Deploying warmachines in to buildings

Ask any rules specific questions here
Loriel

Deploying warmachines in to buildings

#1 Post by Loriel »

Hello!

This wasn't really any of my games but two of my friends were playing game today and they had argument about the deploying warmachines.

One of the players claimed that if building barely touches the deployment zone he can deploy it in to the building because it will still be in deployment zone and it isn't denied by rules.

I was baffled about the fact that he though that. Way I see the rules battlelines 12 inch from centre line would deny it etc. I asked about him that by the same logic you should allow units to be placed so that they are just simply touching the deployment zone edge, but this wasn't following the rules according to him...

How would ulhtuan peeps play this?
High Elves since Aug 2010: Tot /W / L / D - 100 / 75 / 23 / 2
Tomb Kings since Sep 2013:Tot / W / L / D - 31 / 18 / 12 / 1

Chronicles of Loriel's Glory and Shame
Eirik

Re: Deploying warmachines in to buildings

#2 Post by Eirik »

I usually play that if the building touches the deployment zone you're good to go. I would assume that at a serious tourney the terrain is set up to take things like this into account.
Ah, Floorhammer. A time honored tradition. Sadly, I no longer play since my brother tripped and right-angled the spears of a 15-man regiment.
-Original Dragon Prince, July 2011
pk-ng

#3 Post by pk-ng »

Batteline deployment: "units may be placed anywhere in their deployment zone that is more than 12" from the centre line.
So what your friend did was illegal.

Remember the "deployment zone" is the the "half" you have chosen / or forced to choose. Where you can place the units is as per rule: 12" from the centre line. So if you deploy within the building as described you are within 12" of the centre line.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
Razzy Mac

#4 Post by Razzy Mac »

Yeh it seems pretty clear cut tbh
RM's High Elf Plog