Chumphammer's Daughters of Khaine Blog - Glory to Hellebron!

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
wamphyri101

Re: Wamphyri101's Road to LVO2020 - Daughters of Khaine

#61 Post by wamphyri101 »

Prince of Spires wrote:I'm not sure giving your army the initiative is a smart move... Well played.

It looks great by the way. The battle field looks epic. I really like what they did with the terrain tiles with embedding the symbols in them.
Funny thing with this list is I want to go 1st. Means I get max effect with the Comet. Especially if I get the double

Comet comes down, hits everything in 10" for 1-3 MW. Casters are also at -1. Since it doesnt move, means if I go 2nd, it will hit them again at the beginning of the battle round (5" for 1-D3 MW)

If I get the double, I just try and dispel it and cast it again :)
Twitter: @chumphammer
Old WFB coming to give AoS a real try for a while.
wamphyri101

#62 Post by wamphyri101 »

Prince of Spires wrote:I'm not sure giving your army the initiative is a smart move... Well played.

It looks great by the way. The battle field looks epic. I really like what they did with the terrain tiles with embedding the symbols in them.
yeah the GW boards look cool, but can be a pain as the dice tilt in the cracks and models just slide down hills. Most of their scenery is 40k or a bit of a pain (great looking forests but the trees dont move)

As we got knife to the heart, we decided to just have the two buildings and put the center icon as the objective

So been looking at my last points again.

I want my army to be able to do stuff in every phase. Atm I have 3 spells to cast (mainly MR and Comet) and 3 dispels/ 1 auto

Shooting is where I was lacking, hence the raptors.

So, ideas I am looking at for 170points are:

1: Stick with 3 Raptors (170pts)
Sniping out what the comet wounds

2: 2nd Knight-Incantor with Dais (140+30pts)
2nd Auto dispel. 2+ reroll if on a disk with Mystic shield. Gives me 5 dispels if disc up. 12” flying can help throw him in useful places and gives me another caster for comet

3: 3 Scourgerider chariots (150pts)
More shooting support, fast and lots of wounds. Downside is that’s lots of wound to feed slaanesh and they are not as accurate as the raptors

4: 10 Shadow Warriors (110pts) and Gemnids (60pts)
10 2+/3+ rend 1 can be pretty good if I can deploy them early in cover. Helps with sniping and warmachines with rise in cities. Gemnids is a great endless spell, but wondering if something else would be better

but now I am wondering if I really need the 1st doomfire warlocks. They are mainly there to (bar being fast and holding obj)

1: dispel comet so the knight can recast it
2: Doom bolt something for D6
3: reduce LD of a unit by 1-D3 for Mindrazor works (depending if I actually cast MR and roll an 8 to cast vs LD10)

So would I be better to drop the 2nd unit to and just take a Sorceress for 90pts for the 3rd dispel/cast and dispelling comet, leaving 240 to play with, then what do I get with that 240pts lol
wamphyri101

#63 Post by wamphyri101 »

Faced against Ossiarch Bonereapers against last night.

We placed shifting objectives

He had:

Petrifex Elite

Arkhan the Black
Arcane command, empower nadirite weapon, Protection of nagash, reinforce battle-shields, drain mortality, mortal contract

Katakros (Big leader guy)

Mortisan Soulreaper – General
Mighty Archaeossian
Godbone Armour
Protection of Nagash

3 x 10 Mortek Guard

Mortek Crawler

Immortis Guard

The burning head

Balewind Vortex

Purple sun of Shyish

Umbral Spellportal

Main Obj Right flank
OB turn 1:

He went first, moving up to catch all objectives while moving the bulk forces into the middle. Magic saw a spell portal and purple sun get dumped in front of my Witch Aelves (WE) and Sisters of Slaughter (sos).

Shooting saw the crawler take 4 wounds off the Cauldron.

DOK Turn 1:

Witch brew went on SOS and Blood sisters (BS). I failed to cast Mindrazor (double 1, rolled to a 5) and Doom bolt (double 1…). I changed dice, and got 11 to cast Dais and then 7 to cast Comet but it was dispelled with Arkhans +2 to dispel.

Movement saw me pull the BS, cauldron, Medusa and SOS to the left and the warlocks, incantors and WE to the right.

Shooting saw the warlocks get 1 wound on Arkhan and everything else was out of range
Charging managed to get the warlocks into the flank of Arkhan (a mistake really), witch Aelves into the Mortek guard on the right. The snakes also went up the middle into the Immortis and clipping both units of Mortek guard. In middle/Right

Combat saw me lose 3 Witch Aelves, 3 Warlocks and 2 snakes, but took out half of both units of Morteks and the immortis out completely. DOK cap 4 pts.

Main Obj stayed on right flank and I won the roll off. Purple sun rolls high and clips the SOS, killing 5.

DoK Turn 2:

Mindrazor goes off onto the Snakes, comet goes off on the back field hitting most his army for 3MW, but he managed to do death saves on 2 wounds for both unit of Mortek guard and the Soulreaper. Catachism goes off on the snakes, and I put blessing on the cauldron (though snakes woulda been better with what came next) rune of khaine goes off on the hag and the cauldron woke up.

