Bringing the Pain - Imrik and Alarielle (Incarnate) 3000

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Toledo Inquisition

Bringing the Pain - Imrik and Alarielle (Incarnate) 3000

#1 Post by Toledo Inquisition »

Posting this before I forget. Got a big 3000 point tournament (no End Time magic) coming up, and I'm bringing the pain to compete with the big boys.

Taking Imrik and Alarielle, Incarnate of Life. This should win me plenty of comp points!
John Rainbow

Re: Bringing the Pain - Imrik and Alarielle (Incarnate) 3000

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

Fancy showing us the list?
Toledo Inquisition

Re: Bringing the Pain - Imrik and Alarielle (Incarnate) 3000

#3 Post by Toledo Inquisition »

Host of the Eternity King

Adepticon this week, 3000 points

Imrik 810

Alarielle, Incarnate of Life 540

Noble BSB 150
Dragon Armor, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone, Barded Steed

L1 Metal Sorceress, Dispel Scroll 105

10 Silver Helms, shields, FC 260

6 Silver Helms, shields, S, M 158

5 Reavers, Bows instead of Spears, S 95

19 Witch Elves, S, M, Eternal Flame 239

21 White Lions, FC, BOTWD 353

Frostheart 240

Eagle 50

3000 even

A far departure from my normal list which is a Lord on Stardragon, L2, BSB on horse, Caradryan on Ashtari, 2 10 Silver Helms, 10-12 archers, 5 reavers, 19ish White Lions, two eagles, two Frosties.

I normally play High Elves only, hence mostly High Elf units. I have a Wood Elf army, but I don't much like the play style and it isn't painted very well either. I know I could make the core much stronger with some Wood Elf archers but that isn't my goal.

My main reason for playing the Eternity King list is that I'm starting a Dark Elf army, and have a unit of 19 well painted new Witch Elves who have only seen action in this Eternity King list. This Dark Elf army has been very slowly coming together for a year, and other than a unit of 5 Cold One Riders (which I dropped and shattered), represent my entire Darkies collection. Since I won't have a chance to field this unit in the near future, this is the only way I can get them on the board. Literally that is the only reason I'm playing EK right now. But now that I am, I want to try and win this tournament.

I do have 19 decently painted Reaper models that could pass as Wood Elf archers by the way. But like I said, I don't like the play style too much, and it is late in the game for whole scale changes.

I started my play testing with Alarielle and my normal Stardragon, less three White Lions and the L1, adding another eagle and Frostie. But then I thought I would have problems with new Karl Franz and Malkith. I did the math, and on average, a healthy Imrik can handle Karl Franz in two rounds of combat. My last game was with one more eagle and 3 more White Lions, plus bits. Totally destroyed Ogres - I let 6 mournfang, 12 guts with characters, and 8 bulls charge Imrik from three sides. Imrik held in the first round with only 2 wounds and dished out 10 wounds. We called it at that point, because I was going to counter charge.

Alarielle works so well with Imrik as she can heal two wounds a round without her spells. As long as I can heal up the big guy, I should be okay.

While it isn't a sure thing vs. Karl Franz, I think it is a 60-40% shot for Imrik. However, Malkith has me worried. If Malkith charges Imrik, I'm toast (due to the 2+ WS vs. non-magic attacks). If I get the charge off, on average I'm still only doing 5 wounds, and I'd probably lose in the long run. I've added a L1 Metal just in the hopes of having a threat vs. Malkith. Sadly it cost me my second eagle, which I'm going to miss. I had a game scheduled tonight to test out this L1 (going into battle untested!) but sadly he had to cancel.

My equipment on the core is a little strange, but I need the banners badly, as Adepticon is quite Fortitude heavy.

Thoughts on things to watch out for? Also, other than minor things, I think this list is pretty locked in. No major changes, as I won't have a chance to try it out.