2400 MSU list

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

akielzather

2400 MSU list

#1 Post by akielzather »

Having played the Cav Prince or SH bus for many months thought i would try something more infantry based.

List and choices.

AM - LVL 4,(life) Annulian Cystal, Talsiman of Protection. Wanted to keep fairly cheap and love the defensive power of the crystal. Went with only 6+ward to keep simple and plan on defaulting to regen spell on life to support bunker.

Heros -

Noble BSB - AOC, GP, GW - Standard build. Perfer ward over re-rolls to offer some protection vs snippers.

Lvl 2 Mage - (Metal) Dispel Scroll - Knight cracker and buffer. Been playing arround with different support casters and have found metal very useful against my regular oppenents - Woc, DE , Skaven, Doc and Dwarfs. Not always perfect, but with an Ok choice of spells can be a gem..

Core

35 Spears FC Gleaming pendent. Steadfast block
10 Archers Mus - Chaf killer
12 Archers Mus+Standard - Chaf killer- (mage bunker)

Special
20 WL FC Champ has iron curse icon . Bos (run 7-3 with BSB in them) (Finished painting them at long last so wanted to use them) Not the only reason of course. Str 6 stubborn.
12 SM + Standard - Expendable block of killness. (was orginally 14 but drop to get minor ward and icon and to afford RBT)
14 SM +Standard - Slightly more durable expendable killness.
5 DP mus. Redirect, Hunters and flank support.

Rare
2 Eagles - re-directors, warmachine hunters
1 RBT ( Painted and wanted one more chaf killer)

Played one battle with this list and was victory by turn 5 with loss of one eagle.

Magic worked well, archers and Rbt helped reduce numbers well and dealt with chaf. Dp and eagle did sterling job of securing right flank then sweeping down the centre. SM scared the opponent from engaging directly to get match ups that i wanted when i wanted.

Man of the match - Eagle 2 - that flank charged socecer lord on disk, broke and ran down enemy general.
8th 2012 Tournie P12 W8 D0 L4
8th 2013 Tournie 7th Ed book P17 W9 D2 L6
Totals P29 W17 D2 L10

Characters.
Calidiane - Captian of the Silver Helms of Saphery. Death Knight of Hoeth.
Maulinerine - Archmage of Life.
Kavineer - Battle-standard Bearer