I put Mystic shield on the dais incantor from the warlocks and the 2nd incantor dispelled Purple Sun.

Moving up, I pull the WE out of combat and onto the Obj, and the Warlocks out to the right board edge.

Shooting saw the cauldron kill 1 mortek guard, and the warlocks fail to wound Arkhan. Combat, the cauldron failed to charge the Mortek to the left of the snakes, but the SOS got into the Mortek on the right, with the Dais Incantor and Hag joining them.

Snakes went 1st, piling into Katakros and the remaining center Mortek. They wiped out the Mortek and did took Katakros down to 5 wounds. He hit back with Arkhan, failing to wound the knight incantor. My SOS only managed to kill 1 Mortek (soooo tanky) for the cost of 3 of them back. Hag and Incantor did 3 wounds to arkhan. Katakros though, now in combat mode, killed 5 snakes, and that was me rolling well. Dok cap 4 pts.

OB Turn 2:

He cast predator but I shut down the rest of his magic with auto dispels bar Balewind vortek on the Soulreaper.

His healing got 6 wounds back on Katakros, fully heal Arkhan and bring back 6 Mortek on the right unit
Shooting saw him use the special shot on the Medusa (Roll 2d6 and use modifier. If equal to or greater than wounds its dead) and he rolled a 7 (-1 for wounds taken) and my general died. Yuk.

Combat saw Katakros only kill 2 snakes now his attacks were reduced, and the snakes took him off. Arkhan targeting and killed the hag (which I shouldn’t have put in combat but oh well) and 5 SOS from the Mortek. SOS only kill 1 mortek again…(facepalm) and the incantor only 1 wound on Arkhan.

He caps 1 point

Comet isn’t in 5” of anyone
Obj moves to middle

OB wins the turn

OB Turn 3:

Predator is recast (since its target was medusa and it was killed, so was dispelled) after my foot incantor. Protection goes on Arkhan and he heals up again/adds more mortek.

He moved the far left start to move over the middle, but rolled a 1 to run so didn’t make it far.

Shooting sees the catapult hit the snakes but failed to do much.

Combat saw Arkhan do 3 wounds on the incantor, and 4 sos killed. I killed 2 Mortrek and fail to wound Arkhan. He caps 1 pt

DOK turn 3:

I leave comet there, using the warlocks to dispel the predator. Both incantors get dispelled by Arkhan. Blessing and Witch Brew go onto the cauldron.

Movement sees the Cauldron move up to the left Mortek, and the snakes move on the crawler.

Shooting pips 2 mortek off from the Cauldron.

Combat sees the Cauldron take out the left Mortek, and the snakes the crawler. The dias then dies from the spirit hosts who roll 3 mortal wounds…

Combat sees 2 sos die for 0 mortek.

Cap 4 pts.

Obj stays in the center and DOK win the roll. We call it at this point, as he cant cap any points at this time to get enough points. I cap 4 again, with the cauldron and snakes going into whats left of the mortek and Soulreaper. Arkhan may get away this round, but hes then alone and down 16 – 7 on his turn 4.

Pictures:

So, Things went well (bar some silly moves) but I still felt I was missing the Slaughter queens free attack and just felt the warlocks are Meh for 160pts. I also don’t have anything to drop to threaten areas.

List 1 is a slight change, adding in 2 units of 5 heart renders for the cost of warlocks and Dais. Still gives me 3 casts/3 dispels.

List 2 is bit of a re write of the same format. Giving me only 2 casts and 3 dispels, but gives me an extra prayer and the SQ, as well as 1 unit of heartrenders to drop

List 3: Similar, but 1 knight incanter is now shadow warriors for deep strike, and a 2nd blood wrack medusa. Also general now on shrine

I think I wanna try list 2 next

List 1: 
Medusa - General, Devoted Disciples, Shadow Stone, Mindrazor

Knight Incantor

Knight Incantor

Hag Queen on Cauldron – Blessing of Khaine

Hag Queen – Catechism of Murder

30 Sisters of Slaughter – Shields

10 Witch Aelves – knives

20 Blood sisters

2 x 5 Heartrenders

Everblaze Comet

List 2:

Slaughter Queen – Devoted Disciples, Blessing of khaine

Medusa - Shadow Stone, Mindrazor

Knight Incantor

Hag Queen – Crimson Rejuvenation

10 Witch Aelves – knives

10 Witch Aelves – knives

20 Blood sisters

5 Heartrenders

Everblaze Comet

List 3:

Medusa on Bloodshrine - General, Devoted Disciples, Shadow Stone, Mindrazor

Knight Incantor

Bloodwrack Medusa - withering

Hag Queen on Cauldron – Blessing of Khaine

10 Witch Aelves – knives

20 Blood sisters

10 shadow warriors

Everblaze Comet
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#64 Post by SpellArcher »

I like the spell markers. The AoS range seems to have gone quite big on these?
wamphyri101

#65 Post by wamphyri101 »

SpellArcher wrote:I like the spell markers. The AoS range seems to have gone quite big on these?

