1600-2000-2400 escalation

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

the shalafi

1600-2000-2400 escalation

#1 Post by the shalafi »

hello everybody,
I'll be going to a tournament in may. ( my first!) It is this escalation system, so here are my army lists, feel free to give tips! there is no comp, but my BSB and general have to stay the same tough they can get upgrades.

1600:
prince, dragon armour, barden steed, giant blade, enchanted shield. ( goes with silver helms)

loremaster, book of hoeth, shield of the merwyrm, golden crown ( goes with phoenix guard)

noble, dragon armour, barded steed, shield, dragon armour, ogre blade, BSB. ( goes with silver helms)

13 silver helms, shields, full command.

5 ellyrian reavers

5 ellyrian reavers.

20 phoenix guard, full command, razor standard

2000:
prince, dragon armour, barden steed, giant blade, enchanted shield, dawnstone, cloak of beards. ( goes with dragon princes)

archmage, lvl 4, steed, book of hoeth, crown of command, dragonbane gem. (beasts) (goes with dragon princes)

noble, dragon armour, shield, barden steed, bsb, dragonhelm, ogre blade ( goes with dragon princes)

noble, dragon armour, shield, barded steed, sword of anti-heroes, luckstone (goes with silver helms)

mage, steed, dispell scroll (high) (goes with silver helms)

13 silver helms, full command, shields

5 ellyrian reavers, musician, bow

5 ellyrian reavers, musician, bow

12 dragon princes, full command, banner of the world dragon, sword of might

prince, dragon armour, barded steed, giant blade, enchanted shield, dawstone, cloak of beards (goes with dragon princes)

archmage, lvl 4, steed, book of hoeth, crown of command, dragonbane gem (beasts) ( goes with dragon princes)

noble, dragon armour, shield, barded steed, bsb, dragonhelm, ogre blade ( goes with dragon princes)

noble, dragon armour, shield, barded steed, sword of anti-heroes, luckstone ( goes with silver helms)

mage, steed, dispell scroll (high) ( goes with sliver helms)

13 silver helm, shield, full command

5 ellyrian reaver, musician, bow

5 ellyrian reaver, musician, bow

15 archer, hawkeye

12 dragon princes of caledor, banner of the world dragon, full command, sword of might.

frostheart phoenix
by High elves plog: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/high-elves-of-caledor.29197/
my Vampire Counts plog: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/what-is-dead-many-never-die-but-rises-again-shalafis-plog.29205/
Loriel

Re: 1600-2000-2400 escalation

#2 Post by Loriel »

1600 point

As it seems that there isn't requirement to have same choices in the army list (as some escalations dictates that you cannot drop any choices from previous battles) I would totally suggest that leave the BSB noble from the list and either add models to phoenix guard and silverhelms instead, or you could even land 5 model dragon princes instead. Allthough looking at your list you seem to be really fond on Herohammering ;)

I actually consider that you are not allowed to draw Shield of Merwyrm when you have special weapon. Atleast if you play RAW and in this sense better check this out from TO.

2000 point

Sword of might on drake master seems to me little big investment.

I would suggest that place the BSB in silverhelms instead and just killy character in dragon princes. Reason why i Suggest this is to get some heat of from the dragon princes. At the moment any 6 dicing dwellers, final transmutations etc will be heading right towards that unit its a big point sink for you. This way you can get your opponent attention to that unit. You are probably anyway having both helms and dragon princes nearby to try killing the same units.

2400 points
Hmm. the high magic on support mage... I think you would be probably better of with shadows miasma. and better yet if things look really bad for your characters in dragon prince unit you could swap them with smoke and mirrors and perhaps save some points to either win battle or make the lose little less.

For the archers ( I don't know if you own any more models) but I would add another reaver unit instead or smaller silver helm unit as chaff clearing duty. The hawkeye is rogue choice? was there some idea behind this?
High Elves since Aug 2010: Tot /W / L / D - 100 / 75 / 23 / 2
Tomb Kings since Sep 2013:Tot / W / L / D - 31 / 18 / 12 / 1

Chronicles of Loriel's Glory and Shame
the shalafi

Re: 1600-2000-2400 escalation

#3 Post by the shalafi »

Loriel wrote:1600 point

As it seems that there isn't requirement to have same choices in the army list (as some escalations dictates that you cannot drop any choices from previous battles) I would totally suggest that leave the BSB noble from the list and either add models to phoenix guard and silverhelms instead, or you could even land 5 model dragon princes instead. Allthough looking at your list you seem to be really fond on Herohammering ;)

I actually consider that you are not allowed to draw Shield of Merwyrm when you have special weapon. Atleast if you play RAW and in this sense better check this out from TO.

2000 point

Sword of might on drake master seems to me little big investment.

I would suggest that place the BSB in silverhelms instead and just killy character in dragon princes. Reason why i Suggest this is to get some heat of from the dragon princes. At the moment any 6 dicing dwellers, final transmutations etc will be heading right towards that unit its a big point sink for you. This way you can get your opponent attention to that unit. You are probably anyway having both helms and dragon princes nearby to try killing the same units.

2400 points
Hmm. the high magic on support mage... I think you would be probably better of with shadows miasma. and better yet if things look really bad for your characters in dragon prince unit you could swap them with smoke and mirrors and perhaps save some points to either win battle or make the lose little less.

For the archers ( I don't know if you own any more models) but I would add another reaver unit instead or smaller silver helm unit as chaff clearing duty. The hawkeye is rogue choice? was there some idea behind this?
thanks for your advice!
I have to keep my bsb to same in all games, so sadly i can't change him... otherwise I'd definately do that. ( and yes, i like herohammering... :^o ) I'll ask about the shield. didn't think of that.
good advice on the characther swapping, i think i'll definately do that.
the mean reason i chose high magic was because of the +1 to cast, so i migth swap it out for shadow... good point there.
I sadly do not own more silver helms or reavers :( only seaguard. more reavers are next on my shopping list, but that may take a while.
by High elves plog: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/high-elves-of-caledor.29197/
my Vampire Counts plog: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/what-is-dead-many-never-die-but-rises-again-shalafis-plog.29205/