Uncomped tourney using tactical objective scoring - 2500pts

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

spacecoyote

Uncomped tourney using tactical objective scoring - 2500pts

#1 Post by spacecoyote »

First post, so sorry for the length

I'm eyeing up a 2500 point uncomped tourney, with some strange wrinkles in the scoring that is making me reconsider my standard SH Bus netlist. First of all there's no 20-0 scoring system--just 8 points for a win 4 for a tie 0 for a loss. In addition each game has two objective markers that can be claimed by units with banners. They're worth 3 if you're infantry, 2 if you're a Flyer or Monstrous beast/Infantry, 1 if you're Cav. You get 2 additional points if you deny your opponent both markers. So in theory holding both markers with infantry is worth just as many tournament points as winning the VP battle, and wiping you're opponent off the board isn't any better than winning by 350VP (which is the winning threshold).

Clearly this system is designed as a kind of built in 'comp' against cavstars and gunlines. But I'm trying to decide if the points you get for holding the objectives with infantry is worth throwing away the Silver Helm list--holding objectives won't do me much if I get my army wiped out. So anyway, here's what I've been working with... the list is from memory, but I think it's pretty damn close. Any thoughts on the list, as well as it's viability over a more classic SH Bus would be appreciated.

LORDS

Archmage Lv 4 Death
BOH

HERO
Mage Lv 1 Beasts
Dispell Scroll

Noble BSB
Dragon Armour, Sheild of Merwyrm, Sword of Anti-Heroes

CORE

23 Archers, Standard, Muso
6 Silver Helms, FCG
2x5 Reavers, Bows, Standard, Muso