Yeah, endless spells are pretty cool looking to have on the tables.

Some of the AOS stuff is massive, but normal stuff is still the same size
wamphyri101

#66 Post by wamphyri101 »

Been listening to "Realmslayer" - Gotrek audio book with Brian Blessed and makes me wanna look at him again lol

I like the idea of doing something that just takes people off guard and gives them nothing to aim their forces at combined.

So came up with this:

In other news, made another Gotrek/Morathi list just now, basically based on:

Morathi (Shroud of despair)
Gotrek
BloodWrack Medusa (General, Mindrazor, Shadowstone)
10 Blood Sisters
10 Blood Sisters
10 Witch Aelves (daggers)
10 Heart Renders

7 Drops, I can teleport 1 unit at the start of each of my turns anywhere 9" away from an enemy

So turn 1 Morathi transforms and flys into someones face. Gotrek runs up with his WE bubble support.

I teleport 10 blood sisters to the enemy flank or rear.

turn 2 I teleport the other 10 sisters and let chaos ensure.

I have 9" charge with reroll turn 1, and same turn 2 with rerolls of 1 for the snakes. (command point/dok ability)

I can drop the heart renders down at any point to try and assassinate a character, then teleport them again the next turn (as when they deploy they get +1 rend)

While all this is going on Gotreks get stuck in

For LVO it could work well. I have many ways to steal/grab obj early

I have two really hard to kill characters and 1 that just plain murders everything

The two blocks of snakes can hit really really hard and are kinda self sufficent (though will keep them within a hero for support)
wamphyri101

#67 Post by wamphyri101 »

Played Bone Daddies again last night (Getting as much training as I can vs them as we both test lists)

He had:

Petrifex Elite

Arkhan
Mortisan BoneShaper
Mortisan Soulmason (General)
3 x 20 Mortek Guard
2 x Mortek Crawlers
Mortek Shield Corps
Mortek Ballistari
Bone-Tithe Shrieker
Soul Shackles

I used a slightly different list:

Hag Narr
Sq cauldron – general, blessing, disciples
medusa, shadow stone, mindrazor
Knight Incantor
Hag – Catechism
Hag – Sacrament (totally forgot I had this prayer all game and never used it…duh)
30 Sos (bucklers)
10 WE (Knives)
10 WE (Knives)
30 Blood Sisters
5 Hearet renders
Everblaze comet

We played LVO2020 Scenario Blood and Glory

He went first due to number of drops:

OB Turn 1:

Most of his spells go off as my characters were out of range, putting the shriker between his warmachines for the buff and putting up buffs on his shield wall. He didn’t move, and shooting saw him target and kill 7 SoS (all characters were hiding behind terrain as per scenario special feature

DOK turn 1:
Mindrazor goes onto the BS, as does witchbrew. I fail comet, and I put the other wb on the SOS.

I run both units of WE up the flanks with the SOS pealing right and the BS heading left (cauldron center)

Shooting was out of range and no combat.

I won priority and look at pushing hard

DOK turn 2:

I fail all my spells and my buffs….balls. This puts me on a back foot, as I could still charge in, but the effect wouldn’t be great. I decide to hold back, and set up to take a charge and counter charge if needed.

No shooting as still out of range and no combat.

OB turn 2:

Shackles goes off to the side of the Mortek guard to block SOS side charging with the BS. A few more buffs go off. He moves his Units forward to act as a block to reduce the amount of models I could get to 6” of the point (I told him this was a good idea as I could have just swarmed both locations and got the auto win but outnumbering him)

Shooting sees 8 more SOS go down.

No combat, turn ends, he gets the double

OB Turn 3:

I shut down most of his magic with Incantor ability. He chooses to hold the line, and not charge me. I think this was a mistake, as he could have gotten 2 units into the snakes with min buffs, but hey ho.

Shooting sees him target the snakes and 2 go down.

DOK turn 3:

Mindrazor and +1 damage spell (realm one) goes off on the snakes. I fail Catachism but get blessing off on them also. I witch brew them up, as the remaining SOS, and put weapon buffs up on the hag near the SOS. Heartrenders drop down to the right of the crawlers
Shooting sees the cauldron and heart renders take out 3 Morteks

Combat sees the BS and Cauldron charge into the Morek guard, and the witches on the right charge the Mortek (with Sos piling in alter)

the left side WE fail to charge, and I forget the heartrenders (duh)

The snakes devastate the Mortak guard, taking both units down to 2-4 models. (they are hitting on 3+ with reroll, wounding on 3+ with reroll, Rend -2 and 2 damage…3 if my leadership would have been higher lol. Brutal combo) he only lived as he had 5+ reroll and 6+ deathless.

He attacks with the right unit of 20, killing 4 WE and 6 SOS.

