Alarielle ETC list

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Andros123

Alarielle ETC list

#1 Post by Andros123 »

Lords
Alarielle
Prince w. reaver bow, pot of strenght, obsidien lodestone, addational hand weapon

Heroes
lvl. 2 light mage - Ring of fury
lvl. 1 light mage - Dispel scroll
Noble BSB - banner of avelorn

Core
2x6 silverhelms w. shields
5 reavers w. spears and bows
20 archers full command

Special
25 White lions - full command
5 shadow warriors

Rare
8 sisters of avelorn
4xbolt throwers

Under ETC Alarialle can choose her combination of lores just before the game. However my intention is a light council, but if I'm looking at a big unit with the banner of the world dragon - I will go for life and dwellers :) .

The idea is to shoot and chaff up my opponent and gain the board control early on in the game. Then in the perfect world I should be able to dictate when combat happens.
It is also a possibility to swap out the prince with a loremaster with the book of hoeth. Gives you a death snipe and the ability to use Alarielle's LD10.

Can this work?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Galdor

Re: Alarielle ETC list

#2 Post by Galdor »

Have you thought about using a sea helm bsb with this list? The combat reform ability is potentially very useful for the white lions. I think you can use it to get your squishy characters out of harms way in some situations. Also very handy if you were to get flanked.

The list looks good in IMHO.
Andros123

Re: Alarielle ETC list

#3 Post by Andros123 »

Thanks for your comment Galdor.

Yes, I have thought about using a sea helm instead, but the points has to come from somewhere, since he is more expensive. I think the list needs some decent amount of shooting in order to work, so I'm not really sure if his ability is worth it. However, it is also meant to see combat from time to time, because white lions with alarielle are simply insanely powerful.
It is definitely one of those things I need to consider, when I have got some games under my belt with the list.