[8th] - High Elves vs Tomb Kings

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Live_waaaaagh

[8th] - High Elves vs Tomb Kings

#1 Post by Live_waaaaagh »

Hi all!

First battle report shared here on Ulthuan as it's the first one to feature our small - but growing - Asur army. I hope you enjoy!

Feedback on the report itself and the high elf list/strategy is welcomed.

The set up:

By the time the fleet approached the sands of The Land Of The Dead, the Skycutter had already done a few rounds nearby and noticed no movement - from neither a being that was alive or undead. The fleet had stopped north of the great city of Zandri, near the mouth of the Great Mortis River. The Eagle Eye Bolt thrower crew gave the thumbs up and Rinuthel, the Sea Helm in charge of the expeditionary force, gave the go-ahead to disembark. As the Sea Guard began unloading the horses and equipment, Aletherell, the Archmage, noticed something in the distance and alerted the Skycutter crew.

The Roc flew swiftly ahead. The Eagle Eye Crew could barely hang on from the speed and the wind. As they moved over the dunes, the picture became clear: An undead force had taken notice of the intrusion.

http://www.livewaaaaagh.com/home/2017/3 ... tomb-kings
RE.Lee

Re: [8th] - High Elves vs Tomb Kings

#2 Post by RE.Lee »

Enjoyed the report immensely - the pacing of the narrative is very good and the photos show what's going on well.

I was a bit worried when I say the TK only had a level 2 opposite the HE level 4, as they really need magic dominance to to well. The Casket did its thing however despite the TK player forgetting the +D3 PD in the first turn ( [-X ). Tomb Guards are a force, though their extra WS helped them little against the Swordmasters.

Looking forward to more of the reports!
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

Nice report! Looking forward to the next. The Skycutter dying first turn without achieving anything feels very familiar. New models have a tendency to do either that or single handedly win the battle...
Sea Guard do 0 - zero - wounds
A very common theme for my sea guard. They're great for the ranks they bring. And they perform OK vs weak small stuff without armour. But otherwise they simply stand around looking pretty.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Live_waaaaagh

#4 Post by Live_waaaaagh »

Hi!

Thank you both for your comments! Glad to hear you enjoyed the battle report. More coming tomorrow!