Cauldron kills 1 mortek (failed to wound with the Avatar)

SOS/WE/Hag do 4 Wounds to the Mortek. Damn those 3+ reroll saves.

He gets a wound on the cauldron and round ends. I pass battle shock on the WE

We roll off and he wins and chooses to go

PImage

OB turn 4:

Nagash protection goes off an Arkhan. Cant remember the rest. He heals models to all his Mortek guard.

Arkhan charges the 10 WE on the left

Shooting sees the catapults take down 2 more snakes

Combat finds Arkhan kill 6 WE, The BS take out all the Mortek guard on that side. He kills the SOS and WE down to 1 model each…then Teleports Arkhan when he gets 1 wound on him from the remaining WE to the right back obj. We are now tied on Obj.

DOK turn 4: We call the game a draw on Obj and win for DOK on kill points at this point.

This turn I can kill both Crawlers, but I have to run my 3 remaining models on the right flank away from where they are or they die. They cant take either point before being killed by Arkhan.

I give him the points for them, but that’s only 510pts. I have killed everything bar Arkhan and 20 Mortek, which is around 1500pts.

So Minor Win to DOK

I wasnt as confident in this list. I never really got to use the SQ command ability, and with the Heartrenders having a low number of attacks, didnt want to throw them into the Crawler, as wounding it makes his snipe shot better.

I had a look again and I think I am going to try this one next week:

Hag Narr
Bloodwrack Shrine - General, Devoted Disciples, Shadow Stone, Mindrazor
Hag Queen on Cauldron (Blessing)
Hag Queen (Catechism)
Bloodwrack medusa (Shroud)
Knight Incantor
20 Blood Sisters
30 Sisters of Slaughter (Bucklers)
10 Witch Aelves (Knives)
10 Shadow Warriors
Everblaze Comet

So 9 drops, 3 Dispels, 3 casts

Shadow warriors give me a good number of models/shots/attacks to drop down and can do better at support character killing (especially if wounded by Comet)

Medusa on shrine is a lot more survivable, and the MW attack mixed with their own can be good. Gives me a bit more combat punch with that unit too. Will work well with Duality and Death scenario as I can put a alter on each point.

2nd medusa is I wanted more magic options and ability to dispel/cast the comet. Since I wanted the Shadow Warriors i couldnt have another ally. But I think the 2nd Blood Stare can be really useful and can really hurt with 2 of them going off
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#68 Post by Prince of Spires »

This list looks less aggressive and a bit more dependent on buffs / magic to really kick-ass. It's not as in your face as the previous lists.

Still, it's hard to spot any obvious mistakes you made. Where do you think you could have acted differently to get the win?

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
wamphyri101

#69 Post by wamphyri101 »

Prince of Spires wrote:This list looks less aggressive and a bit more dependent on buffs / magic to really kick-ass. It's not as in your face as the previous lists.

Still, it's hard to spot any obvious mistakes you made. Where do you think you could have acted differently to get the win?

Rod
Yeah, it felt a lot more reliant on each other and I didnt enjoy it as much as the other lists. I also dont think 5 Heart Renders alone are worth it, 10 or 2x5 sure but 5...not really unless just using them to take a lone unattended Objective

Hopefully trying the bloodwrack shrine list on Wednesday

What would I done different? Probably pushed the turn I got the double, even without the buffs. I didnt realise you needed all the objectives to win. Or have more than your opponant for a minor win

With wasting a turn, I lost a turn actually doing something useful

I also learnt something I totally didnt think about at the weekend lol. Which is why am I not, in my turn, retreating from combat with my SOS then piling in again when they are ready to fight in the combat phase. Oups.
wamphyri101

#70 Post by wamphyri101 »

Played my 4th game vs Bone Reapers on Wednesday (different player this time)

He had:

Pentifax elite

Katakros
Arkhan the black
40 Mortek guard
20 Mortek guard
10 Mortek Guard
3 Necropolis stalkers
Cogs

Scenario: Blood and Glory

Set up:

basically, I won start of turn 3. Bottom of turn 1 I ran my sos to one obj, popped my shadow warriors on another, Incantor had 1 and the snakes ran from combat to catch the other (forming a wall blocking him from 2)

My double snakes then popped 14 morteks with their stare (fuck yeah) and the shadow warriors and caudron took 3 more. I won turn 3 and that was it over
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#71 Post by Prince of Spires »

wamphyri101 wrote: basically, I won start of turn 3. Bottom of turn 1 I ran my sos to one obj, popped my shadow warriors on another, Incantor had 1 and the snakes ran from combat to catch the other (forming a wall blocking him from 2)

My double snakes then popped 14 morteks with their stare (fuck yeah) and the shadow warriors and caudron took 3 more. I won turn 3 and that was it over
That's just brutal.

Of course, your opponents list seems pretty one-dimensional. So as long as Mortek guard are not an issue for your list you've got very little to fear from his list.

I wouldn't know where to start against your deployment. It's so bunched up that it's hard to decide on a target. And your list is so mobile that from this pile of models you can go anywhere. It's a great way to start, as long as you're not against a list that can drop a large template on their heads.

