Chumphammer's Daughters of Khaine Blog - Glory to Hellebron!

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Chumphammer's Daughters of Khaine Blog - Glory to Hellebron!

#181 Post by SpellArcher »

wamphyri101 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:28 pm Yeah should be awesome, this is the webpage with a sample video from their test build.
That is wild! I've a lot of time for cyberpunk, Bladerunner 2049 a recent highpoint IMHO.
wamphyri101 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:28 pm It was a blood bath lol.
Yeah, looks like it. In both games the nice armies and terrain give a really good effect.
wamphyri101 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:28 pm SIX MAGAMADROTHS!?!?
I don't know what this is but it doesn't sound good.
wamphyri101 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:28 pm then the bloody heart of fury decided to roll the 6 and vanish at the end of turn! To make matters worse, he rolls a 6 also for his Rune of Awakened Steel
Not much you can do about that Wamphyri, as you say.
wamphyri101

#182 Post by wamphyri101 »

wamphyri101 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:28 pm SIX MAGAMADROTHS!?!?
I don't know what this is but it doesn't sound good.

This is a Magmadroth

Hero/Lord chocies for Fyreslayers
Twitter: @chumphammer
Old WFB coming to give AoS a real try for a while.
wamphyri101

#183 Post by wamphyri101 »

Been quiet for a bit as was on some trips, but back now and this weekend I am actually getting to a tournament!

GW are running an Open Series in Seattle so I am heading down with my DOK (same list pretty much as I used at kippers)

Will post when back!

I might even do some twitch videos while I am there (I dont usually do twitch videos) should be under chumphammer
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#184 Post by SpellArcher »

wamphyri101 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:32 pm I am actually getting to a tournament!
Kick some serious bottom for us.
wamphyri101

#185 Post by wamphyri101 »

Well I went 3-2. Lost by 1 pt game one was I made 2 stupid greedy choices when I should have played safe

lost game 4 as game ended turn 3 due to time, as my opponent played silly movement things with his 60 zombies/30 skeletons which ate up tons of time. We talked it out with the judges for the 5 rounds (as his army is about holding points as you cut through him and in 3 turns you cant do that) but doesnt work as well as it sound so he got the win.

Had a great weekend though, will try and do some pics when I am more alive

Not playing for a few months defiantly showed though.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#186 Post by SpellArcher »

wamphyri101 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:51 pm Had a great weekend though, will try and do some pics when I am more alive
Yes please!
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#187 Post by Prince of Spires »

Sounds like a pretty fun weekend.
wamphyri101 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:51 pm Had a great weekend though, will try and do some pics when I am more alive
This does sound like the perfect state of mind for posting pictures of a game you lost against undead / zombies.... ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

A shame you lost by only getting 3 turns in agaist a points denial list. It sort of rewards playing slow. Just shows that Legal, Fair, and Fun can be 3 different things.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
wamphyri101

#188 Post by wamphyri101 »

lol ok you asked for it:

Game 1:
Played against Aaron from corsairs and took a 23vs22 loss. My lack of practice before the event showed (forgot orgy of slaughter when could have killed Belekor) but main thing was I took turn 3 when I shouldnt have, and I went aggressive when I shouldnt have. Game was mine if I had just blocked the point and destroyed his obj, but I got greedy and went for the glory

Game 2:
Played vs James and his Nighthaunt. Super nice guy and new to the game so I felt bad as it was very one sided. Made sure he had fun though and played till turn 5

Game 3:
Game 3 was vs Charles and his DOK
I love playing other dok players as they all have a variation of the same list. He was using the new Incarnate though, which by turn 4 was his only model left lol. Won the game 26vs18

So 2-1 day 1 and was on a high from beating DOK again. That night we did a GW pub quiz and hung out talking with the TO's and a guy from head office

However, I had some food that was given to us and it really didnt agree with me, so went to bed ok at midnight then was up from 4am ill. put a dampner on my game 4

Game 4:
Played a guy called Cameron and SBGL. I wasnt feeling well and he was the gamey movement shinnigians kinda of player. He rushed points and I slowly killed his army, but I didnt realize how long he was taking on his turns and we actually ran out of time bottom of turn 3. This really sucked, as basically it felt like he capped obj then slow played the clock out. If I had been more with it I would have pointed it out to the TOs, but sadly I wasnt. meant a loss but that was ok as I should have played more aggressive to block the objectives. To's spoke to me after and said they should have stepped in sooner but they though we were on turn 5

Game 5:
Game 5 was a joy, I was feeling better and had eaten something and I got drawn vs Shoe from Rolling 1's youtube (never met him or his show team before but had been hanging with them all weekend)

We just had a really silly and fun game , mainly chatting and doing dumb stuff. I got the win after he went all in (I warned him not to) and died lol

