Help with Orc & Goblins

Discuss your tactics for the 8th Ed army book here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

tarquimis

Help with Orc & Goblins

#1 Post by tarquimis »

Hello everyone.
In a few days I will have a game to 3500 points against an army of Orcs and Goblins. Great army rules, EOT magic and elves were used pus use the book khaine allowing me to make many combinations.

But I'm having trouble deciding the list, use gunline, flying monsters ... I'm pretty lost XD

The Orc player, but not your list that used a gunline, with many bolt thrower (6?), Goblin Doom Diver, catapults (war machines) etc .... Which destroys my cavalry, star dragon, Frostheart Phoenix etc ... And this is what I usually use in my games regularly.

Rather not if an elf gunline spam will be effective with bolt throwers and archers with poisoned.

That think? Any advice ??

thank you very much
aquietfrog

Re: Help with Orc & Goblins

#2 Post by aquietfrog »

Bring the Loremaster. Try a Purple Sun and spam Pit of Shades. Hide your flying monsters behind buildings.
tarquimis

#3 Post by tarquimis »

The problem with those big spells, is that although they can give you the game is random, and more now with the magic of EOT and throw 1D6 to see when dice can be used as exit a low roll the spell is not cast and not can be repeated.

As for what to hide monsters after building is good clear idea, but few buildings there will be? because it could be many monsters to hide, and to do nothing in the game ....

So I ask advice.
John Rainbow

#4 Post by John Rainbow »

Orcs struggle against monsters unless they have a lot of artillery, in which case they are a hard counter. I would say that there are a lot of things that could work. I've had success with hybrid lists in the past, and a bit of shooting or ranged magic always helps to kill off fanatics, etc.
Curu Olannon
Vindicated Strategist

#5 Post by Curu Olannon »

L4 death, power scroll
L4 high, book of hoeth, ironcurse icon
Sea Helm BSB, merwyrm, warrior bane

As many wood elf archers as you can take with a mix of poison, trueflight and starfire arrows

30 WL, FC, BOTWD (characters go here)

16 RBTs

Good luck :)
Retired from Warhammer. Playing Warmachine & Hordes (Cygnar).

Follow me on Courage of Caspia, my blog.

Warhammer blogs from 2011-2015:

:: Path to Glory - High Elves Army Blog ::
:: Curu Olannon's Vindicators - 2500 points Army Blog (Old book, outdated) ::
sparkytrypod

#6 Post by sparkytrypod »

Curu Olannon wrote:L4 death, power scroll
LI again high, book of hoeth, ironcurse icon
Sea Helm BSB, merwyrm, warrior bane

As many wood elf archers as you can take with a mix of poison, trueflight and starfire arrows

30 WL, FC, BOTWD (characters go here)

16 RBTs

Good luck :)
Haha! And that orc player will never speak to u again!
But ya, super effective!
death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain

do an rpg personality test, im from Ireland and I get...

[CENTER][url=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][img]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg[/img][/url][/CENTER
tarquimis

#7 Post by tarquimis »

Not a bad idea, but they think it is good strategy to focus both shot? The bolt thrower will make 98 shots is not bad, but impact 4s 4s and hurt removes many shots.
Archers would be 60 with poisons and trueflight hurt but enough to kill him ??

I was pondering also the option of using a metal Lv4 and the book of Asur, besides the lv4 with high magic and the book of Hoeth. To try to give that special sve2 + to the cavalry with the new spell EOT.

What do you think?