Rod

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
wamphyri101

#72 Post by wamphyri101 »

Played my first game of the new year today vs Stormcast

He had:

Anvils of Heldenhammer
Lord Arcanum (General, deathly aura, soultheif, terrifying aspect)

Lord Castellant

Lord Ordinator

Knight Vexillor (pennant)

10 Evocators with staves and terrifying aspect

5 Evocators with celestial blades

3 x 5 Sequitors with mauls and shileds (3 with greatmaces)

3 x Celestar Ballista

Extra command point

We played star strike.

He only put down the Arcanum, Castellant, sequitors and Vexillor

I let him go first which totally put him on the back foot. He was aiming for me to run forwards so he can drop the stuff behind me and attack on two fronts. He didn’t really get any spells off and shuffled his sequitors a little forward. What he did do, stupidly, was drop his Ordinator down with the ballistas, within charge range of both snakes and witchelves. He thought he could drop them and take enough of my stuff off but ended up killing 2 snakes.

In my Turn, I got all the buffs off on the snakes (Mindrazor, Catachism, witchbrew and Blessing) dropped a comet down, doing a decent number of wounds to everything he had on the board.

Snakes then charged in and took the dropped stuff off.

I won the double, forgot to dispel the comet but just continued to move forwards In a defensive line. My WE ran to grp the middle obj.

Snakes (only WB and blessing as failed others) and SOS charged into his Sequitor line. Snakes wiped out everything and SOS put the Sequitors down to 3. I cap 2VP

His turn 2 he ran his heroes away from combat, dropped down the 10 Evocators with them, and used the banner to teleport the sequitors to take on my WE holding the Obj.

He managed the charge with the Sequitors, but failed the one with the evocators (even with reroll) which really screwed him. He knocked my WE to 1 person and took the point to cap 2VP.

Again, sadly for him, I got Obj to stop his double.

Fully buffed the snakes again and pushed them forwards with the Shrine and Cauldron, while the SOS headed back for the OBJ that just dropped. The shadow warriors popped up withing 6 of the back Obj and in range of the Sequitors. They shot off 2 (being in cover rocks on SW)

Foot Medusa ran over to try and support the WE.

Combat saw the Snakes wipe out his corner as he killed the last witch elf. I cap 3VP

We called the game there as he had 1 Sequitor on the table and 5 evocators in the sky, but there was no way he could get the VP. He could cap 3, maybe 6 this turn, but then he is wiped out, I grab 12 then 15 in 4 and 5.

Last edited by wamphyri101 on Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#73 Post by Prince of Spires »

That was brutal. He made a couple of mistakes and you fully punished him for it. Well done.
wamphyri101 wrote:I let him go first which totally put him on the back foot. He was aiming for me to run forwards so he can drop the stuff behind me and attack on two fronts.
It's never a good idea to count on your opponent doing something silly or not noticing your clever plan and devious scheme... He should have had a backup plan for when this plan didn't work out. At least a vague idea of what to do. It now read as if he hadn't considered the possibility of going first at all. And even if you had gone first you wouldn't necessarily move forward at full speed. Having a backup plan might have made his initial push less successful (since it inevitably involves some compromises). But now he was playing catch-up all game and you just kept taking little (or big) advantages left and right.

Check out my plog

wamphyri101

#74 Post by wamphyri101 »

yeah, totally. I would have dropped the ballista behind the Squeitors turn1 and just do 3 single shots at the Shrine, then drop the other stuff behind me turn 2 (or flanking if engaging)
wamphyri101

#75 Post by wamphyri101 »

Glad I got practice vs OBR!

LVO BCP Factions:

18: OBR
9: FEC, MAW
7: BOK, Ska, CoS, HoS
6: GGitz
5: ScE, FS, BigWaa, DOT
4: StD, IJ, Seph, DoK, Syln, NH, IDK, MoN
3: BoC, BSp
2: KO
1: LoG, SB, LoB, LoA, Disposessed

134/185
51 Missing faction on BCP
wamphyri101

#76 Post by wamphyri101 »

Army about ready for LVO!

1 week to go :)

Last edited by wamphyri101 on Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#77 Post by Prince of Spires »

That's one intimidating looking army. And the display piece is stunning. Very nice! Good luck with the tournament and let us know how it went.

Check out my plog

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#78 Post by SpellArcher »

Prince of Spires wrote:display piece is stunning.
I couldn’t agree more.

=D>
wamphyri101

#79 Post by wamphyri101 »

Rough overview of the LVO2020

Game 1: Calvin with Soulblight (Won 24-2)

Swift Death
Vampire lord on Zombie dragon, General, mist form, lance,shield, chalice, ethereal amuler, amethystine Pinons

Vampire lord
Flying Horror
amaranthine orb

Neferata – Mortach of blood
Vile Transference
10 Blood Knights
2 x 3 Varghiests
20 Bladesgheist revenants

Calvin held back his bladesheists, scared to charge my fully buffed SOS. Meant SOS took out the knights and Snakes took out his General.

