Chumphammer's Daughters of Khaine Blog - Glory to Hellebron!

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Chumphammer's Daughters of Khaine Blog - Glory of Morathi-Khaine

#151 Post by SpellArcher »

Sounds like you were unlucky not to win slightly bigger Wamphyri. AoS definitely seems faster and more fluid than traditional Warhammer. Would you agree and if so is that simply down to the lack of blocks or to other factors?
wamphyri101

#152 Post by wamphyri101 »

SpellArcher wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:55 pm Sounds like you were unlucky not to win slightly bigger Wamphyri. AoS definitely seems faster and more fluid than traditional Warhammer. Would you agree and if so is that simply down to the lack of blocks or to other factors?
I think the big thing is movement. In WFB you had to wheel and stuff that takes time, and yeah but units that were difficult to maneuver
AOS you can move and charge 360 while changing formations if you want, so adds a lot more speed
Twitter: @chumphammer
Old WFB coming to give AoS a real try for a while.
wamphyri101

#153 Post by wamphyri101 »

Finished my DOK display for now. Too Bad Attack X just got cancelled due to covid restriction changes, but Kippers and Red Harvest are in Oct

Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#154 Post by Elithmar »

Wow, looks great! I love the avatar with the tail, the pool of blood… and Teclis’ cameo. :wink: =D>
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#155 Post by SpellArcher »

Stands out wonderfully.
wamphyri101

#156 Post by wamphyri101 »

Yeah I like it, better than the T pose other one. They work for Cauldrons but not for foot avatars.

Playing against Seraphon and Gortek Sunday ...eeek
wamphyri101

#157 Post by wamphyri101 »

Played a solid game on Sunday vs Seraphon and the angry ginger

Was a super close game of Tectonic interference and came down to 24vs22 to Seraphon (there was a rules thing that came up after that cost me a medusa which shouldn't have happened, but that's learning and its my 2nd game vs Seraphon)

He ran:

He got turn 1, and got a 6 for his Comet so all my heroes took a few wounds.

His stuff pushed up to clip the objs and gotrek used a CP to run to the middle. He used his shooting to target my right avatar to knock it down to 2 wounds.

In my turn my 1st spell was to miscast cogs but saved the wound. All other spells dispelled. I got a heal on the avatar to get it back into action and sacrament off to get them moving. Then catachism on the sos.

I moved up to threaten the center but have some blocks vs Gotrek. I took out his center screens while send the shadowstalkers to cap the right flank. Also put some wounds on his banner guy.

In my charge he shot off a medusa (rules mistake 1) and ran them back 4 (parting shot only works within 3" and on the unit that charged)

I cleared the right of the hero there but my sos fluffed vs the salamaders and lost over half back. (I think I rolled 1 6 on 20 attacks)

I won the double, and again rolled double 1 to get cogs off. Urgh. Didnt help he had +3 to dispel so again nothing cast. I also rolled 2x1 for my prayers, so nothing went off really by a heal.

I pushed around the flanks of Gotrek to not give him an easy charge on anything. He redeployed a few inches to get Gotrek a big safer (he needed a 9 at the time to get into much)

I finished off his banner guy and the salamanders finally, but in all the phase didnt really do much as my dice were just meh (yeah yeah excuses)

His turn he got some more spells off rolling 11's (with his + to cast i cant dispel) and cleared our my SQ and both medusa. with magic and shooting. Also putting 6W on the Shrine. I went to redeploy the WE to block off gotrek, but rolled the 1. Gotrek then got an 11 to charge (urgh) into my Stalkers, who got 1 MW hit and not other hits....

Combat saw Gotrek kill the hag queen but not do great vs the Stalkers, so I actually managed to kill enough to get them out of combat if I rolled the turn, which I did and took it

The rest of the game was me trying to kill his stuff while holding points and avoiding Gotrek. Game ended up with him having Gotrek, 1 summoned salamaner, 1 Priest and 4 Chameleon skinks and me with an Avatar and Hag on Cauldron. My avatar also failed a double 1 charge with a reroll to help clear skinks fasts at one point also, and the shadowstalkers failed a 4" charge into the chameleons.

I let gotrek kill to much, which happens when plans fail due to dice. If he hadnt have killed the Medusa that ability, it would have been onto his block of 30 with its shooting attack (with other in support) and made a lot more of a difference. Oh well, was a good game and he is a good player so looking forward to playing again

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#158 Post by SpellArcher »

That pesky Gotrek! Nice orange Salamanders too.
wamphyri101

#159 Post by wamphyri101 »

Ok, So tried my list out last night VS Archaon and Blades of Khorne. 

He Ran:
Reapers of Vengeance
Vendetta Grand Strat
Bloodthirsty Triumph

Bloodsecrator, General, Mage Eater, Skullshard Mantle
Slaughterpriest, Blood Sacrifice
Slaughterpriest, Resanguination
Archaon the Everchosen
Daemonprince, Crimson Crown
3 x 10 Blood Reavers
5 Chaos Knights
Warshrine
(10 Drops)

I was running:

We played Feral Foray and he made me go 1st

I set up pretty defensive in case he went 1st and went for a hard push, but not too much so Id screw myself.

Rounds Went:

Round 1: Dok (Ferocious Adv), completed, 4pts
Round 1: BoK Ferocious Adv), Failed, 2pts. (One of his slaughterpriests was part of the adv, I got him to 1W from shooting then he killed himself with a failed prayer trying to heal himself)

Round 2: DoK (Conquer) picking his far right obj. Took it and burned it for 6pts.
Round 2: Bok (Conquer) Picked his other side obj and reclaimed it from me as I had stole it also, 4pts

Round 3: BoK​ (Broken Ranks) 6pts
Round 3: DoK ( Aggressive Expansion) 6pts

Round 4: BoK (Savage Spearhead) 6pts
​​​​​​Round 4: DoK (Savage Spearhead) 6pts

Round 5: BoK (Slay The Warlord) 5pts
Round 5: DoK (Slay The Warlord) 5pts

I got my grand Strat but with killing Archaon he failed his, game ended 21 vs 30 to DoK

The game went alright, I concentrated on clearing his army and grabbing the objs when I could, raiding his when I could. I managed to buff an avatar which held Archaon up for a whole turn (I had heart of fury, Sacrament, Mystic shield, hagg buff, cauldron buff) on it and he got 2 wounds even with attacking twice. However he used blood tithe in his hero phase to attack again where none of my buffs were viable (bar shield) and it went down over that turn (took him attacking 3 times that turn just to kill him)

This gave me time to kill everything off by turn 4 bar some summoned blood letters, which went down turn 5 with Archaon

Archaon getting to pile in and attack again for 1cp is nuts lol. 

Wound markers are wounds taken

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#160 Post by SpellArcher »

wamphyri101 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:21 pm Archaon getting to pile in and attack again for 1cp is nuts lol.
So this guy is bad news and taking him down was a real result?
wamphyri101

#161 Post by wamphyri101 »

Archaon is one of the best heroes and "issues" of AOS atm

Gotrek/Morathi and Archaon are the big 3. Gotrek cause he is very hard to kill and he can be healed now and went down in points. Morathi is unkillable till bottom of Turn 2 (if lucky) and is just cheap for her points since you get her and the caster on the field at the same time. Gotrek should be 650pts and Morathi 800

Arhcaon is 800+ points but his issue is you can save stack him to a +2 AS even after rend, and he can have multiple sources of healing. So if you can actually get some wounds on him, he just heals up to 9 a turn (if dice rolls work) and he has 20 lol.

Hes a flying tank that can instakill heroes with his sword if he rolls a double 6 to wound (but cant instakill Gotrek or Morathi plus a few other things) and if you take him in Tzeentch then you can use fate dice for those 6's (if you roll them)

He has a lot of damage output also, and can attack multiple times depending on build.

