Completed Armies

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Silver
Shiny and Polished

Completed Armies

#1 Post by Silver »

Because one can be most proud once he is ready to take the fight to the enemy with no incomplete model, show us your glorious fully painted Asur armies!
Kalandros Shadowsun
Silver
Shiny and Polished

Re: Completed Armies

#2 Post by Silver »

Lets start with a small army, its my only remaining shot of most of my painted models, I've sold that army years ago.. like 4-5 or maybe 6 years ago? x:

Ah the good ol' 7th ed days.
Kalandros Shadowsun
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#3 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

My Collection so far:

Stuff that's painted enough that I'll use it in a game;

My cavalry is almost an army of it's own;
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Rychek
Location: Where folks know what picante sauce should taste like!

#4 Post by Rychek »

This is the painted portion of my army (minus one dragon). I don't have any pics of the entire army yet.

Rychek: he who has not an Asur name.
Rychek

#5 Post by Rychek »

Here is the whole enchilada. There are a couple of models that I didn't include (several sets of LSG command, for example), but that is the bulk of it. I have another 5 Dragon Princes, 10 Phoenix Guard and 10 White Lions to assemble as well.

Yes, I love collecting models that are of limited use in an actual game. :lol:
Jimmy
Centurion

#6 Post by Jimmy »

Nec Sorte Nec Fato - Neither By Chance Nor Fate

X-wing Blog
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#7 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

That can't be all 8000 points...
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Andrew_uk

#8 Post by Andrew_uk »

I'm all for collecting dragons... one can never have enough dragons. But does it not bore you guys to see 5 of them in the same pose? I'd rather not have bought 2 of them and gone for a Forgeworld Carmine dragon instead, not bought another 2 and instead spent that time/money/energy doing a crazy conversion to one of the others

If you want to collect Warhammer to game with it then why buy more than you need? If you want to buy warhammer because you love the models, then show them some love
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
Rychek

#9 Post by Rychek »

Good points, but that is where the six non-pictured dragons come in :D . I'm also a compulsive ebay purchaser. :lol:
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#10 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I have a nicely painted 5000 point army, but one of my club mates was selling all his hammers, so I picked up his 7000 points of High Elves for $450, I've traded some of the units I didn't need off, like one of the dragons, and the old metal dragon Princes. As it stands I have the one painted Dragon, and a riderless one(not painted yet) for Storm of Magic. I have a lot of painting to do, but it's not insurmountable.
Malossar
Something Cool

#11 Post by Malossar »

Army Shots:

Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
boli

#12 Post by boli »

Latest image I took of my entire painted army (included wood elves for army of the eternity king)

Still have a 342 models to paint (about the same again)

[url=http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?333760-Rats-vs-Elves-A-Painting-Saga]My Painting Plog[/url]
(On Warseer mixed with my Skaven and Wood Elves)