His saving grace was Nef rolling the 6 after wounding the cauldron to kill it before she went down.

Game 2: Brandon with IDK (Won 20 - 5)
Ionrach
Akhelian King, General, polearm, emissary of the deep places, cloud of midnight

Isharann tidecaster, steed of tides

Isharann Tidecaster, Pressure of the deep

Gotrek

2 x 3 Ishlaen Guard
4 x 3 Morrsarr Guard

Chonomantic cogs

Made him go first. He ran forwards to hold points. I abused cogs and realm spell wildform and got a double 6 charge on the witch aelves to get into gotrek and get 2 wounds. Shadow warriors chipped 2 more then SOS killed him in combat turn 3.
Swarmed the points and took the win, but not enough for the major

Game 3: Josh with Fyreslayers (25-0)

Hermdar
Auric Runefather, general, Tyrant Slayer

Auric Runemaster, Ember storm

Auric Runesmiter, forge key, Prayer of ash

Battle Smith, The Nulisdian Icon

2 x 20 Hearthguard Berzerkers with poleaxes

15 Hearthguard Berzerkers with broadaxes

3 Gyrocopters

Lords of the lodge

Runic Fyrewall

He made me go first so I didn’t move bar a few inches on SOS. He did the same, nervous to engage as his army was split and mine was central. Managed to take out the gyrocopters with a Witch aelve charge and shadow warriors. Meant they did nothing. After he failed to cast run and charge, I piled into his right flank, snakes move right/center. Meant turn 4 he only had general, hero, 20 Hearthguard on is corner vs my whole army. I ran everything over and piled into him. Snakes with mindrazor and infernal blades just wiped him out.

Game 4: Joshua with Tempest Eye (18 – 9)

Leaders
Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage
- General - Trait: Hawk-eyed- Spell: Lore of Eagles - Celestial Visions
Battlemage- Spell: Lore of Eagles - Strike of Eagles - Mortal Realm: Chamon
Luminark of Hysh With White Battlemage - Spell: Lore of Eagles - Aura of Glory (Tempest's Eye Wizard)
Aether-Khemist
30 x Freeguild Handgunners
20 x Freeguild Handgunners
40 x Arkanaut Company - 12x Light Skyhooks
5 x Freeguild Outriders
Extra Command Point
Soulscream Bridge

Thought I was done for as he got the double. He used the bridge to jump everything up and in 2 rounds of shooting took out my Cauldron and 24 Sisters of Slaughter and 6 snakes. Ouch. However, Snakes and Medusa totally pulled it back into a win. Very tight game

Game 5: Philippe with Fyreslayers (25 – 0)

Hermdar
Auric Runefather, general, Tyrant Slayer, General, Warrior Indominate

Auric Runemaster, Ember storm

Auric Runesmiter on magmadroth, coal-heart ancient, Prayer of ash

Battle Smith, The Nulisdian Icon

3 x 20 Hearthguard Berzerkers with broadaxes

Lords of the lodge

Runic Fyrewall

All my prayers and spells worked out in this game, and I managed to make him push too much, meaning I could take out a unit at a time.

End of Day two I was 5th/168 on points and in the final 8:

I have some issues with the set up for game 6. It was a complete mess of organization and meant the players were told the mission from a random page in the book, and told time had started (using death clocks which no heads up was given)

This meant we had to get to tables (as half had been sent to wrong tables) and set up scenarios and army on the clock. Means I totally missed he had the soulscream bridge and let him go first as I thought I was out of range.

Game 6: Gregor with Skaven (Loss)

Greyseer on bell, general master of magic, Death Frenzy

Grey Seer, skitterleap

Warlock Engineer, vigordust injector, more more warp power

3 x 20 Clanrats with shields

40 plague monks, woe staves.

6 stormfiends, 2 windlaunchers, 2 ratling cannons, 1 doomflayer gauntlets, 1 shock gauntlets

Hell pit Abomination

Soulscream bridge
Prismatic Palisade

He rolled 30 for his rating guns turn 1 and killed all my sos. Launders killed 7 snakes (inc battle shock for both)

I managed to pull it back, taking his Abom to 1 wound, killing 24 Plague monks, his warlock engineers and half his clanrats. However, he was now up 10 – 6 by end of turn 3 (I also forgot a mind razor cast turn 2 and to move with aelves turn 1. Clock really put me off). I was down a hag, incantor, and both Shrine and Cauldron on full wounds.

If I had won priotiry, I could have killed the middle inc his seers and pulled a Win/Draw

If he won, I could pull a draw then kill points (which meant I could pull it as still lots of points left)

Sadly he won priority, then double 6 banishment my shrine to the back of the board. I called it there as I couldn’t pull it back.

All in all a great weekend. I aimed to get into the top 20 if I could, so I wasn’t down when I lost (actually had a laugh the last round with him)

I got into the top 14 painted, and not sure how many sports votes I got but ended up 7/168 and then I won best overall. Pretty damn happy.