1st time I played him he was on full wounds at the end of the game (he had lifeswarm too) but I killed his army and won on Objs. I didnt have enough left that could have probably killed him
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#162 Post by Prince of Spires »

That sounds pretty brutal. Maybe the only way to really deal with him is to kill the rest of the army while you keep Archaon busy and grab as many objectives as you can. It will probably depend on your opponent to make mistakes for it to work, but it's probably a better option than throwing models into the meatgrinder in an attempt to kill him. Is he flying as well? That would make pinninghim down even tougher.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
wamphyri101

#163 Post by wamphyri101 »

Prince of Spires wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:02 am That sounds pretty brutal. Maybe the only way to really deal with him is to kill the rest of the army while you keep Archaon busy and grab as many objectives as you can. It will probably depend on your opponent to make mistakes for it to work, but it's probably a better option than throwing models into the meatgrinder in an attempt to kill him. Is he flying as well? That would make pinninghim down even tougher.
Yup he flies too lol. He also has a 4+ shrud vs spells/endless spells which means if you did hit him with something there is a strong chance he ignores it.

Gotrek can kill him in a 1vs1 but an Archoan player should never let that happen

yes best option is try and just deal with his support heroes and then the army. If he isnt getting his support heals and buffs you can focus him down if you have enough left when everything else is dead
wamphyri101

#164 Post by wamphyri101 »

Won best overall at Kippers and went 4-1 with my non Morathi-Khaine list, losing to a seraphon kroak list that hit 90% of my army with 5D3 MW in 1 turn when he was losing to swing it back

..and I played vs Morathi-Khaine and the bow snakes game 4 and beat it ;)

Rough rundown

Game 1: double mawcrusher IJ (won)

Game 2: fec with giant (won)

Game 3: kroak 2 bastillodons, steg and engine (loss)

Game 4: Morathi & bow snakes (won)

Game 5: Archaon BoK (won)

So I have now succeeded from Morathi-Khaine and am following Hellebrone lol

Will post more report and pics when alive

wamphyri101

#165 Post by wamphyri101 »

Pics are up at @chumphammer

Game 1: Savage Gains

Player Name: Patrick

Allegiance: lronjawz
• Warclan: lronsunz
• Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Indomitable

LEADERS

Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (4S0r
•Gene,a/
•Command Trait Battle-lust
• So.ssChoppaand Rip-tooth (J.St
• Artefact: Amufet of Destiny
• MountTrait Fa.st'Un
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (480)"
•Bo.ssChoppaand Rip-tooth fi.st
• Artefact:  Destroyer

Orruk Warchanter (115}u
•Wa,teat:FM'   Seat
Orruk Warchanter (115}u
•Wa,teat:FM'   Seat

UNITS

10 x Orruk Ardboys (170}11
• 1 x Goti'amo,lca Sanner Bearers
• 1 x  Goti'amorkaGfyph Bearers

10 x Orruk Ardboys (170}11
• 1 x Goti'amo,lca Sanner Bearers
• 1 x  Goti'amorkaGfyph Bearers

5 x Om1k Brutes (160}11
• PW of  &vteChoppas
• 1 x Gore Chappa$

5 x Om1k Brutes (160}11
• PW of  &vteChoppas
• 1 x Gore Chappa$

3 x Om1k Gore-gn.intas (150}11
• Jagged Gore-hackas

CORE BATTALIONS

•Battle Regiment

"-Command Entourage• Magnificent ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
Artefact

TOTAL: 2000/2000     WOUNDS: 133

LEADERS: 416    BATTLELINES: 4 (3+)    BEHEMOTHS: 2/4    ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 2/1    ENDLESS 
SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 0/3    ALLIES: 0/400 REINFORCED UNITS: 2/4

He made me go 1st, so I buffed up and braced for the mawcrusher charge that never happened. Snipped a warchanter turn 1 and 2 with bowsnakes to stop buffs. Avatar and 10 WE went into left flank while 1 did the same on the right, with non general holding center with bowsnakes and 10 WE screen. Turn 3 got Curse off on 1 Mawcrusher and then Withering on the 2nd, then rolled the 6 for heart of fury. 24 WE attacks finished off the one with curse and Avatar/general took down the other after stalkers softend him up. He had 5 brutes and 10 Ardboyz left and i had lost 15 We 

