Looking for advice 2500 list for tournament

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Wuthalao

Looking for advice 2500 list for tournament

#1 Post by Wuthalao »

Looking for advice on lore for my archmage for this list. I'm thinking about using high magic, but if someone have any experience with these kinds of lists. Any other advice is also welcome.

Prince Stardragon, Sword of might, Enchanted shield, Talisman of perservation,The other trickster's shard, Heavy armor
Griffon noble, Swooping strike, Swiftsense, Star lance, Potion of foolhardiness,Charmed shield,Gold Crown of atrazar,Great weapon
Archmage level 4 Dispel scroll
Noble bsb, Dragonhelm, Dawnstone, Barded stead, Great weapon, Heavy armor
14 Silver helms shields FC
5 Ellyrian reavers replace spears with bows Champion
Frostheart phoenix
19 white lion FC
Ladril Caledor

Re: Looking for advice 2500 list for tournament

#2 Post by Ladril Caledor »

I'd probably go with Life on this list. Dwellers will be useful to thin down big units (and the threat of Dwellers can mean he lets other spells through), flesh to Stone and regeneration should help keep things alive, and the healing attribute will be great for your monsters. High would also be pretty good, but I'd definitely add the Book of Hoeth and fencers blades to your archmage in that case, so you can one dice spells and make your mage hard to kill. Beasts could be pretty good too.

I'd also consider Banner of the World Dragon on the White Lions. Miscast protection, near invulnerability to magic attacks, and stubborn for the dragon, it will make the list a lot more competitive overall.
Wuthalao

#3 Post by Wuthalao »

Thanks for the advice.
Due to the tournaments comp pack (it's a hard/soft choice comp) i can't take a level 4 with the banner of the world dragon.
Life seems like a great choice i'm just worried about chaff units getting in my way, but it will be hard to get the extra points for books of hoeth or fencer blade life is a good wat to protect the mage.
SteVieBizzLe

#4 Post by SteVieBizzLe »

Yeah I would definitely take Life with this list, the healing spells and attribute on the monsters will drive your opponents crazy. And who doesn't love a good dwellers now and again?