Double Medusa was awesome. Really helped. Incantor was average, as was the comet. Mainly as 2 of the games Fyreslayers ignored on a 4+ lol.
10 Witchalves I kinda wish I had put shields on for the pot hit back damage.

New list has 1x20 and 1x10 Shadow warriors lol. Really useful unit.

I and switching back to a Slaughter queen for general as that command ability would have been great

Last edited by wamphyri101 on Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#80 Post by SpellArcher »

Hey, congratulations!

=D>
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Wamphyri101's Road to WetcoastGT - Daughters of Khaine

#81 Post by Prince of Spires »

Congrats. That sounds like a pretty epic tournament. I think you had some pretty good games in there. Sometimes the close ones are best, especially if your opponent is a great sports.

Any plans about what's next?

Check out my plog

wamphyri101

#82 Post by wamphyri101 »

Atm looking at maybe Rose City Wrath in end of March. Wasnt planning on it but my GF needs to head to portland in March and it means I can take her down and enjoy the event while she does her thing.

Then its WetCoastGT mid April.

I need to run another Gotrek list soon and try and get a high position for the Gotrek Glorious Gotrek competition

https://gotrek-glorious-gotrek.com/
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#83 Post by Prince of Spires »

wamphyri101 wrote:Atm looking at maybe Rose City Wrath in end of March. Wasnt planning on it but my GF needs to head to portland in March and it means I can take her down and enjoy the event while she does her thing.
Smart, getting in gaming disguised as a favour to your GF... =D>

:wink:

Let us know. I like following the preparation and tales of the tournaments :)

Check out my plog

wamphyri101

#84 Post by wamphyri101 »

Next Tournament is WetCoastGT (April and Local 40-50 player)

Maaaybe Rose city Wrath in Portland if I can swing it.

With the Gotrek event hotting up, I thought I am going to try him out again (but without Morathi this time)

List I tried last night was:

Hag Narr
Hag queen on cauldron: Blessing of khaine, general
Bloodwrack Shrine: Shadow stone, mindrazor
2 x 10 Sisters of slaughter
2 x 10 Witchaelves
20 Blood Sisters
Gotrek

Played Focal points and game ended top of turn 4 with is being 16 vs 12 to DOK.

I went first, fully buffed the snakes and moved to defensive position not pushing too hard. His saw him push hard forwards. I wont the initiative, but gave him the turn as I was fully buffed and wa happy to take the hit.

His Knights on the left get a 12inch charge and lap around the SOS to hit the cauldron, with warriors and manticore into the snakes/sos.

Long story short, Gortek got in range and between the snakes, Gotrek and Cauldron the entire left flank was dead in 2 rounds of combat. left his middle warriors and right knights, but the right knights got charged by 10 SOS with Mindrazor, and got hammered. 10 SOS killed 3 knights (he fluffed his saves badly) and only killed 2 SOS back. His dice were awful.

Game ended when the snakes just decimated the middle and Gortek was about to swing back into combat turn 4 so called it.

I wasnt 100 happy with the list. 2 units ended up not doing anything really. I thought about dropping 10 WE for 5 Blood stalkers to give me some ranged shooting, but I just still dont think its worth it. I also thought about talking just an avatar of khaine, but with only 1 hag it can be tough to get it going. Also with bad rolls then its not doing anything till turn 3.

So, I am going to try and go with this. It is 8 drops which is fine, and gives me a hag I can dedicate to being with the snakes, additional buff but mainly the command ability of the SQ

Hag Narr
Slaughter Queen on Cauldron of Blood - General, Blessing of khaine
Hag Queen - Catechism of Murder
BloodWrack Shrine - Shadow Stone, Mindazor
3 x 10 Sisters of Slaughter with Shields
20 Blood Sisters
Gortek Gurnisson
Last edited by wamphyri101 on Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#85 Post by Prince of Spires »

wamphyri101 wrote: 2 units ended up not doing anything really.
It already sounded like a pretty brutal battle, and then I came to this line. You decimated his army and did so with those 2 units not doing anything much. That's some crazy damage output.

As a (otherwise completely irrelevant) side-note, Gortek looks so small in between all those elves. You'd almost forget the pain he can dish out...

Rod

Check out my plog

wamphyri101

#86 Post by wamphyri101 »

Yeah, Gotrek throws out a lot of damage. I told him after the game I woulda wasted a whole turn redirecting my forces rather than charge into Gotrek area of threat.

