Star Wars Creations

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Karak Norn Clansman

Star Wars Creations

#1 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

Imperial Star Destroyer Victorypeace arriving for routine repairs at Kuat Driveyards.

Work in progress shot: It is mostly built out of wood and brad nails, assembled with glue gun and painted with wall paints. The project took 2 days.
Last edited by Karak Norn Clansman on Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Wooden Star Destroyer (Star Wars)

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Really nice KNC. My eyes were convinced it was a high quality kit! Been watching a lot of Star Wars lately, funnily enough.
Karak Norn Clansman

Re: Wooden Star Destroyer (Star Wars)

#3 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

Haha, thanks SpellArcher! My dad thought the same, too, and he is a carpenter! :D

Same here. Have you watched Solo, Rogue One, Mandalorian and the Clone Wars finale? They are great, all of them.

Cheers

In Defiance of Fate

A man, a will, unwilling.

Unwilling to accept the destiny of life,
the shared demise of stars.
Willing to sacrifice all to deny death,
our greatest waste,
the opened scars.

Unwilling to stand idly by his love,
as she would die.
Willing that forbidden union,
to lay them low,
at end of lie.

A friend, a hand, no weakness.

Greatest friend with fiercest heart,
born to save those near.
No comrade may be left behind,
no consort ever perish,
a hero without fear.

Greatest warrior ever seen,
his heart on fire.
No hesitation in his sword,
he cut the hand,
in highest spire.

A saviour, a peace, forsaken.

Saviour of the realm strode out,
to temple purge.
Peace he brought to bloody war,
sang his shining sword,
the rebel's dirge.

Saviour found himself betrayed,
his wife taken,
Peace broken by own brother,
and burning blade,
saw him forsaken.

A slave, a fate, broken.

Broken man reforged anew,
by revenge and hate.
Slaughtered foes across the stars,
his flesh to steel,
in defiance of fate.

Broken man ever a slave,
for his masters' claim.
Set free at last by his own son,
twain lives he led,
both ends in flame.

Tribute to the fantastic tragedy of Anakin Skywalker, greatest of pilots, warriors and friends.

Tribute to the fantastic irony of the Chosen One, dark knight, Emperor Palpatine's errand boy and slave all his life.

Tribute to the fantastic overarching story of Star Wars Episodes 1-6, the four-episode Clone Wars finale and this powerful excerpt of Matthew Stover's Revenge of the Sith novelizations.

Illustration for a worthy piece of mythology, strong in its simplicity.

May the sequel trilogy be ignored as the incoherent mess of a heresy to the overarching narrative that it is.

And may the good productions such as Solo, Rogue One, Mandalorian and the Clone Wars finale keep on coming.

Note the maimed arms of Mace Windu and Luke Skywalker respectively in the background. I always liked the character of Mace Windu: Like Anakin, he was arrogant and headstrong, and a powerful warrior. He was the stern and suspicious face of the Jedi Council that was not afraid to get its hands dirty and hamper Anakin's hopes and ambitions. Mace Windu was not only well acted, but he was written well to present a believable aspect to the lofty Jedi, one which Anakin ultimately collided head-on with.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Star Wars Creations

#4 Post by SpellArcher »

Karak Norn Clansman wrote:Have you watched Solo, Rogue One, Mandalorian and the Clone Wars finale?
I enjoyed Solo and Rogue One is a tour de force. Being old I might get Mandalorian on DVD if it gets there, looks interesting.
Karak Norn Clansman wrote:May the sequel trilogy be ignored
I recently re-watched Force Awakens and still think it was promising. The Last Jedi was clever and thought-provoking but crucially didn't seem like a Star Wars film to me. Rise of Skywalker tried and there were some nice moments but it didn't quite come together in my view.

This from a kid who sat in the cinema and marvelled to Star Wars on it's original release, all those years ago.