Doubles tournament lists

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Avicii

Doubles tournament lists

#1 Post by Avicii »

Hello Ulthuan, just writing in to get some help from everyone on my doubles tournament list (mine and my allies). The tournament is in July and unfortunately my team mate and I will probably get no practice in together as an allied force so all the help on here will be much appreciated. My ally is taking empire and will be combine with my trusty elves to make a Coven of light.

The army size is 1500points each (3000 ttl) and can only take a magic item once within the whole force however spells can be doubled. Each army can have a General and BSB and can use their presence for the entire force.

My HE list:

Archmage, lv4, Lore of light, BoH, Golden Crown
BSB, AoC, GW (a few concerns about the build for this guy)
Mage, lv1, Lore of light, forbidden rod

18 archers, muso
5 Reavers, Bows and spear
5 Reavers, bows an spears
20 WLs, Full comm, BoWD
5 sisters
RBT
RBT

Ally's Empire list:

Wizard Lv4, lore of light, earthing rod
Engineer
Wizard Lv1, lore of light, dispel scroll

40 Halberds, full comm
10 handguns
5 archers detachment
4 Demigryph, full comm
Cannon
Hell blaster
Steam Tank

We know that our characters are mostly unprotected but are magic phase will hopeful be very strong. With 4 channels and forbidden rod there should not be too many low PD phases. My AM will take on a lot of the lower casting spells with the help of BoH, while the empire wizard can go for some bigger spells with protection of the earthing rod in case of a miscast.

We feel our long range power is good and we have our blocks to defend the lines along with light buffs incase combat arises. We are still unsure of the complete synergy between these two lists but we have not put too much discussion into them as of yet. I will continue to update this post if any changes are made.

Avicii
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=50357]Army Blog Current Style: 'Phoenix Monster List'[/url]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=41334]How to make your own Battle Chronicler components/images[/url]