Game 2: Feral Foray

Player Name: Tanner M.
List Name: Vampires and Friend Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand C-Ourt: C-Ourt of Delusion - The Feast Day
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Inspired
LEADERS

Abhorrant Archregent (245)'

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (445)*
- Artefad: Amulet of Destiny
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast

Crypt Infernal Courtier (130)*
- General
- Command Trait: Dark Acolyte - Deranged Transformation

Big Drogg Fort-Kicka (525)
-Allies

UNITS

10 x Crypt Ghouls (95)* 10 x Crypt Ghouls (95)* 10 x Crypt Ghouls (95)* 6 x Crypt Flayers (360)* 
CORE BATTALIONS
*Battle Regiment

He made me go 1st and failed to get heart up. Tried to kill the archregent to prevent summon but failed (got him to 1 wound)

His turn he got all spells off on his AGKORT (like +4A and stuff) and pushed into my face. Managed to kill it in return but it did damage. He got the double and did the same with the flayers but manage to hold. Then basically used my units to flank him, killing his smaller units while tanking the big stuff. Game ended turn 4 with Avatar x 2 and general charging into a withered Big Drogg (who was a bit of a failure all game really) and everything else was dead on his side

Game 3: Tectonic Interference

Player Name: Erik  Armstrong
List Na.me: Seraphon Thunder Lizards Allegiance: Seraphon
- Constellation: Thunder Lizard
- Grand Strategy: Dominating Presence

LEADERS

Stegadon with Skink Chief (305)"
• General
• Command Trait: Prime Wa,t,,e,a.st
• Artefact:  C.loak of Feathers
• Weapon: Skystreak Bow

Engine of the Gods (265)
• Artefact:  Fusil ofConflaguration
• UniversalPrayer ScripbJre: Curse

Lord Kroak (430)•
• Spell: Stellar Tempest

Skink Priest (80)•
• UniversalPrayer SclipbJre: Heal

Skink Priest (80)•
• UniversalPrayer SclipbJre: Heal

UNITS
5  x Saurus Guard {115)• 10  x Skinks (75)...,.
• Bo/tspftfers CelestifeOitgge.rs & Star Bucklers

10  x Skinks (75)...,.
• Bo/tspftfers CelestifeOitgge.rs & star Bucklers
10  x Skinks (75)...,.
• Bo/tspftfers CelestifeOitgge.rs & star Bucklers

BEHEMOTHS

Bastiladon with Solar Engine (235)" Bastiladon with Solar Engine (235)" CORE BATTALIONS
•Warlord

"Linebreaker

..-.Hunters of the Heart.lands ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
Artefact

TOTAL: 1970/2.000     WOUNDS: 108

LEADERS: 516   BATTLELINES: 4 (3+)    BEHEMOTHS: 4f4    ARTILLERY: 1/4 ARTEFACTS: 2/1    ENDLESS 
SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 0/3    ALLJES: 0/400

Erik is a stong player and club mate. He came 3rd, after losing the last game vs the 5-0 general winner 

He took turn 1, getting a 6 for comet call and did some wounds across the board. He focused shooting on 1 avatar and got him to 2 wounds, and killed some WE with skink shots. My turn 1 pushed to a solid position in case He got priority, and took some wounds onto a bastallidon to drop its silly save. I then got the double and went for it. Shadow stalkers got into his priest in the back line, killing one and getting one to 2 wounds. Army buffed pushed into his dinosaurs with 2 avatars and non general cauldron, with Heart/General in buff range, and WE screening. Did a good number of wounds across them with not a huge amount of stuff back. He was worried as id totally blocked the obj and was into him...however...

His turn he got all his spells off, doing another 6 units with comet (D3MW to each) then got Celestial deliverance 3 times (3 units take D3MW each time) AND then he rolled Lightning twice on engine of the gods....(every enermy within 12 takes D3MW on a 2+)....

This pretty much killed my whole army bar the shadowstalker champion, the medusa and 6We.

Medusa finished off a bastillidon and the stalker a priest, but that was it. 4-6D3MW across my whole army is brutal. Should have targetted the engine not bastillidon

Game 4: First Blood

List Name: Disciples  of the Spider Queen

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine
- Temple: Hagg Nar
- Morn>/ Realm: U/gu
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Une
LEADERS                                                                                             

The Shadow Queen(330)•                                                                              
Morathi-Khaine (330)- Loreof Shadows: Mindrazor
Bloodwrack Medusa (120)*"                                                                           
- Ger,e,a/
- Conmand Trait  Devoted Disciples
- Attefact:  The UJfuri
- Loreof Shadows: Mirror Dance

Hag Queen(105)•                                                                                     
-Attefact:  Iron  Cjrolef
- Prayer: Blessing of Khaine
15 x Blood Stalkers  (510)"                                                                         
20 x Witch Aelves (240)""                                                                           
 of Sacrificial Knives

10 x Witch Aelves (120)""                                                                           
 Sacrificial Knivesand BladeBucklers

5 x Khinerai lifetakers  (90)""                                                                     
5 x Doomfire Warlocks (140)""                                                                       

"Command Entourage - Magnificent ""Battle Regiment
ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS

Artefact
Was super pumped for this one as 1st DOK fight and wanted to beat Morathi and the snakes. I deployed out of 24 of the bowsnakes and he made me go 1st. I decided to go bold and teleported the medusas 9" from the middle of the 20WE screening the bowsnakes. My stalkers tried to snipe out his medusa but only for 3 in range and got 1w on her and used the other shots split between Morathi and the 20WE. This took the 3W off Morathi and left 4WE after shooting was done.

His turn he flew shadowqueen down to capture a point an charge my Stalkers. I redeployed them but not enough, and he got them into and killed them (all out attack/Triumph) but he also was touching the WE and within pile in of non general cauldron. This meant I piled in the WE onto the obj and held it, while my shrine did 3 more wounds. his 2 turns shooting took an avatar. His warlocks tried to take the top obj but ended up with same models as I had so failed to take it also. And I held the middle, so he only got his tactic. 

He won the double, and got his stalkers kinda wiffed. Morathi took 3 wounds for 4 on my cauldron(heart/general in buff range) mini Morathi killed a medusa. 

My turn I  pushed forwards, taking out all his witchaelves and moving to threaten the stalkers. Shadowstalkers went into his back to try and take the medusa but failed (down to 1w) and I killed off his warlocks. I got an arcane bolt stored into my remaining medusa. Cauldron did 1W on shadowqueen then I unleashed the bolt in my combat ohase start to finish her off. 

He won next round, did some wound son the avatar and medusa killed the shadowstalkers. Khinari had dropped onto the obj with cauldron to steal it, and that was really it. My turn I got into the bowsnakes after he redeployed not far enough and couldnt unleash hell, and the cauldron killed the khinari

Game 5: Power Struggle
Alex
Khorne/reapers of vengeance/ east master/Inspired 

Bloodstoker
Bloodthirster of unfettered fury/mage eater/general/amulet of Destiny
Slaughterpriest- killing frenzy
Archaon the everchosen
Daemonprince (skullshard mantle) mark of khorne

2 x 10 Blood reavers
10 Blood Warriors
BR/Warlord

This game went how I thought it would since I am 3-0 vs Archaon before this 

Basically tied Archaon up with killing avaters while i killed his army. turn 3 he just had BT and Archaon left for the cost of both Avatars and 10WE

non general hag/medusa killed the BT while my general ran from Achaon with a redeploy. 8 rounds of combat with Archaon during this game (he gets to fight twice a turn with Reapers) and he couldnt slayer of kings my general, who was heart buffed plus blessing. Turn 4 he conceeded as I had all obj for 2 turns now and he just had Archaon and was already behind on points. The nail in the coffin was getting curse off on him and still having both cauldrons/10 WE/8 Stalkers about to attack him

So all in all I played pretty solid. Wish Id been more prepared vs Seraphon but only so much you can do. I literally rolled the same number to dispel his spells that he rolled to cast, so all his spells just went off. 