But also, dok in general can throw out a lot of damage even if cut down. 2 games in LVO found me on the back foot turn 2, losing half my army to shooting. Both games my remaining units ate theirs in combat even though I thought I was dead

Especially blood sisters. They are ridiculous good.
wamphyri101

#87 Post by wamphyri101 »

Played my first game vs Nagash (and in OBR) last night

It was pretty brutal and I learned a lot from it

He had:

Petrifix Elite
Nagash
Leige-Kavalos (godbone armor, mighty Archaeossian)
3 x 10 Mortek Guard
4 Morghast Harbringers
Bone Tithe shrieker
Umbral Spellportal

I had:

Hag Narr
Slaughter queen on cauldron: Blessing of khaine, general
Bloodwrack Shrine: Shadow stone, mindrazor
Hag Queen: Catachism of murder
3 x 10 Sisters of slaughter with bucklers
20 Blood Sisters
Gotrek

Mission rolled was star strike

Mistakes I made:

1: I pushed too hard. He made me go first, and I won priority turn 1-2. I failed to get mindrazor and blessing off and should have held back, keeping obj, or charged my snakes into 10 mortek on the flank to take them out. But no, I ran straight into his center thinking I could break it and did 3 kills to 2 units...Damn those saves.

2: I charged the medusa into the liege. This was a mistake as it was a slap off, neither of us doing anything as he had a 2+ reroll 1 save. Urgh lol. The medusa would have been alot more useful where her MW output can actually take down his units not 1 w off a hero.

3: no pulling my SOS out of combat with the liege. If I had retreated them, I would have held a position for an extra 2 turns for VP while he was stuck with the medusa. I didnt, so he killed them making the point contested.

Things I didnt know that I do now:

1: Nagash heals 5 units for 3 damage at the beginning of each turn
2: Nagash gives his army rerolls of 1 for armour saves
3: the free scenery can give a unit no run/only 1d6 charge. this cripples Gotrek.

So game ended top of turn 4.

He had nagash on half wounds (stuck in combat with a fully buffed Slaughter queen) 2 x 10 Mortek on the back obj, his liege on 5 wounds and 1 morghast on 4 wounds in with the SQ as well.

I had SQ on 10 wounds, Medusa on 9 wounds, and Gotrek on 5 Wounds.

I got turn, Nagash gets 2 rounds of combat on him from SQ and dies/Gotrek gets there and kills stuff also. This caps me both points that were there and wipes out his characters. He keep his 1 obj with 2 mortek but them unable to contest the other 2 in time (or getting through a round vs Gotrek and the SQ)

If he doubles, I can still waste him in combat as still fully buffed, if I survive magic.

Sadly he got the double, and managed to hand of dust the SQ. This means I didnt have the bodies to take down what was left as he caps another double set of obj

Oh well. Lots of learning from that game!
wamphyri101

#88 Post by wamphyri101 »

So, ended up not being happy with the list for Rosecity Wrath in March. It just wasnt really working for me, and I cant really put my finger on it.

SO, ended up going close to the one I used for kippers, with swapping out some bodies for Snakes

Hag Narr
Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood: General, Gryph feather charm, blessing of khaine
Morathi, High Oracle of Khaine
3 x 10 Sisters of Slaughter (Bucklers)
10 Blood Sisters
Gotrek

Gives me the turn 1 threat of Morathi again to put the pressure on, while Gotrek and team run up the field

Meanwhile, I was looking over my idea list for mixed arms for wetcoast in April, and I have an epiphany lol

Tripple

Tower.....

Hag Narr
Slaughter Queen on Cauldron: General, Devoted Disciples, Blessing of khaine
Hag Queen: Crimson Rejuvination
Bloodwrack Medusa: Shadow Stone, Mindrazor
Bloodwrack Medusa: Shroud of despair
10 Sisters of Slaughter: Bladed Bucklers
10 Sisters of Slaughter: Bladed Bucklers
10 Witch Aelves: Bladed Bucklers
20 Blood Sisters
10 Shadow Warriors
3 Scourgerunner Chariots
Prismatic Palisades

So, 3 dispels, 2 casts.
10 Drops
SQ for Command ability and general support.
2 Hags...double stare...double bloodwrack shrine ability. This creates a death zone where its 2D3 Mortal wounds to every enemy in 7" and then their shooting attack.
battle line is to just cap obj and be a screen
Shadow warriors and chariots to give fire support and try and pick off support characters

Why Crimson over catachism? We have enough damage output. What I need is a way to keep the SQ in the game (or throw some snakes back)

Why Palisades? It can be great to block the movement of a big non fly thing (like an Abom/doomwheel as they have to go around it) but also can be used in front of a big slow shooting unit to reduce how many can shoot/maybe get the -1 to hit.

But yeah. Mainly excited about the damage potential vs OBR with double shrine lol
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#89 Post by Prince of Spires »

wamphyri101 wrote:It just wasnt really working for me, and I cant really put my finger on it.
Maybe the list was compromising a bit too much in area's. The lists you played in preparation went all out in a few area's (mainly movement and combat) and ignored the rest. The tournament list was maybe a bit more balanced. And as a result just played ever so slightly different.

And, triple tower FTW! I would love to see some pictures of that army. I bet it would look awesome in the table. And it must be so hard to play against. With all those big threats, what do you focus on as opponent...

Rod

Check out my plog

wamphyri101

#90 Post by wamphyri101 »

Wip Atm

Tripple Towers:

DOK shadow warriors: