The Tor Karyndis Campaign

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

CorinthianHelm

The Tor Karyndis Campaign

#1 Post by CorinthianHelm »

Welcome to the Tor Karyndis campaign! A person from the WHFB discord that I'm a part of and I have decided to give the campaign from the back of the Monstrous Arcanum book a go. The gist of it is that a High Elf trade mission is returning from succesful business in Estalia, and is camping out in the ruins of the colony of Tor Karyndis. Unfortunately, Clan Skitteritch, has decided they would like to kill and enslave elf-things, and so has constructed a massive assault against them. Our source document is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hck ... sp=sharing.

The first 4 High Elf characters were given to me, and the first 2 Skaven ones were given to him, premade from the book, if you were wondering about some of their equipment. The rest are custom ones.

For our first scenario, we played Rats in the Hills, an ambush escape scenario. Basically, the skaven are trying to catch and kill the elven patrol before it can escape and report to Prince Palnaith about their presence. The report is here for you all to read: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10WK ... sp=sharing.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: The Tor Karyndis Campaign

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

CorinthianHelm wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:18 pm The report is here
Well played sir! High Elven mobility triumphs!
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

Looks like a fun battle and a great campaign! Congrats on the win and keep us updated on any future progress :)
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
CorinthianHelm

#4 Post by CorinthianHelm »

Thanks! Here's part 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IDh ... sp=sharing.

A much more action packed one this time, and a very swingy game too, both of us thought we had it at one point or another.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#5 Post by SpellArcher »

CorinthianHelm wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:59 pm Thanks! Here's part 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IDh ... sp=sharing.

A much more action packed one this time, and a very swingy game too, both of us thought we had it at one point or another.
It was a bloodbath! There was a lot of ripping and tearing.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#6 Post by Prince of Spires »

Great battle. Very much a bloodbath indeed and some very wild swings in there. Just goes to show that the dice can be fickle.

Just one thing I wondered about. The turn 6 skaven charge on the DP's. You don't need to pass a LD test to reform. You can always reform without a test. Only if you have a musician and you want to move after the reform then you need to make the LD test. And if you fail the test you can still reform, you just can't move anymore (BRB p14)

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#7 Post by SpellArcher »

Prince of Spires wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:52 pm Only if you have a musician and you want to move after the reform then you need to make the LD test.
This. Or shoot, though Dragon Princes won’t be doing much of that.
CorinthianHelm

#8 Post by CorinthianHelm »

Prince of Spires wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:52 pm The turn 6 skaven charge on the DP's. You don't need to pass a LD test to reform. You can always reform without a test.
Ah, thanks. I was just used to always making one before a reform and didn't even think twice about it.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#9 Post by Prince of Spires »

SpellArcher wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:01 pm
Prince of Spires wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:52 pm Only if you have a musician and you want to move after the reform then you need to make the LD test.
This. Or shoot, though Dragon Princes won’t be doing much of that.
I keep forgetting that one. But that might just be down to my archers, who cause about as many wounds when they do shoot as when they don't.

There's a lesson for you, don't bring blind archers to a battlefield...

Check out my plog

Aerendar Valandil

#10 Post by Aerendar Valandil »

That were a few nice battles there.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#11 Post by SpellArcher »

Prince of Spires wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:30 am But that might just be down to my archers
Your archers should be shot Rod. Are there any troops in your army qualified to do this though?

:)
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#12 Post by Prince of Spires »

SpellArcher wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:18 pm
Prince of Spires wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:30 am But that might just be down to my archers
Your archers should be shot Rod. Are there any troops in your army qualified to do this though?

:)
:lol: =D> :lol:

Agreed. I will probably need to hire some mercenaries to manage this. I think some ogre leadbelchers or maybe some nightgoblin archers will do the trick ;)

Check out my plog