How to kit out a noble on eagle

Discuss your tactics for the 8th Ed army book here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Vonostermann

How to kit out a noble on eagle

#1 Post by Vonostermann »

I've finally made my self a noble on eagle.

I want to use him as an 'anywhere threat' for flanking, chaf removal and wae machine hunting. which is not too expensive.

How to kit him out?

I'm planning on:

Noble
Eagle (Swiftsense)
Golden crown
HA, SH, Lion cloak, Lance

Is it true that this will give me a 3W T4 noble, cause he uses the eagles profile on T and W?
If you'd like, take a look at my painting blog for a view of my other armies: [url]https://sites.google.com/site/flameshammer/home/warhammer/painting-blogs[/url]
Andros123

Re: How to kit out a noble on eagle

#2 Post by Andros123 »

Yes it is true :) .

Maybe give him a enchanted shield for the extra amour save and a potion of foolhardiness.
John Rainbow

#3 Post by John Rainbow »

Yeah this is in the FAQ. As for the kit is is decent but really doesn't mean much in isolation. I do have the feeling he is a bit impotent off the charge though. What else is in your list?
Vonostermann

#4 Post by Vonostermann »

John Rainbow wrote:Yeah this is in the FAQ. As for the kit is is decent but really doesn't mean much in isolation. I do have the feeling he is a bit impotent off the charge though. What else is in your list?
I've got quite a few models so I'd be able to make most lists but 2000p would look something like:

Archmage Book. Shadow

Noble BSB, Shield of Merwyrm, Golden Crown Dragon Armor
Noble on Eagle as described

15 archers musi
15 archers musi
(Reavers)
6-10 Silver Helms

5 Shadow Warriors (I know they're bad but I love the models)
20-25 PG or 20 Lions Full command (Lions would have BotWD) Lions would be 7x3 formation

Reaper
Reaper
Eagle
Eagle
Last edited by Vonostermann on Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
qwe50

#5 Post by qwe50 »

I think you army lack against armour so I would give you engle noble starlance, enchanted shield, golden crown and potion of foolhardiness. This way he can also support charge
Love making army lists
Don't believe MSU
John Rainbow

#6 Post by John Rainbow »

Shadow Warriors aren't all that bad. I agree that you will have problems against armour. The StarLance is a good idea for this but it isn't all that effective if you bounce on the charge. You are very reliant on magic with a list like this. Having said this, I've made lists like this work so it can function pretty well.
Mist

#7 Post by Mist »

Star lance, great weapon, lion cloak, heavy armor, pot of fool, Magic shield (2++ against the first hit).
Beast would be nice to have as a magic law but you cannot base our law round one model. If you had Teclis on the other hand ......
And I agree with the above, shadow warriors are not all that bad, you just have to use them right.
Vonostermann

#8 Post by Vonostermann »

I have loads of painted elves, so I can field most lists all though I don't get to play much.

considering armor I might fit in Razor Standard with the PG or go with the lions. The bolt Throwers also come in handy I guess.

What about the +1 S for the noble on eagle?
Sackree

#9 Post by Sackree »

Reaver bow, potion of strength, enchanted shield, Lance, Lion cloak, heavy Armor.

Fully upgraded Eagle

Contributes to more than one phase, is resilient to shooting attacks and low strength close combat attacks.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=45855]Charge of the Loremaster - Army Blog[/url]
the shalafi

#10 Post by the shalafi »

I have been thinking about running one as well, and this would be my kit:

Eagle, Dragon Armour, Charmed Shield, Sword of Might, Golden Crown, Other Tricksters shard.

The other tricksters shard will not be too usefull for the purposes you want him, so I'd swap that one out for the Ironcurse Icon.
by High elves plog: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/high-elves-of-caledor.29197/
my Vampire Counts plog: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/what-is-dead-many-never-die-but-rises-again-shalafis-plog.29205/
Nicene

#11 Post by Nicene »

I run a bsb with Charmed shield, Potion of strength, Reaver bow, lance, dragon armor. Extremely flexible character.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=61399]my MSU army list/battle reports[/url]

[quote="Nyeave"]Omg it's a parrot chariot - a parriot... :D[/quote]
Rabidnid

#12 Post by Rabidnid »

I've never actually run it, but I used heavy armour, lion cloak, halberd, DB hellm, crown and ring of fury in a couple lists with the plan of throwing it into the enemy rear for general mayhem.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Vonostermann

#13 Post by Vonostermann »

Thanks all.

I'm on the right track and look forward to trying out the flying elf.
SteVieBizzLe

#14 Post by SteVieBizzLe »

you could always do the 'go big or go home' techniques and do something like:

Noble: Eagle; Heavy Armour; Lance; Enchanted Shield; Talisman of Preservation.

2+/4++ aint bad, although I like the Reaver bow build mentioned previously.
Eltherion2

#15 Post by Eltherion2 »

Highest Australian Ranking 31
2015 Club Championship (Runner Up)
2014: 2nd Place Barglecon II, 2nd Place Conviction (High Elves)
2013 Barglecon I Best General (High Elves)
2011 M.O.A.B 10th Place (Dark Elves)
2010 Devilcon 4th Place, Blood on the Reich 2nd Place (Skaven)
Andrew_uk

#16 Post by Andrew_uk »

I once ran a L4 Beast Archmage on eagle (with 4+ Ward and Silver Wand, now I would try 4+ Ward and BoH), Prince on Eagle, maximum number of supporting Nobles on Eagles all with as many extra attacks as you can get and 1 supporting L1 Beast Mage to ensure your Archmage gets the right spells

General shooty/avoidance core choices Archers/Reavers

Basically the advantage of this is that you can pick your fights carefully. That first round keep everyone close to the Archmage and cast +3 Toughness, on the turn you charge you can wipe out 2 units with all your firepower just by giving them +3 Strength, +3 Attacks

When I did this my Prince was able to pull off 10 attacks at S7 :D so goodbye enemy unit
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log