do high elves still work in AOS?

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
greatcrusade08

do high elves still work in AOS?

#1 Post by greatcrusade08 »

So as the title suggests im looking to build an AOS force using legal choices (rbts and archers, silver helms and old spearmen + SCs cant be used).
Does anyone have any experiences i can draw on?

so far im thinking of using reavers as troops and relying on dragon princes for the hitting
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: do high elves still work in AOS?

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

First off, I have very little experience with AoS, so take this with a grain of salt.

But I think it depends on how much you want to stick to the old HE army book. As you mention, most models can still be used in AoS to make a legal army. However, they have been divided up into a fair few different factions (within the Aelf race). Which means that you'll miss out on some of the faction bonuses and synergies if you field them together.

I do think that in AoS overwhelming force and high impact are some of the most important aspects in combat, since this lets you deal with stuff fast. And the HE forces seem to have lots of this.

Also, GW seems to try to balance stuff a bit in AoS (except for Sigmarines I guess). So at least for casual games I think you'll be fine with HE.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Botjer

#4 Post by Botjer »

Those basic units can be used and are still legal.
Read my guide.

http://ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=70766
greatcrusade08

#5 Post by greatcrusade08 »

Cheers fellas.

@botjer, the guides are great thank you