Welcome to the Army Blogs Forum

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Curu Olannon
Vindicated Strategist

Welcome to the Army Blogs Forum

#1 Post by Curu Olannon »

Hello, and welcome to the Army Blogs Forum!

An army blog features a player`s development of a certain army and is typically filled with tactical analysis, battle reports, list musings and even the occasional picture of models. The distribution and focus between these areas varies from blog to blog: But at the core they`re all about the same: army development over time.

The purpose of this forum is to gather the army blogs in a single place, to allow army lists to be about army lists, battle reports to be about standalone reports and so on. We feel that army blogs is largely an Ulthuan phenomenon, at least if you factor in the scale and popularity it has reached on this site.

As per the time of this writing, this forum is on a trial period so it`s up to your activity here to decide whether it`ll be a permanent forum or not :)
Retired from Warhammer. Playing Warmachine & Hordes (Cygnar).

Follow me on Courage of Caspia, my blog.

Warhammer blogs from 2011-2015:

:: Path to Glory - High Elves Army Blog ::
:: Curu Olannon's Vindicators - 2500 points Army Blog (Old book, outdated) ::
Loriel

Re: Welcome to the Army Blogs Forum

#2 Post by Loriel »

I like this idea alot.

Is it supposed to be only/mostly for High Elves blogs or with the same ruling as regular battle report thread "This forum is where you can go to post Battle Reports, no matter what race or ruleset they may be. " or can it be players blog combining all the games with armies.
High Elves since Aug 2010: Tot /W / L / D - 100 / 75 / 23 / 2
Tomb Kings since Sep 2013:Tot / W / L / D - 31 / 18 / 12 / 1

Chronicles of Loriel's Glory and Shame
Curu Olannon
Vindicated Strategist

#3 Post by Curu Olannon »

Loriel wrote:I like this idea alot.

Is it supposed to be only/mostly for High Elves blogs or with the same ruling as regular battle report thread "This forum is where you can go to post Battle Reports, no matter what race or ruleset they may be. " or can it be players blog combining all the games with armies.
We welcome all kinds of fractions here. Jimmy for example has a blog featuring mostly non-HE armies ;)
Retired from Warhammer. Playing Warmachine & Hordes (Cygnar).

Follow me on Courage of Caspia, my blog.

Warhammer blogs from 2011-2015:

:: Path to Glory - High Elves Army Blog ::
:: Curu Olannon's Vindicators - 2500 points Army Blog (Old book, outdated) ::
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#4 Post by Prince of Spires »

A small admin update on the army blogs forum (since there have been a few questions about it).

The army blogs forum is open to blogs about all armies from all systems. If you already have a blog and want to switch to Kings of War or you want to start a new blog for your Age of Sigmar adventures, feel free to do so. We welcome all of them.

A small suggestion. If you decide to blog about an army in a particular system, it could be useful for (potential) followers to include which system you're blogging about in the subject , like Swordmaster of Hoeth is doing in his 'MSU HE - Kings of War - humble beginnings' blog. If you want to change the subject of a topic, go to the first post, click edit at the bottom of it and change the subject.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.