IoB rereleased for AoS

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
draxynnic

IoB rereleased for AoS

#1 Post by draxynnic »

Just happened to stumble across this: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Ag ... f-Dawn-ENG

Looks like they're reusing the same sprues - the models are identical. They're calling the Lothern Seaguard "Spireguard" and the Ellyrion Reavers simply "Reavers" - from the description, it looks like they're incorporating both into the Swifthawk Agents.
Peepster1976

Re: IoB rereleased for AoS

#2 Post by Peepster1976 »

the audacity...... to me it shows the IP of AoSis very ... very hollow......... tssss, so not impressed....
LAME!!!!!
- The World is a Village -
My Plog : [url]http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44351[/url]
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

It's hard to get the same depth of IP as WH had in just 2 years though. WH has been around for something like 35 years. AoS is already much further along then WH was at 2 years. I agree that there isn't that much there yet. But I still hope they'll get there in the end. Probably depends on how the sales are doing...

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
draxynnic

#4 Post by draxynnic »

Pretty much. While I came across it by fluke, I was thinking a month or so ago that it was a shame that the miniatures from that set seem to have been abandoned, since they're of the same generation as many that are currently available and the Seaguard, surprisingly enough, have a thematic similarity to the Skycutters. Bringing them back might also mean that there's a unit that's High Elf themed that's Battleline for Order again.

Now, I'd have preferred to see them find a way to resprue the minis so they're not bound to buying the one big box again, but that's how they've decided to do it, and in that context it's not surprising that the story has been adapted to AoS.

It is a little annoying that as far as I can see there's no way to get the rules without buying a new box, though (I already have IoB...). On the other hand, it might not make much difference if you just use the rules from the High Elf warscrolls compendium: after all, the Swifthawk Agents rules are mostly copypasta from there. There might be the difference that the gryphon rider can trigger Swifthawk Discipline for the Spireguard now.