Really good weekend though, some great pained armies, cool looking tables and great group of people
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Chumphammer's Daughters of Khaine Blog - Glory to Hellebron!

#166 Post by SpellArcher »

wamphyri101 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:00 pm Won best overall
=D>
wamphyri101 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:00 pm Game 2: fec
Please tell me your opponent was Irish.
wamphyri101 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:29 pm Really good weekend though, some great pained armies, cool looking tables and great group of people
Sounds awesome!
MasterOfNone

#167 Post by MasterOfNone »

Congratulations even though I have no idea of how AoS works.
Seeing how you have crushed almost all foes, I would not want to play you!
SpellArcher wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:14 pm
LOL
My painting blog

My WHFB armies:
High Elves
Dwarfs
Orcs and Goblins
wamphyri101

#168 Post by wamphyri101 »

SpellArcher wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:14 pm
wamphyri101 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:00 pm Won best overall
=D>
wamphyri101 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:29 pm Really good weekend though, some great pained armies, cool looking tables and great group of people
Sounds awesome!
Yeah he went by the name "Ted Crilly"
Older guy, funny smile, gray hair. Mentioned Mass a few times
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#169 Post by SpellArcher »

wamphyri101 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:14 pm Yeah he went by the name "Ted Crilly"
Older guy, funny smile, gray hair. Mentioned Mass a few times
Gone but not forgotten.
wamphyri101

#170 Post by wamphyri101 »

1st game back since Kippers as took a wee break while on Vacation and just general busy at work

play vs Matthias and a OBR list he is trying which was:

Mortis Praetorians
Katakros
Arch-Kavalos Zandtos
Liege-Kavalos
10 Deathriders
5 Death Riders
5 Death Riders
5 Death Riders
5 Death Riders
Battle Regiment
Hold the Line

Played Tectonic Interference

I just used my kippers list as ive written 5 other versions and none look as good as my current one

So he is 1 drop and went 1st. I knew he would probably Alpha me, so huggled a little in the corner and used my screens for cover. He generates a ton of discipline points, so basically his army has +3 mov, +1 to hit and AS, impact hits and +1A. Does a ton of damage if he wasnt facing HaggNar, which he was.

He got a little lucky as I failed to cast Sacrament turn 1 so my Avatars just stood there, and he got the 2nd turn so tried to push is advantage more but I managed to hold only losing all my witchaelves and my foot hag, but this then meant my turn 2, and I got the double, my avatars and Hags, plus Medusa/stalkers, just cleared through his army and had enough to charge into Katakros, getting him down to 2W and only 5 Death riders remaining (He would have been dead, but my general failed to charge in when I mirror danced her to a charge position

His list is interesting as hes trying to do OBR but not use Nagash. He discussed going with 2x10 death riders then 30 Motek Guard, as he can use the 10's to pin his opponent in their starting area while he reaps the objs, then when they finally clear through the riders the Motek guard are now in play
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#171 Post by Prince of Spires »

Not really related to anything, but I love the giant pile of dice in the bottom left corner of the first picture. Makes me want to pick 'em up and roll them. Not sure what it is about dice, but it's very satisfying to roll a million of them when attacking something. :)

Pretty quick game from the looks of it. You took a lot of damage, but not enough to swing the game to your opponent. Do you feel Nagash is a must for an OBR list?

