Always strike last applied two times on a unit ?

Ask any rules specific questions here
Maturin

Always strike last applied two times on a unit ?

#1 Post by Maturin »

Hello there. I have a question. I once played a game where my blob of 30 White lions were charged by the Always strike last aura giving creature from OGRE faction. The controlling player told me that since my WL had ASF + ASL, both of them cancelled and thus I was hitting at Initiative. But since his creature was, on top of all that, giving me ASL again, that now, I would be hitting last.

What do you say ? Is it the way it supposed to be played ?
demonwalker

Re: Always strike last applied two times on a unit ?

#2 Post by demonwalker »

I'd have to find the rulebook page, but ASL and ASF don't stack, so you can't make elves ever strike last without removing ASF. That's why Light spells like Timewarp aren't completely broken on units of White Lions and Swordsmasters.
Sackree

#3 Post by Sackree »

Special rules don't stack. Your white Lions can only have one ASL so they will still strike at initiative
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=45855]Charge of the Loremaster - Army Blog[/url]
Maturin

#4 Post by Maturin »

Since I lost my horde that day because he told me that they would stack, I wish I had known sooner ^^.
Thanks for your reply.

Is it written somewhere in the BRB ?
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#5 Post by SpellArcher »

Page 66 says "Unless otherwise noted, the effects of multiple special rules are cumulative."

But the rulebook Errata amends this to "the effects of different special rules". It goes on to say " However, unless otherwise stated, a model gains no additional benefit from having the same special rule multiple times."
Maturin

#6 Post by Maturin »

Thank you very much to both of you. I'll make sure to print that if I'm going to play that 3000 unlimited tournament in two weeks. I wouldn't want to allow the same mistake again ;)
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#7 Post by SpellArcher »

You're welcome Maturin.