Rules questions

Ask any rules specific questions here
mstrdtch

Rules questions

#1 Post by mstrdtch »

Hi, im wondering about the following things:

(1) does the Walk between Worlds spell allow maneuvers aswell? (wheel, move backwards/sideways, reform) or just a 10" move straight ahead?

[edit] okay, i found out that this is actually a big topic of discussion and flamewar on multiple sites... i guess i'll just talk about it with my friend before the game and try to follow the advice of ETC:
3.29. Q: Can a unit wheel, reform or have characters leave it when under movement spells such as Vanhel’s Danse Macabre, Walk Between Worlds, Breath of Darkness or Khsar’s Incantation of the Desert Wind? Can you Fly or use Free Reforms? Can it move sideways/backwards?
A: It can always wheel and move sideways/backwards, but only the Khsar’s Incantation allows Reform and Dark Breath Swift Reform or characters leaving. Flying and Free Reforms are always allowed. Units moved in this way count as having moved for shooting purposes.
(2) When determining damage for the Comet of Cassandora, do you roll 2D6 and apply that many hits to all units, or do you roll seperately 2D6 for each unit hit?

(3) Can Lizardmen Stegadon's stand&shoot with their Giant Bow and their Giant Blowpipe? The rules in the Lizardmen AB say literally: "Instead of firing another weapon in the Shooting phase... (one of the skinks may fire the giant bow) / (up to two Skink Crew may each fire a single Giant Blowpipe)". Furtheremore the Gaint Bow goes on to say "This is a bolt thrower". Last I checked Bolt Throwers are Slow to Fire. Because it mentions specifically the Shooting phase I claim that Stand & Shoot should not be possible. But my friend plays Lizardmen and he claims otherwise.

(4) Does my noble need to take a normal shield in order to take an Enchanted Shield? (like, as an upgrade)

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide :)
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Rules questions

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

1) I see nothing in the spell description that would prohibit maneouvres.

2) From the spell wording I believe you roll for each unit separately, which is the way I've always played it at tournaments.

3) The Lizardmen Errata attaches 'Slow to Fire' to the Giant Bow. The FAQ states that this cannot Stand and Shoot but that other Stegadon-mounted weapons (such as the Giant Blowpipe) can.

4) No, the magic item includes the properties of it's mundane equivalent. So Armour of Fortune for example, gives you a 5+ AS in addition to a Ward save.
pk-ng

#3 Post by pk-ng »

SpellArcher wrote:1) I see nothing in the spell description that would prohibit maneouvres.

2) From the spell wording I believe you roll for each unit separately, which is the way I've always played it at tournaments.

3) The Lizardmen Errata attaches 'Slow to Fire' to the Giant Bow. The FAQ states that this cannot Stand and Shoot but that other Stegadon-mounted weapons (such as the Giant Blowpipe) can.

4) No, the magic item includes the properties of it's mundane equivalent. So Armour of Fortune for example, gives you a 5+ AS in addition to a Ward save.
Agree with everything

2) Roll for every unit separately for the number of hits and strength
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
mstrdtch

#4 Post by mstrdtch »