer and other more new fangled tabletop games.
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#4 Post by Prince of Spires »

Congrats on the win. Wargames, boardgames and a CCG in one day sounds like a great day. And getting a glass to keep is always a nice bonus :)
Andrew_uk wrote:If there are any other Londoners on here I'd just like to make a shameless plug and say that Finchley Games club is amazing and really well attended - closest tube stop is Woodside Park. Next Sunday is one of their all day events so you get more bang for your buck!!
In the more unlikely event that there's any Lincolnshire people online I'd also like to make a shameless plug for Grimsby Wargames society; they
Perhaps we should start a list of gaming clubs/venues people attend. It's always nice to run into some 'familiar' people. And I can always use more gaming opportunities.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.