So my last event with DOK in the current book was a 3-2. Not my best innings but i have probably just been lucky in other events. Defiantly need to play more games the month leading to the event as it really does make the difference

DOk have a new book coming this weekend, so already writing lists with the new rules. Actually playing on SagaofDice with one tonight so will post the episode on Wednesday when its out

I have an event coming 1st weekend in June, and dont wanna use my old DOK since I cant use the new book for it, so I actually might take my gitz for fun
Last edited by wamphyri101 on Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wamphyri101

#189 Post by wamphyri101 »

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#190 Post by SpellArcher »

Thanks for this Wamphyri. I love how colourful a lot of it is!
wamphyri101 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:28 pm I got greedy and went for the glory
Always a tricky decision, I tend to play too cautiously and miss big wins.
wamphyri101 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:28 pm I love playing other dok players as they all have a variation of the same list.
I guess knowing your army well really pays off here.
wamphyri101 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:28 pm he was the gamey movement shinnigians kinda of player
:evil:
wamphyri101 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:28 pm I got the win after he went all in (I warned him not to) and died lol
Can't say fairer than that!
wamphyri101 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:28 pm I have an event coming 1st weekend in June, and dont wanna use my old DOK since I cant use the new book for it, so I actually might take my gitz for fun
Makes a lot of sense.
wamphyri101 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:10 pm Said DoK vs KB Action
This looks great!
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#191 Post by Prince of Spires »

Sounds (and looks) like a great tournament. A shame you had some moments which could have gone better and that you ran into a gamey player. On the other hand, that last game just sounds awesome.

The gitz in a tournament setting would look amazing. They might be loads of fun, though perhaps checking if the list can stand up to some tougher tournament lists might be a good idea ;)

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
wamphyri101

#192 Post by wamphyri101 »

I have a list I am using for gitz which is 3-1 (only loss vs new Night Haunt which are really good but wont be allowed at the event yet as the FAQ isnt out

Will post some stuff in that blog
wamphyri101

#193 Post by wamphyri101 »

So doing a centerpiece project atm. Got myself one of the new 40k Avatars of Khaine, another Morgwaeths blade coven, 3d print I printed and a new cauldron of blood set

So the idea is to have a big snake body with Avatar upper half. The cauldron will be mounted to the snake body, so rather than wheels the snake is carrying the cauldron to battle

This is just a mock up as im building it:

Atm a High Gladiatrix is only available in a stupid big box set which isnt worth it if you have played DOK for a while at all. Its hard to get one other than ebay and they are going for like 60$

So i picked up Morgwaeths warband for $20 less, and have mixed Morgwaeth & the sister of slaughter in the box to make a converted High Gladiatrix, and then the witch aelves will be used for the cauldron.

wamphyri101

#194 Post by wamphyri101 »

Ok, so 1stly I am now duel citizen Canadian! did my thing last Fri so

2nd the new GHB has just come out and changes the game a fair deal. it will be interesting to see how the metas shift now scoring i more about troops and less about heroes/monsters

3rd, I did some reinforcements to my dok:

Purple sun got a buff and frankly dumb good for its points. WIll probably get nerfed but people will use for now as too good
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#195 Post by SpellArcher »

wamphyri101 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:53 pm Ok, so 1stly I am now duel citizen Canadian! did my thing last Fri so
Congratulations!
wamphyri101 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:53 pm 3rd, I did some reinforcements to my dok:
I especially like the whip lady.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#196 Post by Prince of Spires »

They look fun. The purple sun thingy looks interesting, and the lady with the whip is great. I really like her face.

Check out my plog

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#197 Post by SpellArcher »

SpellArcher wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:40 pm I especially like the whip lady.
Prince of Spires wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:06 pm the lady with the whip is great.
I detect a worrying trend here.

:mrgreen:
wamphyri101

#198 Post by wamphyri101 »

Nothing wrong with a good whip lady lol
wamphyri101

#199 Post by wamphyri101 »

Wow I havent done updates in half a year!

Eeek

Well...last yeah I went 3 x 4-1 and 3 x 3-2 at events. Not great but also a solid return

I won 1 best overall at Sparkle party death match, and came 4th (by 1 pt from 3rd!) at the PNW masters and got best in race

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ffyrym5XkAE ... name=small

For 2023 though I am taking a step back from DOK and going in with Gloomspite gitz, starting at LVO in 3 weeks

Ive used gitz a few times this year and went 4-1 at an event with them and tbh they feel more fun and me atm. so will be posting more on there!
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#200 Post by SpellArcher »

wamphyri101 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:08 pm Sparkle party death match
I think this is my favourite tournament name ever!

:)
wamphyri101

#201 Post by wamphyri101 »

SpellArcher wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:56 pm
wamphyri101 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:08 pm Sparkle party death match
I think this is my favourite tournament name ever!

:)
I know right! beats my "Cake or Death" lol