ETC Teclis list

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Dragon fire

ETC Teclis list

#1 Post by Dragon fire »

Hi
I have tried to make a list that is centered around Teclis. Mainly because I always have been fond of magic, but also a bit because of the fluff. In general I like the special characters.
The list is centered around having a good shooting and a good magic phase. I've made a "bunker" with quite a few characters to be able to withstand most single units, but I will not be able to handle large combo charges.
It is not a list to make 20-0, but it is focused on keeping points while taking a few along the way.

Teclis 450
Alith Anar 250

Caradryan 170
Noble, BSB, HA, Shield of Merwyrm, Reaver bow, golden crown 149
Mage, lvl 1, light, Scroll, khaines ring 135

29 archers, mus, std 310
2x6 helms, champ 2x148

19 PG, FCG , razor 360

4 RBT's 4x70

I know I am a bit short on chaff so I'm in doubt regarding the 29 archers. This could be changed to 20 archers, mus, std, and 5 reavers with bows. What do you guys think?

Secondly I'm very much in doubt regarding the lvl 1. He could be changed for 9 sisters (10 if I make the switch in core). S5 banishment is just so much better than 4 on the other hand 85 points plus gear is a steep price for improving one spell. Secondly I greatly fear death snipes. Teclis is very vulnerable and with only MR1 I feel there is a need for either MR3 for a 4++ or a second scroll for better protection.

Any other improvement points are welcome as well.

EDIT: Had forgotten the razor standard on the PG
Last edited by Dragon fire on Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axiem
Rhetor militaris

Re: ETC Teclis list

#2 Post by Axiem »

You're not that short on chaff - a single Eagle would solve your problems. Instead, I see your biggest issue being the small unit of Phoenix Guard, and the lack of the Razor Standard. I would drop Caradryan and use the points to buy an Eagle, Razor Standard, and 5 more Phoenix Guard.

Otherwise, there are a few minor things. You won't need Khaine's Ring with Teclis in the list, and the BSB's kit is mismatched. Either go with Reaver Bow + PoS or Shield of Merwyrm and Sword of Anti-Heroes. I would suggest the latter for this list. I would also consider using the points saved from the Ring to make the BSB a Seahelm as the reform will help dramatically (and also account for your worry of chaff).

Strength 6 Banishment is also a lot better than S5, and S7 is better still; that kind of reasoning will have you cannibalizing your list in no time. You can always take Pha's from Light and take damage spells from elsewhere if you're not interested in investing in the Coven aspect. If you're going for point-conservation in an ETC environment, this is decent. However, I'm strongly of the opinion that the Level 1 and Scroll is much better than 10 Sisters, so he seems a no-brainer here.

Personally, I think this kind of list struggles in ETC where builds tend to be polarized. Telcis is a good all-comers and is good in certain matchups, but the lack of Frosty and/or Cav Prince means you're likely to struggle against table-controlling armies.

Hope that helps!

Axiem
BGNLordHelmut

#3 Post by BGNLordHelmut »

Agreed on dropping Caradryan for more PG and an eagle, that block needs to be bigger overall IMO. Also agree on Seahelm; with that being the only combat block you'll likely need that reform throughout your games.

Alith Anar is a lot of fun to use!
Visit me (Mut) at [url=http://www.nerdhammer.net/]Nerdhammer: Just a bunch of losers playing with dolls[/url]
Dragon fire

#4 Post by Dragon fire »

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.
The reason for adding Caradryan is to have a tool against MC and MI. 3 s5 AP med d3 wounds adds almost 2 wounds on average meaning which is very important against those enemies. As I often will take savage beast to cast on the BSB (if he keeps his gear, the gear change gave me food for thought). Savage beast on Caradryan is a must dispel in CC vs. MC and MI. Secondly see quite a few trolls, chimeras and other regen stuff that tend to ruin my day, so his flaming attacks are very welcome. Lastly I feel I need 3 characters so that one of the mages is not put in first line in case the champ get sniped.

I have once used the seahelm and he didn't impress me, perhaps I'm too fond of stand and shoot.

And you are right. I could really use that eagle, but since I probably will keep Caradryan I'm not sure I can find the points needed. I will at least drop the ring for an additional PG. I could make that 2 if I make the switch in core?

I have used Alith a bit before and he is very fun. . He is the closest the elves is ever going to get on a canon. Also the swiftstride means a lot for keeping enemies at bay.