Realms beyond the gates

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Realms beyond the gates

#1 Post by Prince of Spires »

The elven prince stood on the quarterdeck of his eagleship looking back. He could see the smoke rising over Lothern. Several Druchii galleys lay between him and the great port city. Non of them pursued him. They were likely too busy trying to force their way into the cities harbour even as their infantry stood at Lotherns gates. Their deamon allies began yet another charge, burning everything as they ran.

Ulthuan was in flames, though the prince was certain she would endure. She was the eternal empire, the everkingdom. She might burn, but she would not fall. She had faced bigger challenges and endured. This time would be no different.

Ahead of the ship lay the portal. His mages had informed him that they led to new realms, new homes. As the ship drew closer he saw uncharted waters ahead. New adventures awaited. The prince cast one look back at Ulthuan. It remained home, and he would return.

Welcome to the realms beyond the gates.

With the release of Age of Sigmar and the death of Warhammer (at least as far as Games-Workshop creating the rules go) a lot of people are venturing out of the Games Workshop universe and are discovering a whole new world out there.

We, the Loremasters and Heralds, are making the same steps and see the need to evolve beyond Games Workshop. We want to offer a home to all things Elven in wargaming and offer a place where our members can discuss new games with familiar faces. In time, systems will rise and fall. Some new game will become dominant and if it does we will adapt. This forum is the first step in that direction. This is the place to discuss playing elves (and other races!) in other gaming systems, like Kings of War. In this forum, we hope to be able to offer a home to all people who love elves and playing tabletop wargames. And, if some game does rise to the top, we will adapt further.

Ulthuan shall never fall

The loremasters.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: Realms beyond the gates

#2 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I have elves for the Hobbit, Middle-Earth is another realm right?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

Yeah, they count. Elves is elves. And Middle Earth counts as another realm. Or rather, the original one to me. Those elves started my love of fantasy. Even though don't own any of the models. I'd love to give the game a go. It looks like a great skirmish game. Much better then AoS. I do have the book lying around somewhere, courtesy of some book purchase on ebay...

Rod

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#4 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

It's an amazing system mate, I have Galadhrim and some High Elves. The wood elves are painted, and I need to paint up Elrond and friends before our Hobbit tournament in November.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#5 Post by SpellArcher »

Prince of Spires wrote:We want to offer a home to all things Elven
Tempted to get my Elfquest rulebook out!

:)
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#6 Post by Prince of Spires »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:It's an amazing system mate, I have Galadhrim and some High Elves. The wood elves are painted, and I need to paint up Elrond and friends before our Hobbit tournament in November.
I have had a look at it in the past already, and it looks like great fun. Slightly bigger in size then Mordheim as far as games go. But with still more focus on individual models then in WH.

Never got around to it because there always was a next WH project waiting (and technically still is...) and there are limited opponents for it here. But with recent developments I'll have another look at it I think. The models are great too. I prefer a lot of them over WH ones. They have a bit more realism to them.

@SA: why not. The more the merrier ;)

Rod

Check out my plog

Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#7 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

SpellArcher wrote:
Prince of Spires wrote:We want to offer a home to all things Elven
Tempted to get my Elfquest rulebook out!

Haha. I haven't touched anything elfquest related in years. I'm sure it's all in a box somewhere. Probably the parents attic.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#8 Post by SpellArcher »

What I loved about Elfquest was that the characters did all the traditional comic fantasy things, wild magic, sex, bloody fighting but looked cutesy doing it.