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
wamphyri101

#172 Post by wamphyri101 »

Nagash supports the army well, I think he heals units, but its more their only real source or mortal wounds as he can spam Arcane bolt 8 times (Only him and Arkhan can do that) +3 to cast and dispel, so can contend with high magic armies as he has 8 unbinds, has the hand of dust instant kill spell, is solid in defense and combat (+1 AS in OBR if petrifix elite)

Hes very solid, but half your army
wamphyri101

#173 Post by wamphyri101 »

Some dok on idk action @SagaofDice with my not morathi list (and an intro dedicated to her lol)

https://youtu.be/gL4scS06484

Check out Lisa's awesome terrain for sale fully painted!
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/EchoCreates
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#174 Post by SpellArcher »

wamphyri101 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:58 pm Check out Lisa's awesome terrain for sale fully painted!
Loving the thatched cottage!
wamphyri101

#175 Post by wamphyri101 »

Hellebron is going to the Seattle Open Series!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... t/#Seattle

lists atm:

wamphyri101

#176 Post by wamphyri101 »

I tried the above 1st list the other day on my friends youtube channel. Ep was out today so if you wanna see my list vs dragons the link is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za59QrQQNgs&t=5s
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#177 Post by Prince of Spires »

I'll go check it out. The lists look fun enough. When is the tournament?

Check out my plog

wamphyri101

#178 Post by wamphyri101 »

Prince of Spires wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:48 pm I'll go check it out. The lists look fun enough. When is the tournament?
Got 2 coming up

1st is the Games workshop run Open Series thats coming to Seattle (so 3hrs away) on May 6th/7th

Came out of nowhere last week so its a 256 player (or as many as they get) event so gotta at least try it once and wanna encourage them to come back

So really not long to get some practice in since I am away Apr 15th - 25th at neotropolis (Cyberpunk festival/party)

Other one is a 30 player event in June 7th/8th in Bellingham

BC has teamed up to be part of the PNW masters which just launched so wanna try and get into that bracket
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#179 Post by SpellArcher »

wamphyri101 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:07 pm 256 player
Wow.
wamphyri101 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:07 pm I am away Apr 15th - 25th at neotropolis (Cyberpunk festival/party)
Sounds awesome!
wamphyri101 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:07 pm PNW masters which just launched so wanna try and get into that bracket
It'll happen Wamphyri. Class is permanent.
wamphyri101

#180 Post by wamphyri101 »

wamphyri101 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:07 pm I am away Apr 15th - 25th at neotropolis (Cyberpunk festival/party)
Yeah should be awesome, this is the webpage with a sample video from their test build.

https://www.neotropolis.com/
wamphyri101 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:07 pm PNW masters which just launched so wanna try and get into that bracket
It'll happen Wamphyri. Class is permanent.
[/quote]

Cheers my dude :)

Got two games in yesterday against two armies I havent played

1st was Sons of Behemat (Giants) which have been doing well in the system

It was a blood bath lol. He gave me 1st turn and then he got the double. I failed to get heart of fury up turn 1 which hurt when he hit me, but luckily I had buffed the blood sisters with mystic shield and Blessing of Khaine, so they took the brunt of the charge after the witch elf screen buckled (I redeployed them closer to the giants to block their charge vs my juicy stuff

Game then proceeded to be a grind down but ended bottom of 4 when I killed his last Mega Gargant. Ended 30 - 21

Game 2 was vs the new fyreslayers but rather than a normal list he had SIX MAGAMADROTHS!?!?

This game was brutal also, everything was dead by 1 magamadroth turn 5

again he made me go 1st and got the double. I had set up for it, with all my buffs off and overlapping, then the bloody heart of fury decided to roll the 6 and vanish at the end of turn! To make matters worse, he rolls a 6 also for his Rune of Awakened Steel and his whole army got +2 rend for the turn...This now meant his attacks were all Rend 3 and 4 which just tore through my Blood sisters, Witch Aevles, an avatar and some Shadowstalkers.

I managed to slowly pull it back but for every normal wound you do to them, on a 4+ you take a mortal wound. It was gross as my Slaughter queen downed his general but then he got 5MW back to finish her off.

Was a great learning game but man its a tough list (he got 3 games in that day and won all)

Tbh I wasn't sad about the loss as my dice, though average, really failed at some key moments while his did the opposite, so not much you can do bar laugh it off and take it as a learning experience