[Looking for] Old Metal GW Lothern Sea Guard

The Trading Post for any of your Buy/Swap/Sell needs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

TheValheru

[Looking for] Old Metal GW Lothern Sea Guard

#1 Post by TheValheru »

As it says in the title, I'm on the lookout for some of the old metal GW Lothern Sea Guard models.
I appreciate these are in some demand and long OOP so might be a long shot but....gotta ask, right?

Please give me a shout if you can help.

Thanks,
Tom
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: [Looking for] Old Metal GW Lothern Sea Guard

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

I don't have any spare metal LSG models, so I can't help you there. In my experience, the best place to check for them is the UK ebay. They generally have the most WH models: ebay LSG search

Going rate at the moment seems to be €7-€10 per model. But you could get lucky with a unit or someone who just wants to get rid of them (I certainly did when I got mine).

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
TheValheru

#3 Post by TheValheru »

Ye, thanks mate. I am keeping half an eye on eBay but not much up atm and want them in time for my next tourney a month from now.

I have 12 and a fellow Ulthuan user has provided 5 more. With a 4x4 unit filler I have what I need for now so time pressure is off.

I will eventually need 50-60 of them though so if anyone sees this some time from now, please give me a shout as I will still be interested.

All the best.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#4 Post by Prince of Spires »

50-60 will make an impressive unit. I'd love to see pictures of that once it's done.

The IOB LSG actually make for a decent unit filler. I've also seen people use a RBT + crew as unit filler, which is nice and thematic.

Good luck with finding more. Sometimes you get lucky and find a good deal :)

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
TheValheru

#5 Post by TheValheru »

Prince of Spires wrote:50-60 will make an impressive unit. I'd love to see pictures of that once it's done.

The IOB LSG actually make for a decent unit filler. I've also seen people use a RBT + crew as unit filler, which is nice and thematic.

Good luck with finding more. Sometimes you get lucky and find a good deal :)
What's IOB LSG?

It will be a while until they are painted but I will drop back in and show them off in a years time ;)
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#6 Post by Prince of Spires »

TheValheru wrote: What's IOB LSG?
Island of Blood Lothern Sea Guard (sorry, I think in abbreviations too much). When GW release 8th edition, the boxed set, called Island of Blood, contained a High Elf force. Part of that force was a unit of 10 plastic lothern sea guard. They're pretty plentiful because of this, so you can usually pick up a unit of them for fairly cheap. They are quite a bit bigger then the metal LSG though.

Rod

Check out my plog

TheValheru

#7 Post by TheValheru »

Ah, yes of course. I already have them and use them for LSG and I am using the old GW ones as spearmen.
I have ordered some BlueStuff to mould some cool shields I like and the inevitably missing quivers.
I play The Ninth Age rather than Warhammer 8th FWIW.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#8 Post by Luna Guardian »

TheValheru wrote:Ah, yes of course. I already have them and use them for LSG and I am using the old GW ones as spearmen.
I have ordered some BlueStuff to mould some cool shields I like and the inevitably missing quivers.
Slightly off topic, but I recommend checking out Kings of War if you haven't already. Their elf figures are...not great, but the rules are phenomenal.
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
TheValheru

#9 Post by TheValheru »

Sure. Thanks.
I am balls deep into T9A atm but after that I may check it out. T9A is a great game system nowadays IMO.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#10 Post by Prince of Spires »

Luna Guardian wrote:
TheValheru wrote:Ah, yes of course. I already have them and use them for LSG and I am using the old GW ones as spearmen.
Slightly off topic, but I recommend checking out Kings of War if you haven't already. Their elf figures are...not great, but the rules are phenomenal.
You forgot the link to the rules again ;)

Check out my plog

Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#11 Post by Luna Guardian »

Prince of Spires wrote:
Luna Guardian wrote:
You forgot the link to the rules again ;)
Sadly, with the 3rd edition out, the free rules have also been removed. I'm sure you can find the free 2E rules still however.
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Minion X

#12 Post by Minion X »

I am in Sweden and I have about 30 of the old metal Sea Guard sculpted by Gary Morley with quivers, and a command group without quivers, all stripped. How desperate are you for classic Sea Guard, i.e. how much would you consider a fair price per model? Also, keep in mind that tracked and insured shipping could well be up to 20 USD.
TheValheru

#13 Post by TheValheru »

Hi Minion,

I have the 20 I need for now but am always on the lookout as I will need more in time.
I have PM'd you.
Galharen
Master of Brushes

#14 Post by Galharen »

I have 12 for sale if you still need them.